• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Xune

Reaction score
@luxire Got another question, sorry for bothering :) Website currently reports 4 colours of Brisbane Moss Cavalry Twill - others are simply just twills or canvases etc. Is it possible for you guys to source more variations of BM Cavalry Twill or only what's on website?

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
I recently received my first Luxire suit and I am very happy with it. I sent in a jacket for replication and used an existing pants pattern. I also paid the extra $100 for a trial fit of the jacket and I am very glad I did so, it allowed us to work out some kinks that would have made the jacket far less successful if not addressed. Luxire provided some suggested changes both through the trial fix process and then later while the jacket was being finalized and all of their suggestions were seemingly great.

I am soon to order another suit. Do I need to wait for a few wears of the suit I have before the next one made? If so, what should I be looking for and how many wears do you suggest?

weriker

Reaction score
Sounds good. What option did you go for (machine-made, half canvas, full canvas, handmade)? Do you have some pics?

I currently have a jacket being made (machine-made, full canvas), also with replication of an existing jacket as well as the trial at home option and am very curious about the outcome.

Especially if you have chosen full canvas, I'd wear it a couple of times (up to 10), so the jacket can "mould" to your body.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Got another question, sorry for bothering :) Website currently reports 4 colours of Brisbane Moss Cavalry Twill - others are simply just twills or canvases etc. Is it possible for you guys to source more variations of BM Cavalry Twill or only what's on website?
Everything Brisbane Moss offers is available. Their Cavalry twill is called Rye. Can be seen here.

You can also send us an email to enquire about other colors.

Wilson13

Reaction score
I recently received my first Luxire suit and I am very happy with it. I sent in a jacket for replication and used an existing pants pattern. I also paid the extra $100 for a trial fit of the jacket and I am very glad I did so, it allowed us to work out some kinks that would have made the jacket far less successful if not addressed. Luxire provided some suggested changes both through the trial fix process and then later while the jacket was being finalized and all of their suggestions were seemingly great.

I am soon to order another suit. Do I need to wait for a few wears of the suit I have before the next one made? If so, what should I be looking for and how many wears do you suggest?
Pics or it didn’t happen

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What navy polo/pique is the general recommendation?

aj805

Reaction score
Does anybody have an recomendation for a good all-year-around cotton fabric for trousers that is softer that isnt as stiff as chinos often are. Preferably dark to mid Grey.

I find the Brisbane Moss twills to be soft, noticeably more than other twills/chinos. They are great pants. I can't imagine cotton being much softer, particularly after a couple wears/washes, unless it is flannel or brushed.

Quesjac

Reaction score
How long are pants taking these days? Ordered mine almost a month ago, haven't heard anything yet
I usually budget about 8 weeks and often they take 6. I had an order sent in on 15 May, so maybe I'll hear soon and be able to let you know.
I ordered a couple pairs on May 25, no changes, so I’m assuming those should be ready within the next couple weeks.

I just got the magic email, so make that 7 weeks exactly, for 2 pairs of trousers.

General recommendation: linen/cotton canvas trousers are holding up magnificently. 11oz but wearable in all but the hottest of British weather. Rough finish makes them look at home with sneakers and a t shirt, high waist makes them work with a cotton or linen sport coat.

And possibly the best value canvas trouser I've seen: https://luxire.com/products/cotton-plain-brown-canvas-ob_2078#/

$80 for 10oz cotton canvas! What's it like? I'll let you know very soon...

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
I just got the magic email, so make that 7 weeks exactly, for 2 pairs of trousers.

General recommendation: linen/cotton canvas trousers are holding up magnificently. 11oz but wearable in all but the hottest of British weather. Rough finish makes them look at home with sneakers and a t shirt, high waist makes them work with a cotton or linen sport coat.

And possibly the best value canvas trouser I've seen: https://luxire.com/products/cotton-plain-brown-canvas-ob_2078#/

$80 for 10oz cotton canvas! What's it like? I'll let you know very soon...

Nice, interested to what you think of that 10oz canvas- do you know if they have other colors at that price point and weight?

Quesjac

Reaction score
Nice, interested to what you think of that 10oz canvas- do you know if they have other colors at that price point and weight?
I think that's the only one, but several cottons at a very competitive $99 and linen canvas is I think $120ish.

amiga505

Reaction score
@luxire I have been bragging recently in the respective thread about the fabrics I bought in light of an upcoming trip to Mumbai, with a view of having some garments stitched there. well, it seems that the trip is not happening, so I am exploring other options. hence, the question - do you do CMT? thank you!

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire I have been bragging recently in the respective thread about the fabrics I bought in light of an upcoming trip to Mumbai, with a view of having some garments stitched there. well, it seems that the trip is not happening, so I am exploring other options. hence, the question - do you do CMT? thank you!

CMT

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Sounds good. What option did you go for (machine-made, half canvas, full canvas, handmade)? Do you have some pics?

I ordered it eons ago. The delay in production was my own doing, but I am pretty sure I did machine half-canvas, going for the least expensive option for my first suit. I suspect I will try full canvas for future purchases.

I will try and remember some pictures next time I wear it.

VL22

Reaction score
I find the Brisbane Moss twills to be soft, noticeably more than other twills/chinos. They are great pants. I can't imagine cotton being much softer, particularly after a couple wears/washes, unless it is flannel or brushed.

Looks very nice, thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads