• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lined fused etc etc can be found online via searching...tonsa info

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had a pair of trousers w/o belt loops, and using a side adjuster instead.

What are some things I need to consider, if I've already got a reliable fit/pattern with Luxire? Do I just make the swap, or should I think about adding a pleat or making it higher rise or something?

Also, is there some kind of overview explaining what lined/unlined or fused/unfused collars are - and what the pros/cons may be? What is the luxire standard for this?

The biggest consideration is fit. I've been ordering my trousers without belt loops for years now, but I also have a frame (ie: hips and a rump) that allow side adjusters to sit very well on my waist.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
@luxire do you guys have any summer weight searsucker for shirting at the moment? Couldn’t find anything on the site.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire do you guys have any summer weight searsucker for shirting at the moment? Couldn’t find anything on the site.

Almost all seersucker on the website are summer weight. The Canclini ones are super light.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is back panel slope, and when is adjustment made to this?

monkk

Reaction score
Guys, we're you able to order casual chinos from Luxire? By casual I mean, no cuff, crease or pleats.
I have pretty descent pants and jeans pattern with Luxire. Wondering which one would make sense to copy?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of all luxire shirt fabrics I've purchased, I like the University Blue Oxford & Vista Blue Stripes the most.

Any personal recommendations for comparable fabrics to those?

Also, what's the best indicator is a fabric will wrinkle? Weight only? I have a couple shirts that are 126-128g/4oz and they seem to do okay. I'm looking at one that is 115g/4oz and think it might be too thin and will wrinkle easily?

Aloysius16

Reaction score
What is back panel slope, and when is adjustment made to this?
As I understand it, it is to adjust the slope at the back only. I request it because I have forward shoulders which often leaves a hollow area behind each shoulder. I don’t need more shoulder slope but I do need the back panel to be ‘lifted’ behind each shoulder to avoid creasing in this area. Imagine pinning up the back just below the yoke seam at each side.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Guys, we're you able to order casual chinos from Luxire? By casual I mean, no cuff, crease or pleats.
I have pretty descent pants and jeans pattern with Luxire. Wondering which one would make sense to copy?
Not being obtuse, but if you want them to be cut like jeans then use the jeans pattern, otherwise use the trouser pattern and ask for 'no cuff, crease or pleats', that sounds fine.

Also bear in mind that a jeans pattern probably demands heavier, coarser cloth to look right vs. Ambrosi style cotton trousers.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, it is to adjust the slope at the back only. I request it because I have forward shoulders which often leaves a hollow area behind each shoulder. I don’t need more shoulder slope but I do need the back panel to be ‘lifted’ behind each shoulder to avoid creasing in this area. Imagine pinning up the back just below the yoke seam at each side.

Not entirely sure I understand, but this my latest iteration from Luxire:

IMG_3815.jpg IMG_3816.jpg IMG_3817.PNG

Luxire recommended:

For pants:
Hip: Increase by 3/8”
Thigh: increase by 1/4"
Inseam: decrease by 5/8" at the crotch.
Back rise: increase at the crotch by 1/2"

For shirt:
Cuff: decrease by 1/4”
Bicep: decrease by 1/4"
Back panel slope: increase by 1/4”

I think I agree with the pant suggestions, scooping the bottom is probably the best way to ease some of the horizontal wrinkling under the butt. I feel like the length of the trousers at the back is maybe a touch short?

I’m not sure I agree with the shirt recommendations, the cuffs feel pretty good, not sure I want to take them in anymore. Bicep reduction may be a good idea.

I think I have a bit too much fabric around the waist, and I already added darts in this iteration, but I don’t want it to be too tight - I'm assuming this may be relieved by the Back Panel Slope?

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Not entirely sure I understand, but this my latest iteration from Luxire:

View attachment 1106945 View attachment 1106946 View attachment 1106947

Luxire recommended:

For pants:
Hip: Increase by 3/8”
Thigh: increase by 1/4"
Inseam: decrease by 5/8" at the crotch.
Back rise: increase at the crotch by 1/2"

For shirt:
Cuff: decrease by 1/4”
Bicep: decrease by 1/4"
Back panel slope: increase by 1/4”

I think I agree with the pant suggestions, scooping the bottom is probably the best way to ease some of the horizontal wrinkling under the butt. I feel like the length of the trousers at the back is maybe a touch short?

I’m not sure I agree with the shirt recommendations, the cuffs feel pretty good, not sure I want to take them in anymore. Bicep reduction may be a good idea.

I think I have a bit too much fabric around the waist, and I already added darts in this iteration, but I don’t want it to be too tight - I'm assuming this may be relieved by the Back Panel Slope?

Don’t take my word for it, but I think the small increase in back panel slope is intended to help remove the bit of excess fabric you can see bunching up at the back of each armhole.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Blue & White Striped Oxford Shirt

* Buttoned Down Collar
* One-Button Rounded Cuff
* Unfused
* Back Darts
* Standard Left Pocket
* No Right Pocket
* Standard Placket
* Split Yoke
* Boat Curved Bottom
* Patch Gusset
* White Mother of Pearl Buttons

#32275_1.jpg

#32275_2.jpg

#32275_3.jpg

monkk

Reaction score
To those who have ordered popover shirts based on a regular shirt pattern -
If I can put on/take off the regular shirt with the buttons done up (excluding top 3, of course), is there any need to change any measurements?

Secondly, does anyone have any experience with:
https://mtm.luxire.com/products/indigo-sartorial-denim?variant=7546378059831#/

I have two cotton pique in different weight and both have way too long sleeves. I'd say 1 inch too long. Rest is fine. Copied dress shirt.
This is not an advice!

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two cotton pique in different weight and both have way too long sleeves. I'd say 1 inch too long. Rest is fine. Copied dress shirt.
This is not an advice!
I have same issue. Made note to shorten sleeve by 1" next order. Also have had to have all button holes stitched smaller as buttons kept popping open

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads