• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he's referring to the line of fabric that kind of extends along the same lines and parallel to your pockets on the rear portion of the pants from the sideview.

bingo......thats it

I do understand how a cotton chino can not drape great.....and its becuase of this I dont see the need to get a MTM chino, unless you cannot find one otr. For me a good fitting chino otr does the trick. Now dress fabrics, I can never find, even hi end pants otr costing 300 usd and up. Dont get me wrong. your fit isnt horrible, I was just being honest as we are all picky here.....and I love that.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bingo......thats it

I do understand how a cotton chino can not drape great.....and its becuase of this I dont see the need to get a MTM chino, unless you cannot find one otr. For me a good fitting chino otr does the trick. Now dress fabrics, I can never find, even hi end pants otr costing 300 usd and up. Dont get me wrong. your fit isnt horrible, I was just being honest as we are all picky here.....and I love that.
To me, a creased and pleated cotton trouser is something very different than a chino. I’m actually considering ordering a normal chino based on this pattern with some slight tweaks - if I can find a nice fabric. I think that will be a much more forgiving cut.

No offense taken, I too love the nitpicking and going into details :thumbs-up:

Overall I’m happier with the butt situation on these obviously, but there’s still a bit of tweaking left to get a good fit.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree..........keep us posted w/ pics..

I still sit at home measuring pants every nite trying to get brave enough to order pants via Lux...lol..my shirt fit is nailed down.

bik2101

Reaction score
looking to get some casual pants made up..like the rivet chinos from epaulet.
asked luxire and they recommended me the twill fabrics from brisbane moss. while I was waiting for the swatches to come in I was looking through this thread and discovered the heavier (10-11 oz) brisbane moss canvas fabrics.. and I'm now wondering, at the same price point, is the heavier canvas fabric going to be better for the type of pants/look I'm going for?

KC79

Reaction score
From your experiences, what is the "best" white fabric for dress shirts? I've heard the lustrous fine white wrinkles easily. I was considering the white every-day shirt. Thanks in advance.

It does depend a little on what you want to use it for, but here are two that I've liked and one that I don't, with a short description. Keep it mind that I wear sport coats, not suits, and I don't do poplins, so your needs might be different.

White diagonal twill dobby - my 'go to'. Can be dressed up or dressed down. A little sheen, but not much to speak of. I've mostly made it up with a modified NOBD2, but would work as a button down if you wanted to go more casual. I can imagine someone complaining that it's neither dressy enough, or casual enough, but it's worked pretty well for me.

Warzone plus white oxford - good button down fabric, but I've had a second one made up with a semi-spread collar and it works well with a sports coat. Not super heavy by oxford standards, but certainly not lightweight either. Fabric is meant to get better (softer) over time. I had my first one for 5 years.

White summer everyday - luxire has rightly noted that transparency is a personal issue, but for my 2c, this is too transparent. This is very dependent on skin tone, body hair etc, but this one is a 'No' from me.

Good luck!

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree..........keep us posted w/ pics..

I still sit at home measuring pants every nite trying to get brave enough to order pants via Lux...lol..my shirt fit is nailed down.
Lol, just get a trial pair, ain't more expensive than a cheap par of chinos from any big retail chain.

Chrisone

Reaction score
Wouldn´t scooping the seat and a small increase in the rise from the bottom clean up the back in this case? It would in theory remove the horizontal lining and the wedgie.

So I've worn my latest cotton trousers in this fabric a few times now over the last week. Quite disappointed in the fabric itself, a lot lighter and flimsier than I had expected, creases very easily. Probablt too cold to wear in the local Swedish winter compared to previous cotton twill choices which are more sturdy and warmer yet 50-60 gr lighter. Anyways: The previously discussed butt wedgie is still somewhat noticable, however it should be noted that I gained some weight over Christmas (damn you ginger bread!) which affects the fit. As I'm getting back into shape I can tell the wedgie is disappearing accordingly.
Someone mentioned Luxire can do slanted cuffs, which I will for sure look into, given my sizable calves forcing the back of the trousers to stand up/out no matter the amount of extra fabric in leg.
For comparision, the green trousers showing a lot more wedgie have been washed at home once, the new ones have been altered based on those.
View attachment 921902 View attachment 921903 View attachment 921904 View attachment 921905 View attachment 921906

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn´t scooping the seat and a small increase in the rise from the bottom clean up the back in this case? It would in theory remove the horizontal lining and the wedgie.
It might yes, that's what they did but I guess not enough. Not easy based on only pictures.
Another issue I have, expecially with these ones, are that they keep hiking down pretty much constantly. I've been pondering whether I should try the elastic adjusters instead.

Quesjac

Reaction score
In my experience daks tops (elastic) don't solve a bad fit, they just make a good one more flexible. I would suggest improving the waist first and side adjusters second (they offer more tangible tightening).

It might yes, that's what they did but I guess not enough. Not easy based on only pictures.
Another issue I have, expecially with these ones, are that they keep hiking down pretty much constantly. I've been pondering whether I should try the elastic adjusters instead.

Last edited:

jacobftww

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a heavy and good draping linen pant cloth with an open weave?

Spandexter

Reaction score

I have daks adjusted on a couple of my MTM (non luxire) suits. Would not recommend because when you tighten them it places big creases down the back of the pants.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my Luxire trousers and MTM suits have dak adjusters. I absolutely love them and I haven't worn a dress belt in 3 years.

If you are having to tighten the adjusters to the extreme (hence the fabric bunching) then you probably need to decrease your waist measurements. Consult Luxire.

Spandexter

Reaction score
All my Luxire trousers and MTM suits have dak adjusters. I absolutely love them and I haven't worn a dress belt in 3 years.

If you are having to tighten the adjusters to the extreme (hence the fabric bunching) then you probably need to decrease your waist measurements. Consult Luxire.

Mine only have two buttons so you move from one to the other with no middle ground per se. What are yours like?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
182F3731-7590-453F-9242-0B8E10EB1969.jpeg

8B880061-B43E-4FF8-BCB0-043000F77CA9.jpeg

ED9C4B16-2E52-4F39-8884-B27E1702D4CB.jpeg

What recommendations do I need to account for in my next luxire order? Both shirt & pants?

This is my third iteration with pants and they never seem to be right. Upon every order I ask for increasing hips/thigh/calf by 0.25” but it doesn’t resolve much. These pants are after taking to a local tailor to let out waist and crotch a bit.

The shirt is pretty good, I don’t think this Italian collar works for me, but I always get messiness in the back, and there’s not much room in the waist, but the back of the shirt would suggest that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads