• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new method is for new patterns. Luxire still replicates old patterns if the customer’s fit is already dialed in.

VL22

Reaction score
But if the pattern is 95% wouldnt it be much easier for everybody involved to adjust it?

Would be nice to see the fit of a pair of trousers made with the new pattern

txm22

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any insight into the specific improvements in the new stock pattern? I'm probably in the same boat as the OP (80-90%) there with my existing pattern, but some of the tweaks at this point are not as simple as increasing or decreasing thigh/hip measurements by +/- 1 cm.

I'm thinking about testing out a pair with the new pattern. Should I just provide Luxire with the existing pant measurements that fit me best (i.e., those from my existing pair) and see where that takes me?

Quesjac

Reaction score
But if the pattern is 95% wouldnt it be much easier for everybody involved to adjust it?

Would be nice to see the fit of a pair of trousers made with the new pattern

This crossed my mind. It would be useful to know how major the changes are. I wouldn't want to go through another 2-3 pairs just to get back into the same minor tweak territory again, plus money, tailors' time and airmiles spent.

The new pattern did not work for me, however I am likely the exception not the rule.

Are you able to give a sense of the difference? Was it a different block adjusted to similar linear measurements?

Can anyone provide any insight into the specific improvements in the new stock pattern? I'm probably in the same boat as the OP (80-90%) there with my existing pattern, but some of the tweaks at this point are not as simple as increasing or decreasing thigh/hip measurements by +/- 1 cm.

This is the interesting question. I think it's hard to perfect something by email if (like me!) you keep changing from wool to cotton to linen and so on. But for the same reason I don't yet see how changing the base pattern will overcome that challenge.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your tone doesn't sound like your pattern is at 95%. Trying to achieve 100% fit is really an exercise in futility. Might as well go the full bespoke route and even then there's no guarantee.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Your tone doesn't sound like your pattern is at 95%. Trying to achieve 100% fit is really an exercise in futility. Might as well go the full bespoke route and even then there's no guarantee.
I agree it's about expectations, but what I meant was that the variations in fit in my orders seems to me as much about differences in fabrics as it does the pattern.

The other reason is my weight is fluctuating a bit, so I still expect to be making small adjustments to pattern regardless of how good it is, for as long as I'm making progress in the gym.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In our older system, we would try and follow the measurements closely. The focus was on accurately meeting the order specifications. There were a lot of variables which would affect the fit.

In the new system, we determine the body shape from the measurements and the pattern is made to the shape specific standard "structure". We have created the system after closely studying thousands of patterns, measurements and customer fit images. If measurements do not match, we contact the customer for additional information.
The focus now is on getting the fit right.

We are seeing very good results.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If your old pattern is "almost there", ask us for a pattern review. If we determine that the shape is "off the structure", we would recommend redoing the pattern.

If asking for a review, please be patient. It is a process that takes time.

This was the case with @Quesjac . We did a pattern review and believe that the new process will work much better for him.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Old vs new

Middle one is old, the 2 on the side are new. Same customer, same measurements.
Untitled-1.jpg

alfredt

Reaction score
Brisbane?.....

is that you?..

do u like the cloth?.....is it stiff or soft?......do u like how it drapes.

The pic looks very good
Not me! I just happen to follow him on Instagram and saw he posted the cloth in the caption.

aj805

Reaction score
This is the kind of approach that would seem to add great value to the service. I've learned (over many, many iterations) that there is so much more to tailoring than the short list of dimensions and instructions we can communicate in order forms and email, even if we did understand all of the specialized knowledge that goes into making tailored garments. If tailors are to work verbatim to customers' directions, it seems getting even a "great" fit might involve as much luck as anything, especially if one has a an odd body shape. Such is the challenge of MTM.

I have patterns established now with Luxire that I'm pretty happy with. The pants I get certainly do the job of looking good to me, being comfortable, and performing as I expect. But the pictures provided above do make me curious as to whether they might be improved on further--I have to say that the "new" pattern examples do seem markedly better than the old. It seems the "new" rise is higher, and slightly fuller through the thigh, which are adjustments that of course could be made to an existing pattern, but perhaps there is more to it than that, and getting there might have taken several iterations otherwise.

At any rate, the results look great. Thanks to Luxire for their efforts in trying to improve their service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads