• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Yeah they sent me this in response to concerns and pictures.

-Reduce front hip 1 cm
-increase back rise at crotch +1 cm
-scoop seat angle for a deeper curve
-reduce the back length at waist -1.5 cm

I'd leave the knee for now. The folds you are seeing under the seat, at the knees and front the front, the waves on the inside of your thigh are also symptoms of a back length that's too long. Any easy test to see the differences is to pull out a wedge of horizontal fabric at the seat level (near where the pocket buttons are) to effectively shorten the seat height. You will see a lot of these issues disappear.

Agree that this seems to be a common problem with Luxire’s pattern drafting. They seem to be able to fix it but instead of telling them how to remedy the problem, send them photos.

star656

Reaction score
Those of you with Minnis Fresco trousers or jackets, how do they hold up in terms of drape and snagging/pulling resistance? I understand they have strong abrasion resistance but can become a little 'fuzzy' at wear areas.

I want a summer light jacket but have had a mediocre experience with a hopsack from guabello that seems like it pulls very easily. Another hopsack I have from VBC seems to be a bit 'tighter' and hasn't had any of the issues. I have felt the minnis cloths and the lighter are very crisp and the heavier very dry an a bit more open perhaps, but I am assuming their resistance to pulling will be much improved compared to the guabello hopsack i have. Of course I am not playing with dogs and actively trying achieve snags...

I think I have decided on a Fresco lightweight 8/9 oz unlined/unstructured neopolitan type blazer for duplication and will follow with their extra heavy 3 ply if all goes well. I have ordered swatches of the VBC tropical to compare.

MMStewart

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a question about collar length and spread. About to order my first three shirts from Luxire and want to make sure I have this right before dropping them all in.

Two will be Luxire BD collars with 1.75 neck, 4.0 length, and 4.25 spread. The third will be the one-piece hidden button at 4.25 length.

Will these be sufficient? I included the pic as a reference - current collar is 3"x4" spread - and I would like to make the collars proportionate for myself and the jacket.

All help is appreciated.

As reference, I'm 6'3, 240lbs, 46/48 chest and 18" neck.
collarmeasure.jpg
collarmeasure2.jpg

Last edited:

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Yes, I HATE 3 inch collars for my size and jacket lapels/tie width preference! Go with the 4 inch ones or even slightly more like 4.25! On spreads it looks hella good with ties and jackets and the BD collars will have amazing collar roll! This is a friends with 4 inch bd collar points!
Hey guys, have a question about collar length and spread. About to order my first three shirts from Luxire and want to make sure I have this right before dropping them all in.

Two will be Luxire BD collars with 1.75 neck, 4.0 length, and 4.25 spread. The third will be the one-piece hidden button at 4.25 length.

Will these be sufficient? I included the pic as a reference - current collar is 3"x4" spread - and I would like to make the collars proportionate for myself and the jacket.

All help is appreciated.

As reference, I'm 6'3, 240lbs, 46/48 chest and 34 waist. View attachment 987672 View attachment 987673

Screenshot_20180210-235122.png

AmirF27

Reaction score
They can work to any specifications you want, but that washed, broken-in look you get with casual RTW shirts (especially the puckered seams) is the product of an industrial process that they won't be able to duplicate.
There's no way of getting a truly casual shirt from Luxire then?

AmirF27

Reaction score
I've used that option but the results are nowhere near what you get with RTW.
So how can you get a casual shirt from Luxire then? Is it possible to have a casual shirt that isn't garment washed? And were the results really not good? They've actually suggested this option to me...

ramses smuckles

Reaction score
So how can you get a casual shirt from Luxire then? Is it possible to have a casual shirt that isn't garment washed? And were the results really not good? They've actually suggested this option to me...
I'm sticking to dress and business casual shirts with Luxire. Someone else on the forum made the point that truly casual clothing looks off when made by a tailor or MTM operation, and I agree.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those of you with Minnis Fresco trousers or jackets, how do they hold up in terms of drape and snagging/pulling resistance? I understand they have strong abrasion resistance but can become a little 'fuzzy' at wear areas.

I want a summer light jacket but have had a mediocre experience with a hopsack from guabello that seems like it pulls very easily. Another hopsack I have from VBC seems to be a bit 'tighter' and hasn't had any of the issues. I have felt the minnis cloths and the lighter are very crisp and the heavier very dry an a bit more open perhaps, but I am assuming their resistance to pulling will be much improved compared to the guabello hopsack i have. Of course I am not playing with dogs and actively trying achieve snags...

I think I have decided on a Fresco lightweight 8/9 oz unlined/unstructured neopolitan type blazer for duplication and will follow with their extra heavy 3 ply if all goes well. I have ordered swatches of the VBC tropical to compare.

The 9-10oz. would be my recommendation. It is hearty enough to take a beating, and light enough to keep you cool. The only concern I would bring up is that it can be a bit scratchy, which I do not notice all that much, even with unlined trousers.

I do not have experience with any of the other cloth you mentioned.

DL-

AmirF27

Reaction score
I'm sticking to dress and business casual shirts with Luxire. Someone else on the forum made the point that truly casual clothing looks off when made by a tailor or MTM operation, and I agree.
Well the main reason I'm going MTM with casual is I'm really hard to fit OTR as I'm short and don't have the best proportions ever. Having shirts hemmed by a tailor would make the bottom button look off. Does casual clothing really look very off when made MTM? What are the alternatives?

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12 weeks to make 2 shirts: ordered March 13th, shipped June 6th. Washed chambray and white end on end. No changes were made after the order. Is this the new normal for Luxire?

CDRiis

Reaction score
Well the main reason I'm going MTM with casual is I'm really hard to fit OTR as I'm short and don't have the best proportions ever. Having shirts hemmed by a tailor would make the bottom button look off. Does casual clothing really look very off when made MTM? What are the alternatives?

Until two weeks ago all my shirts were MTM in some shape or form. I recently bought three short sleeved "resort" shirts - a linen and two madras. Ironically they're all same size, but fit is very different. I only wear them when I'm hanging out with the family during the weekends. The so-so fit annoys me.
If it's "looseness" you're after, add an inch or two here and there to get the desired effect.

The most casual shirts I wear day to day is an OCBD or a denim, so take it for what it is. If you want much more casual than that, there's still workshirts, popovers and what have you. But I'd take a MTM casual shirt over some random sack every day of the week.

If you've got a reasonably normal build, you might be able to find some good casual shirts on sales here and there, but for my 6"1, 220ish ex-powerlifter frame, OTR shirts are crap.

Last edited:

Bazsy

Reaction score
12 weeks to make 2 shirts: ordered March 13th, shipped June 6th. Washed chambray and white end on end. No changes were made after the order. Is this the new normal for Luxire?
It is rare but happens sometimes, mostly due to fabric availability.
If you need something by a given date you can always ask them if they can make it before you place the order. They have never let me down when I got something promised by a certain date. Just yesterday they have sent me an incomplete order just to make sure that I get everything in time even though they will most probably be able to ship that last item before the day they have promised.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads