• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
I just received my order placed on May 28th, containing two shirts and two trousers. Seven and a half weeks, which is par for the course when it comes to Luxire in my experience.

Having read user Quesjac's guide to trouser fabrics (https://woollenhulls.com/post/175465671341/luxire-trouser-guide), I elected to go for the Linen Natural Ecru Hopsack and Apple Fresco Cotton trousers. I've never had a pair of proper heavy trousers and must say I am impressed with the linen trousers - so much so that I want to write about them so that others have a look at the fabric. I must agree with the review in the blog post and say that the fabric is great. Wears cool despite its heavy weight and drapes very well because of the same. On the other hand, the Apple Fresco trousers did not impress. I'm not displeased, but they can't hold a candle to the linen trousers. In this case I would be inclined to agree with the slightly less positive review in the blog post. They have wrinkled a good deal in just 30 minutes of wear, however they are cool and I do like the color. Drape is not very impressive, presumably due to the light weight.

On an unrelated note, which measurements does one change for a "fuller" shirt. I am quite pleased with the fitting of the shirts, but I wouldn't mind a bit more fullness in the body and sleeves, without the shirt necessarily looking like I picked something a size too large.
Yeah, the heavy ecru linen is a great fabric.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
lux...

pls try to udate the site.........dont just say mid or heavy wt re: fabric wt.....can they say it in ounces specifically as thy oft do ?
All new fabrics have weight in grams/oz. Some of the older ones do not.
Many levels of overhaul needed. Do not know where to start.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All new fabrics have weight in grams/oz. Some of the older ones do not.
Many levels of overhaul needed. Do not know where to start.

ok.......got it.

PS

How long does it take a mill to repsond to Lux if they have something?...I asked Luxire about 2 weeks ago?......pics were sent to the Mill............its a bit much, no?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
ok.......got it.

PS

How long does it take a mill to repsond to Lux if they have something?...I asked Luxire about 2 weeks ago?......pics were sent to the Mill............its a bit much, no?

Most respond within a day. Here, for some reason, we have not seen a response from Albini, even after repeated reminders. Will follow-up again.

Quesjac

Reaction score
As I've just done a few updates (thanks @emptym!) I thought it might be a good time to mention that the Luxire Trouser Guide on my blog now has a full set of winter flannels (Luxire, VBC, Loro Piana, Minnis) plus cords and moleskin, and this is probably about the time to put your order in if you want them before the weather starts to turn cold.

As ever, contributions of fabric reviews with real life photos gratefully received!

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I've just done a few updates (thanks @emptym!) I thought it might be a good time to mention that the Luxire Trouser Guide on my blog now has a full set of winter flannels (Luxire, VBC, Loro Piana, Minnis) plus cords and moleskin, and this is probably about the time to put your order in if you want them before the weather starts to turn cold.

As ever, contributions of fabric reviews with real life photos gratefully received!
Would love to get some additional content on the shirt guide. It's a great piece but didn't generate follow-on content like I'd hoped.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Would love to get some additional content on the shirt guide. It's a great piece but didn't generate follow-on content like I'd hoped.

Thanks. Me too, I have a few I could add by now but I'm pretty dependent on contributions. Happy to do it if enough people can chip in with a photo and a few lines about look, feel, and performance over time.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to contribute of course.

bik2101

Reaction score
ugh... spoke too soon about fedex being so reliable
my fedex package has been stuck since shipping day (Wednesday) with some sort of shipment exception (delay beyond our control),, I really hope that gets resolved or at least some delivery date gets set

soFla5

Reaction score
I agree that the yoke could be narrowed slightly. This would have the additional effect of "shortening" the sleeve (the sleeve itself isn't shortened but the neck-sleeve cuff distance is shortened) but I don't think it would be enough. i.e. narrowing the yoke by 0.75" only decreases each side by 3/8". Assuming that the shirt has been washed and you don't anticipate any more shrinkage, you could decrease the sleeve length by an additional 1/2" or so, I think. You could also ask to reduce the biceps but be aware that a little goes a long way. Something along the lines of 1/4-1/2".

I am not sure what they mean by "slash the front chest by 0.5" horizontally". I have a guess but it might be worth asking them exactly what they mean by this alteration. If it's what I'm thinking, it could certainly help. I'd appreciate it if you could report their response back to us because I think I might need a similar alteration myself. I am not sure that the shoulder slope needs to be changed.

I've attached the image/response from luxire. 20190713_184538.jpg

SFLawyer

Reaction score
Gorgeous! I ordered both! I cannot wait to get them. That red/yellow is particularly awesome and will work well into the fall here.
I ordered shirts in both of these back on June 11th and received my shipping notice this past Friday, June 12th. They should be here and hanging in my closets tomorrow. My previous order took about 6 weeks exactly from the time I ordered until I received them, this order took 4 weeks. I know some folks have seen some delays (as have I on a couple orders last year) but I'm pretty happy with this one. I'm looking forward to receiving the shirts... I can never have too much madras in my closet!

I just received a pair of trousers in the blue/yellow check (ordered around a month ago). Amazing fabric. Very loud as trousers, but I'll have a lot of fun wearing them. I'm sorely tempted to get the red/yellow too.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Quesjac

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads