• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LuxireStudio Is the Loro Piana Birdseye pretty similar to the Dugdale one above?

Also, is that washed chambray shirt, the product of washing the indigo chambray shirt?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received 2 pairs of pants. Took ~ 10 weeks; no changes to existing pattern.

10 weeks? Yikes! I just ordered a pair of pants last week, with no changes to existing pattern as well.
I gave myself two full months with the hopes of receiving them before May 4th. Never had a pair of pants take longer than 5 weeks so we shall see what happens this time.

klp2332

Reaction score
This is a question that I've asked before on here and directly to Luxire. But I never got a clear answer.

I got my fit for pleat-less trousers pretty dialed down. What adjustments should one make to these trousers in order to account for single pleats and double pleats?

Increase Half Hip Measurement?
Increase Front Rise/Back Rise?
Increase Thigh Measurement?
Increase Knee Measurement?

In the past when I submitted the same measurements for pleated trousers as pleat-less trousers, they would be way too tight. Unfortunately, I do not even wear those now.

martingfx

Reaction score
This is a question that I've asked before on here and directly to Luxire. But I never got a clear answer.

I got my fit for pleat-less trousers pretty dialed down. What adjustments should one make to these trousers in order to account for single pleats and double pleats?

Increase Half Hip Measurement?
Increase Front Rise/Back Rise?
Increase Thigh Measurement?
Increase Knee Measurement?

In the past when I submitted the same measurements for pleated trousers as pleat-less trousers, they would be way too tight. Unfortunately, I do not even wear those now.
I’d just write a note saying ”adjust measurements for pleats” when placing the order. For me this has been a better approach than manually change the measurements.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed this last order when they had a discount on certain pants (stretchable), which probably explains the increased production time.

I guess I'll leave some comments on the fabrics. Both of the pants from my last order have some sort of stretch. Not sure I like the stretch but I really like the color of the green cord. The beige pair is OK, it has a sateen sheen to it which I hope goes away with wear. I'm probably going to give the cotton-canvas a try and order another pair of the cream twill chinos mentioned above.

https://luxire.com/products/green_15_wale_corduroy-lq_d_15_5066_1#/
https://luxire.com/products/beige_soft_stretchable-lux_abk_378_31#/

10 weeks? Yikes! I just ordered a pair of pants last week, with no changes to existing pattern as well.
I gave myself two full months with the hopes of receiving them before May 4th. Never had a pair of pants take longer than 5 weeks so we shall see what happens this time.

@patliean1 @soaped I budget 2 months too, it's usually about right. Just put in for a cotton/linen canvas trouser that people seemed to like last summer, plus some casual shirts and a replacement pair of chinos.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire Gurkha Pants constructed in Wool Herringbone Donegal Tweed. Perfect texture and comfortable fabric for winters. Can be paired with a shirt and jacket.

Details:

Front Double Pleat Forward

Front Slant Pocket

Fly Style Button

Gurkha Style Front Closure

Gurkha Waistband

Two Rear Pocket with Triangle flap

#30691_1.jpg

#30691_2.jpg

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Add a touch of sophistication to your corporate dressing with this textured Herringbone Light Corn Flower Blue shirt. This design is crafted from a Linen. Don it with a pair of dark grey trousers to complete your ensemble.

Details:

Collar: Broke and Bespoke Button Down Collar. ( No interlining)

Cuff: 2-Buttons Cuff.

Shirred Shoulder.

Pullover Shirt Placket.

No Pocket.

#32493_1.jpg

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Add an element of class to your corporate look in these Mid-Grey Twill Wool trousers from Luxire. Wear it with a white oxford shirt and brogues to finish your ensemble.

Details:

Front Slant Pockets.

Fly Style Buttons

Two Button Extra Long Square Front Closure.

No Split back

No Front Pleats.

Rear Right Pocket With Buttons.

#31803_1.jpg

#31803_2.jpg

#31803_3.jpg

jdtjib

Reaction score
Hello,

Do any of you have collar recommendations?

For spread collars, I have tried NOBD 2 (Presto sale) and the Italian. I like the Italian collar, but I think I would prefer a collar with a slightly longer collar point length and with a tad less spread, if that makes any sense.

For buttondown, I have tried the Broke and Bespoke and the Trad. I like them both for casual wear without a tie, but with a tie I find the spread to be too small. The collar point are quite far from the lapels, and I would like to try having a BD collar with the collar points quite close to them or even under. I could try the Kamakura, but I am not sure if the extra 1 cm spread is enough.

I know that I could just design the collars myself and have a go at it, but have any of designed collars similar to what I am describing? I would greatly appreciate suggestions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads