• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Megakurth

Reaction score
Yes, I only have sent shirts and result was impressive as many others have reported. Never sent slacks, but Simon Crompton did, looked pretty good, knowing how he nit pick stuff I guess results were good.

I am sad to see guys getting first trial pants so dreadful, despite Luxire promises they have improved pattern making.. wegies, diapers, pulling, bunching all over the place. And you know, nobody does 5 trial pants, everybody wants quickly go for at least VBC flannel. They are no 50usd.

I would have thought such initial results would be normal until I tried bespoke. How come so huge difference?

Fine, don't go bespoke. As someone suggested earlier, by classic pants in BB, get them to local tailor, send to Luxire. They confirmed results were great. But then again Luxire said no need, they improved their pattern making. Well, maybe some just get not so lucky.

I haven’t delved into what folks might define as “true bespoke”, but did have the opportunity to go through several iterations of pants after both trial fitting and in-person at the NYC trunk show. While there is always some room for improvement, I can say that each subsequent pair has gotten better and better. As folks have said, it’s a work in progress. Losing 20 lbs and going from Linen to Wool have also impacted my pattern.

FF2AEBA0-3354-4674-971B-D1FC42510F2C.jpeg

039A6AF8-B75E-4662-B056-52B0597019B0.jpeg

(ignore the bare feet)

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Accentuate your style in these Fossil brown soft twill chino trousers from Luxire.
Details.
Front pleats: Double pleat reverse
Front pockets: Slant pocket
Fly style: Button
Waistband: Side metal adjusters on the waist seam
Front closure: Standard extended front closure
Rear pocket: Two rear pockets with button

Attachments

• #34116_1.jpg
    #34116_1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 111

Vadim T

Reaction score
@luxire
Why is the word metallic in the name of this fabric?
https://luxire.com/products/mettalic-gold-cotton-canvas-linen-ps540001_31?variant=13858656550967#/
Is this fabric shiny or some other reason?

Another question, I see a gray color here, an emerald is written on the site.
https://luxire.com/products/emerald-green-cotton-canvas-linen-ps540094_31_0143#/

Does my poor knowledge of English interfere with me or do I not understand something?

Is this fabric gray or green?

Emerald is a green gem.

Драгоценный камень-284694-изумрудное сердце 2a60f.jpg

Last edited:

JIMB

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Got yet another shirt question - anyone having experience with blue university stripes oxford fabric? My main interest is whether it's rather soft fabric and how well it irons. I have several royal oxfords (not from Luxire though) and while they look nicely, I feel they're rather stiff. I'd compare it to stiff fabric that "creases" and soft that "ripples". I'm looking for the second one :D IMO an example of soft fabric is Brisbane Moss chambray.

Also, @luxire - is houndstooth linen and G&R cellular currently in stock or you ran out of those ones?

Thanks in advance for any insight :)

The university stripe starts a bit stiff, but in a reassuring way. This shirt will last a while. I wouldn't describe the hand as soft, but it does rumple more than wrinkle because of its thickness. I almost decided against ironing this morning (cold wash, no dryer) because the rumples were barely noticeable.

I have not tried the Moss fabrics, though they look lovely.

Been chasing the perfect fit for months and to no avail. I've given up on ProperCloth after some inconsistencies. Can I have some feedback for this fit from Luxire? I like how it fits arms down, but when I reach forward there is some armpit tightness. Thanks!

IMHO it is close. But...

First caveat: if you don't think you're close, consider getting something mtm or tailored and sending it in. I haven't seen great results started from a poor fitting pattern.

Second caveat: I have had good luck with feedback from luxire by mail. Wash and wear several times, then email luxire.

My own amateur opinion: I think the pull you're seeing on the right chest and much of the back is caused by a tight hem/seat. If you're going to tuck in the shirt it won't matter much, otherwise I'd let out the back hem by 3-5cm but keep the waist the same.

Similar to sport coats, I think a bigger chest can help give a stronger look. I would let out the chest a bit (2cm?) and see if you can fix the armpit pull by shrugging or dropping your shoulders. If so, you can change the shoulder slope a bit.

I don't think the midsection is bad, though you have to be honest with yourself when taking pictures. I think a bigger chest will actually help any issues with the midsection, though.

Xune

Reaction score
@JIMB Thanks a lot for your insight! I'll consider and check other fabrics, but this one is current winner I believe. Can't decide if I want shirt or popover as I'm happy with both types from Luxire, but I'm leaning towards classic OCBD shirt and maybe some linen or another linen/cotton for popover.
@luxire - would you be able to advise on availability of Houndstooth linen and G&R cellular?

JIMB

Reaction score
@Xune you won't be disappointed unless you're looking for something hyper-specific; it's solid.

ydilca

Reaction score
The university stripe starts a bit stiff, but in a reassuring way. This shirt will last a while. I wouldn't describe the hand as soft, but it does rumple more than wrinkle because of its thickness. I almost decided against ironing this morning (cold wash, no dryer) because the rumples were barely noticeable.

I have not tried the Moss fabrics, though they look lovely.

IMHO it is close. But...

First caveat: if you don't think you're close, consider getting something mtm or tailored and sending it in. I haven't seen great results started from a poor fitting pattern.

Second caveat: I have had good luck with feedback from luxire by mail. Wash and wear several times, then email luxire.

My own amateur opinion: I think the pull you're seeing on the right chest and much of the back is caused by a tight hem/seat. If you're going to tuck in the shirt it won't matter much, otherwise I'd let out the back hem by 3-5cm but keep the waist the same.

Similar to sport coats, I think a bigger chest can help give a stronger look. I would let out the chest a bit (2cm?) and see if you can fix the armpit pull by shrugging or dropping your shoulders. If so, you can change the shoulder slope a bit.

I don't think the midsection is bad, though you have to be honest with yourself when taking pictures. I think a bigger chest will actually help any issues with the midsection, though.

Thank for the response! I agree, it's super close, but there's something off with it. I'm growing frustrated on this search myself. I'll follow your suggestions and email Luxire for their advice after a few washes.. Also, I'm curious on how I can be more honest when I take my pictures? Is there a better way for me to take the pictures? Thanks again for your help

JIMB

Reaction score
Thank for the response! I agree, it's super close, but there's something off with it. I'm growing frustrated on this search myself. I'll follow your suggestions and email Luxire for their advice after a few washes.. Also, I'm curious on how I can be more honest when I take my pictures? Is there a better way for me to take the pictures? Thanks again for your help

I often will stand a little taller, suck in the gut, etc. when I know the camera is clicking. I have to remind myself to stand naturally when taking fit photos, or check fit after a big meal, when driving or biking, or when playing with the kids to make sure the fit "fits" into my real lifestyle.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@JIMB Thanks a lot for your insight! I'll consider and check other fabrics, but this one is current winner I believe. Can't decide if I want shirt or popover as I'm happy with both types from Luxire, but I'm leaning towards classic OCBD shirt and maybe some linen or another linen/cotton for popover.
@luxire - would you be able to advise on availability of Houndstooth linen and G&R cellular?
Best to send email to check fabric availability.

The houndstooth I believe is available at this moment.
G&R cellular is not available.

We are no longer working with G&R. We do have some stock in-house which will not be restocked.

Cellulare from Albini and Canclini are available though.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t delved into what folks might define as “true bespoke”, but did have the opportunity to go through several iterations of pants after both trial fitting and in-person at the NYC trunk show. While there is always some room for improvement, I can say that each subsequent pair has gotten better and better. As folks have said, it’s a work in progress. Losing 20 lbs and going from Linen to Wool have also impacted my pattern.

View attachment 1193230
View attachment 1193231
(ignore the bare feet)

overall ..those looks very well fitting....

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best to send email to check fabric availability.

The houndstooth I believe is available at this moment.
G&R cellular is not available.

We are no longer working with G&R. We do have some stock in-house which will not be restocked.

Cellulare from Albini and Canclini are available though.

no longer G and R?..

so, on all GR fabrics for shirts?

Last edited:

tizim

Reaction score
Bummer that G&R is going away. That's a lot of nice shirting fabric gone. Will you guys be bringing on new mills?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bummer that G&R is going away. That's a lot of nice shirting fabric gone. Will you guys be bringing on new mills?

There is almost nothing we offered in G&R that is not available in our other offerings from Alumo/Albini/Canclini

We will be adding other options in the near future.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gents - any recommendations for improvements on this Luxire shirt/trousers? I generally prefer a more slim/modern fit.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

My initial thoughts:

Shirt
- I'm generally quite happy with it, maybe just need to add 0.25" room in the bicep
- Recommendations for how to limit the wrinkling on the lower back as well as back of arms?

Trousers
- I think the front looks good, I'm considering slimming the thighs 0.25" and shortening the rise 0.25"
- Back is a bit messy, and I'm not sure how to decrease the wrinkling under the butt without add space to the seat and making it too baggy?

ydilca

Reaction score
Hello gents - any recommendations for improvements on this Luxire shirt/trousers? I generally prefer a more slim/modern fit.

View attachment 1196600 View attachment 1196601 View attachment 1196602

My initial thoughts:

Shirt
- I'm generally quite happy with it, maybe just need to add 0.25" room in the bicep
- Recommendations for how to limit the wrinkling on the lower back as well as back of arms?

Trousers
- I think the front looks good, I'm considering slimming the thighs 0.25" and shortening the rise 0.25"
- Back is a bit messy, and I'm not sure how to decrease the wrinkling under the butt without add space to the seat and making it too baggy?

I'm no expert. I suggest emailing luxire with these photos and they will add very specific adjustments. I did so and they were able to reply with suggested changes that I didn't know existed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads