• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire, wondering if I have received an order in the wrong fabric? I ordered this wool rich to replace an older pair I have worn through, but it looks like a darker cloth.

Have the colours changed, or is this just the wrong fabric? Thanks!

Photos show my old pair next to my new pair.

Please send an email.

Professor_3

Reaction score
You mentioned that you've worn out these trousers, I'm curious, how long have you owned them and how frequently have you worn them?

monkk

Reaction score
You mentioned that you've worn out these trousers, I'm curious, how long have you owned them and how frequently have you worn them?
I have same cloth trousers since last spring. Wearing 2x week for half year. Washed once with machine. So far holding very strong.

Semwvdh

Reaction score
Horrible run in with @luxire, especially customer service.

I had ordered a tuxedo trouser from a VBC fabric with a galon of satin silk.

Before this I sent an e-mail to customer service regarding the possibilities of having the galon, pictures of what I wanted attached.
This was no problem whatsoever and all I needed to do was just add it in the comments.

Not too long later I ordered the trousers, on the 25th of March.

Knowing it was a mill fabric, I expected it to be somewhat later than the usual 2-3 weeks.

After 3,5 weeks I've got an email if I wanted to pay an extra 50 dollars for the galon and they were working on my order.

I paid immediately after getting this message. Although I have to say, I strongly feel this should have been mentioned when I inquired about the possibility though mail. As EU rules oblige traders to display correct and complete pricing information before a customer makes a purchase online.

I decided to forego this issue and was eagerly awaiting my order.

After 5 weeks I decided to send another mail about the order. To which I get the reply my order consisted of a mill fabric and that when they've got it in they would ship it within 2-3 days. This was about the order I was told was already being worked on. The mail I sent was on the 30th of April.

21st of June, I sent an e-mail out asking how my order was coming along, the date far exceeding events I planned on wearing it, also I did mention the charge of 50 dollars post ordering and the unhappiness about it.

The day after I got a reply saying:
"We understand that you are waiting for your order.
We have checked and see that your order is in the final stage of production, post completing all quality checks your order is expected to be shipped by early next week."

Nothing mentioned of the (illegal per law for anyone trading with EU citizens) upcharge.

About two weeks later I sent a reply asking yet again where my order was. Another apology and stating they would ship it the day after. That would've been the 3th of July.

To this day I have not received any update, shipping confirmation or an order delivered to my home.

All in all a lot of e-mails, time and work from my side. In return false promises, still no product and even fraudulent activities on Luxire's side.

I feel I have been more than gallant from my side, but that's nearing the end as well. I would have been content with a lot of issues if it was just mentioned beforehand.

I would definitely recommend against ordering from Luxire, for the stated above.

My view is that the company does not have an ethical compass regarding customers and frankly only cares about the money they bring in.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Semwvdh Sad to know of the issue.

Do PM me your order number. Will have it checked and resolved.

A lot of our processes are manual. Even with all the right intent, things do sometimes slip through the cracks. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Vadim T

Reaction score
For a long time in the subject photo was not.

Attachments

• c1ba42d1ebd8.jpg
    c1ba42d1ebd8.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 57ae0ad168de.jpg
    57ae0ad168de.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 108
  • P1100269(2).jpg
    P1100269(2).jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 102
  • P1100252(1).jpg
    P1100252(1).jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 117

msanchez0125

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these fabrics for a basic dress shirt? I'm split between these two:

Thanks.

OzWino

Reaction score
I was looking at getting some jeans made. Probably the typical dark blue or black fabric. What sort of different threads are available or what have people used thats a bit different ? Any pictures?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Luxire...

can u offer some love here?

I sent Luxire a pic of an albini shirt cloth offered by another mtm co.. Its been over 2 weeks since they/Luxire said they would check w/ albini.

Cust service has alays been great w/ me

Could you let me know?...is it that hard to find out?

red slub chambray herringbone:
38ac19b2d3276fabc37a0da8e8ded393_page_default.jpg

and this pic is on the actual Albini website. Id like info on the blue /coral and white stripe cloth( its below the blu and white stripe) thnx!!!!

Attachments

• GMF0007-700x700.jpg
    GMF0007-700x700.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Luxire...

can u offer some love here?

I sent Luxire a pic of an albini shirt cloth offered by another mtm co.. Its been over 2 weeks since they/Luxire said they would check w/ albini.

Cust service has alays been great w/ me

Could you let me know?...is it that hard to find out?

red slub chambray herringbone: View attachment 1205804

and this pic is on the actual Albini website. Id like info on the blue /coral and white stripe cloth( its below the blu and white stripe) thnx!!!!

We sent the images to Albini but they have not replied yet. We will let you know once we hear from them.

ExOfficio

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I jumped in on a denim shirt to be made much like the one blue loafers posted a while back. With fall around the corner, can't wait!

(from http://blueloafers.com/outfits/denim-shirt/)

@luxire How to order the washed denim shirt above? Is it just a regular denim shirt with fade wash as an additional service?

Are there different options for denim shirts? I am looking for a very light weight, thin shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads