• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

boot_owl

Reaction score
The hand sewn bar-tacks were a pleasant touch, but yes not the most robust (mostly on the lower edge of the pocket in my experience). A mix of both seems sensible.

My experience too, the ones at the bottom of my pockets have snapped on a few pairs. A good change.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your linen seems waaay lighter in shade than on the lux site.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today, we celebrate the festival of Ganesha. Hence our support team is on leave. There may be some delays in email response.
Order processing goes on as usual. You can use coupon code GANESHA for 10% discount on your orders. Today only. No minimums.

Vadim T

Reaction score
Maybe someone will find it valuable.

Ordered pants of light color fabric, in this case white seersucker.
In comments to the order specify
- for all processes (stitches, button-holes, etc...) during the production of the trousers, use navy threads -
Take the paint to stain the fabric in the washing machine, in my case "IDEAL" throw a bag of paint and pants into the drum of the washing machine and start washing.
"DYLON" also good paint @Quesjac wrote about it in his blog.
IMPORTANT, pants should be ordered unfinished, to be able to adjust the length and width of the pant legs.
P1100372.JPG

Last edited:

paulraphael

Reaction score
Any favorite shirt fabrics for Fall? From business casual to casual-casual. I think I have my fit dialed in with Luxire, but the fabric photos and descriptions are so sketchy that it's hard to make an informed choice.

Even with good photos and descriptions (Proper Cloth) I find I come away with different opinions after handling an actual shirt.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Word is that wool prices have dropped to 2016 levels due in part to the trade war. Anybody want to take a bet on whether mills will lower prices in the future?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Word is that wool prices have dropped to 2016 levels due in part to the trade war. Anybody want to take a bet on whether mills will lower prices in the future?

Though prices not there yet, some mills may revise prices next season.

As anybody in business can explain, cost increase is a constant. Linear increase is usually absorbed by businesses, till the point of it being manageable. When market factors bring in an exponential change in costs, they need to be passed on to the buyer. But, the change in price usually takes effect over some time.

If market conditions turn favorable, the change is used to soften the blow of the constant linear increase.
Savings, if small, are not enough to decrease pricess across board. They are then used for offering volume discounts and encouraging growth.

Here, another factor is the competition from wool mills in China. That may encourage some of the European fabric sellers to revise prices.

There a lot of articles on post-Brexit GBP impact on cross-border trade, to understand how things often work.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire What's the turnaround time for sending trousers in for replication and getting them back? I only have one good pair of suit trousers at the moment, so I wouldn't want to be without them for too long.

sweener

Reaction score
Can someone please give me advice on how I can improve the collar fit of my shirt? It's the last thing I am struggling with.

The shirt is a Semi Spread collar with default measurements and it unfortunately does not fit in my jacket properly (there is a gap between the collar and the jacket).

Attachments

• IMG_6565.jpg
    IMG_6565.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_6566.jpg
    IMG_6566.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 156

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics