• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
10 weeks? Yikes! I just ordered a pair of pants last week, with no changes to existing pattern as well.
I gave myself two full months with the hopes of receiving them before May 4th. Never had a pair of pants take longer than 5 weeks so we shall see what happens this time.

After the FIFO change, on an average, orders are currently going into production within 10 days of receiving order.
Many orders are being shipped within 2 weeks. Most within 4 weeks.

The cycle is getting shorter at a good pace.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the FIFO change, on an average, orders are currently going into production within 10 days of receiving order.

Good to know, thanks @luxire

Vadim T

Reaction score
I ordered a fit test trial shirt (my first shirt Luxire) exactly a month ago still in production.
Reading topic, pants to order I'm afraid, why would I want warm pants in the summer.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For a look that packs class and sophistication, wear this Soft Light Baby Blue Mini Ghingham shirt from Luxire. Crafted from premium cotton. Style this full sleeve shirt with black trousers and monk-strap shoes to complete your ensemble.

Details:

Collar: Spread Narrow Collar.

Cuff: Two-button Rounded Cuff.

Back Side Pleats.

Left Standard Pocket.

Standard Placket

Split Yoke

Boat Curve Bottom

Mop Buttons

#33241_1.jpg

thatisgross

Reaction score

Luxire,

I've actually been waiting 16 weeks and still going for 3 orders. Any idea if the FIFO applies to orders prior to its introduction?

Thanks.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire,

I've actually been waiting 16 weeks and still going for 3 orders. Any idea if the FIFO applies to orders prior to its introduction?

Thanks.

FIFO has been applied, in true earnest to all orders.

Almost all unfulfilled orders received till early March 2019 are in different stages of production.

Once the old orders are completed, we will be seeing only recent orders as unfulfilled.

If your order has seen significant delay, please send us an email.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not just the timeline, we are now actively looking at other reasons for customer dissatisfaction and working on ways to be more consistent.
Earlier, our focus was on getting the details of the order right. Now, we are going beyond, studying measurements in more detail, applying them to different body types, asking the customers more questions, requesting more images so that the satisfaction level is higher.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
Interesting experience with trousers. I first tried Luxire 2-3 years ago for two pairs and I was unhappy with the fit and the fabric colour (always difficult on the web). I also had a poor experience with one pair having a flaw that Luxire more or less refused to recognise.

Much more recently, I went for a pair of trial trousers (I'm interested in some of the fabrics they are offering now) and they came in about 2-3 weeks ago. Quite a nice fit (starting measurements from scratch) and I'll definitely be able to wear them occasionally. The fabric, appropriately, is not the best (they ARE trial trousers) but a nice job overall.

I've ordered several OCBD shirts in recent months and I've been quite happy with them.

johnross2007

Reaction score
I placed an order at the end of October that arrived near the end of February. Good to hear that Luxire is working on manufacturing time. I plan on placing an order for a couple of white shirts to be ready for my first fancy lawyer job.

My last order had a Grandi & Rubinelli White Dobby Twill 100/2. I was thoroughly impressed with the fabric. Twill can be so beautiful. I took pictures of me in my last Luxire shirt and asked Luxire their opinion on fit. They made the adjustments on this twill and it is hands-down the best-fitting shirt I’ve ever worn. I love Luxire — its hard to get well-fitting clothing for someone of my substantial weight. Luxire helps me overcome that “slob” stereotype.

edit: I never asked Luxire for updates because I’ve never been so busy in my life finishing law school and studying for the bar. Its understandable if my order well by the wayside because I didn’t keep an eye on it.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Designed for comfort and style, this Blue and White Slub Textured Tattersall Checks shirt will give you a sartorial edge. This design is delicately crafted from cotton. Mix & match with chinos or trousers to finish your look.

Details:

Collar: NOBD-1 Collar (Medium Fused)

Cuff: One-Button Mitered Cuff.

Back Darts

Boat Curve Bottom

A Clip Gusset

Mop Buttons

#32916_1.jpg

#32916_2.jpg

#32916_3.jpg

OzWino

Reaction score
Received my selvedge demon jeans the other day and wore them today. The fitnis great and quality so far exceeds my expectations! They are a bit stiff still, but that is expected. I’ll be breaking them in!

Which fabric did go for in the end? And have you noticed much shrinkage yet? (I realize that you just got them, but ...)

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which fabric did go for in the end? And have you noticed much shrinkage yet? (I realize that you just got them, but ...)
I got the regular selvedge in dark indigo. I asked for it preshrunk and have only washed once so far. I haven’t seen major shrinking, maybe .5 inch in the one wash at most, which mostly came back with wear.

ezev

Reaction score
I put an order in for 15 fabric swatches a month ago. Nice to see they are taking FIFO process seriously, even if it does impact my small order, they are committed to doing what they said they would.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a certain time or month of the year where customer volume is low? Thinking ahead, might be a good time to stock on items that aren’t immediately needed in the months ahead.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a certain time or month of the year where customer volume is low? Thinking ahead, might be a good time to stock on items that aren’t immediately needed in the months ahead.

Not seen any major swings through the year, except for the thanksgiving month.
The new process should eliminate the need for such planning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics