• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A higher rise would also be helpful for your build.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Question guys! Does luxire still do second trial trousers half price? First trousers I got was kind of unwearable and completely different from trouser pictures with measurements I sent... Now we are having disagreement about what alterations to make for second trial trousers and they have been avoiding answering the question regards and article on their site regards fit warranty for new customers... (Second trial trousers half price and if im still unhappy, I send both pairs back and get my money returned)....

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if someone could explain shoulder pitch for me?

henaal

Reaction score
You mean sleeve pitch? Google, and you'll find a ton of good guides. Or if you mean shoulder slope, google will do a good job for that as well.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updated pics after pressing. The pleat still appear to be pulling and the upper thighs seem very billowy.

Attachments

• APC_0213.JPG
    APC_0213.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 118
  • APC_0212.JPG
    APC_0212.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 122
  • APC_0211.JPG
    APC_0211.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 160
  • APC_0210.JPG
    APC_0210.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 163

aj805

Reaction score
@DFWWingnut, If you are liking this lower rise style where the waistband sits below your navel and the top of your hips, then I would drop the pleats and then you can take in the thighs a bit to remove the bagginess.

Pleats really are for trousers that sit on top your hips and allow the pant volume to grow as they move downward over the hips and thigh for a full drapey cut. That doesn't seem to be what you're going for, and they're throwing off the balance here. The pleats won't stay closed because there will never be enough volume below them due to where they sit on your frame.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wing...

I recall your dress fabric/ jean cut and they were amazing..

Just wondering about this subpar fit,... did u send in a garment?

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dress jeans were a lower rise, non pleated, designed to sit at the hips. I was going for something a bit more Neapolitan here.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dress jeans were a lower rise, non pleated, designed to sit at the hips. I was going for something a bit more Neapolitan here.

of course, I understand all that.

Just wondering, did u send in measurements, or a pr of slacks to copy?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DFWWingnut ,

What @aj805 is asking/saying is whether or not the rise height reaches your navel. In addition to a wider thigh measurement, a higher rise would help remedy your pleat issues.

If you are happy with your rise height then awesome. However, I think having them reach the "crest" of your stomach, belly button, or even adding 1.5 inches would greatly affect the overall aesthetics of your trousers. Especially if you're going for the Neapolitan style, since fit is just as important as the details.

It's difficult to explain in words but do a google search on Ethan Newton from The Armoury. He has a lot of great photos of himself which might help.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DFWWingnut ,

What @aj805 is asking/saying is whether or not the rise height reaches your navel. In addition to a wider thigh measurement, a higher rise would help remedy your pleat issues.

If you are happy with your rise height then awesome. However, I think having them reach the "crest" of your stomach, belly button, or even adding 1.5 inches would greatly affect the overall aesthetics of your trousers. Especially if you're going for the Neapolitan style, since fit is just as important as the details.

It's difficult to explain in words but do a google search on Ethan Newton from The Armoury. He has a lot of great photos of himself which might help.
Thanks fellas. I’ll keep iterating.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I’ll keep iterating.

No prob. FWIW I think the pants are completely wearable, and will look just fine with a sportcoat. I think the 80/20 rule applies here...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics