• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire Can you source a cloth like this for pants? This is a swatch from Harrison’s but it is about 5 years old. I tried searching online using the swatch number in this photo but couldn’t find anything.

E76ED338-07E9-4278-BDFE-5C062D2CE302.jpeg

jdtjib

Reaction score
Yesterday I received confirmation from Luxire that a package has been shipped by FedEx.

Today I received an SMS from FedEx telling me to send proof of the item's value (PayPal invoice). This might be problematic, considering that Luxire usually specify a value of 10 USD per item and not what I actually paid. I sent Luxire an e-mail and will see what they answer, but do any of you have similar experiences?

Furthermore, this is the first time Luxire uses FedEx and not DHL for my orders. From searching in this thread, it seems like it is possible to choose. Can any of you confirm? If so I will definitely specify DHL on future orders.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best photos, but the first is a suit Luxire made for me in the linen-cotton canvas, and the second is an unstructured jacket they made in the heavyweight vintage linen.

04A8D109-96A0-43FE-AADF-5EEF06075207.jpeg

6C8BCF54-105F-4612-A8EF-3E1421A136A4.jpeg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Looks like the structured piece is a bit more successful in holding its shape?

Yes, although I am also pleased with the cut and fit of the unstructured piece. In the photos above the suit had been worn all day, whereas the jacket was fresh on from being rolled up in a bag

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Can you source a cloth like this for pants? This is a swatch from Harrison’s but it is about 5 years old. I tried searching online using the swatch number in this photo but couldn’t find anything.

View attachment 1201902

Sent an email to Harrisons to enquire. They have a few meters available.
You can send us an email and we can get this going for you.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent an email to Harrisons to enquire. They have a few meters available.
You can send us an email and we can get this going for you.

Perfect, email sent, thanks!

Vadim T

Reaction score
@luxire
you have a very tight standard knee-lining fabric in pants, this lining is good for fall or spring, but not for summer.
In the last order I requested a thinner and breathable lining, I was told that there are no other linings, only a standard tight fabric.
Can you buy another kind of fabric lining for pants from light summer fabrics?
In my trousers of other manufacturers, everywhere is thinner and not like your tight knee-lining fabric.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire
you have a very tight standard knee-lining fabric in pants, this lining is good for fall or spring, but not for summer.
In the last order I requested a thinner and breathable lining, I was told that there are no other linings, only a standard tight fabric.
Can you buy another kind of fabric lining for pants from light summer fabrics?
In my trousers of other manufacturers, everywhere is thinner and not like your tight knee-lining fabric.

Luxire has several lining options including bemberg, which generally is considered to be the best. Request bemberg with your next order.

Vadim T

Reaction score
Luxire has several lining options including bemberg, which generally is considered to be the best. Request bemberg with your next order.
Yes, I am aware of this option, but the page is uninformative, only the fabric names and color.
I was hoping that in the choice of lining I help professionals who will work on the order.

Here's what I wrote in the comments to the order
"Lining for knee use the thinnest and airy fabric"
Here's what I was told by customer service
"But we do use the standard white/black fabric for lining"
Nothing was said about the lining options.
My pants are not yet in production, you advise to choose bemberg for summer linen pants?

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am aware of this option, but the page is uninformative, only the fabric names and color.
I was hoping that in the choice of lining I help professionals who will work on the order.

My pants are not yet in production, you advise to choose bemberg for summer linen pants?

I have my linen pants unlined, but i would request bemberg if i wanted them lined.

Vadim T

Reaction score

@luxire please explain the difference between
PLAIN_REVERSE_BLACK_BEMBERG_04
and
PREMIUM_LINING_PLAIN_GREY_BEMBERG

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire, wondering if I have received an order in the wrong fabric? I ordered this wool rich to replace an older pair I have worn through, but it looks like a darker cloth.

Have the colours changed, or is this just the wrong fabric? Thanks!

Photos show my old pair next to my new pair.

IMG_20190708_091032.jpg

IMG_20190708_091041.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads