• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

iloveplaid

Reaction score
Do you have any dressier trousers of suit trousers that are more similar to what you aim for? I think that might be an easier base to work from rather than transferring this kind of trouser into a high rise pleated trouser, since those in general need to be a bit roomier throughout to keep a nice line and crease. I guess in theory you could always add some extra space throughout and have them taken in (and note+save those changes for future orders) but I think a more similar build to start with would be easier.
Thanks but I don't have more formal pants that fit better than these. They're all way too loose and aren't really anything near what I'm looking for.
@luxire it would be great if you could weigh in

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks but I don't have more formal pants that fit better than these. They're all way too loose and aren't really anything near what I'm looking for.
@luxire it would be great if you could weigh in

I would suggest that you measure these pants, measure your body and send these images. The master will use all three sets of data to arrive at your pattern.
I think it would work quite well.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that ordered suits from recent trunk shows and have received the basted garment, do you take pics and then mail back or are you suppposed to wait for the next visit?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the "handmade luxury shirt option?" I'm guessing it's just essentially everything made by hand?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the "handmade luxury shirt option?" I'm guessing it's just essentially everything made by hand?

I thought they discontinued that option long ago, no?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought they discontinued that option long ago, no?
I couldn't say one way or the other. I did notice it on the new sites shirting templates, but it would make sense if the option was removed, as that could be seen as a rather onerous barrier to entry.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black friday is typically the only sale per year - correct? Nothing for boxing day?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished another release of the site. Added filters for products. This will undergo some more changes next week. Do let us know if you like them or the changes you want.

Search results still do not have these filters but will be added soon.

https://luxire.com/collections/shirts

thank you!
some thoughts-
under material, pique is not a material but a weave

under pattern, needs to be a plain option. Also I think it is too much to have stripes and candy as separate options. Polo is not a pattern -- again would add a "Weave" category and list a pique weave (in addition to other weaves like oxford, twill, end-on-end, etc).

Under delivery time, does 1 week mean the fabric is in stock and 3 week mean that the fabric has to be ordered? If so I would say that instead of "1 week".

I am still not a fan of the preview photos varying in terms of showing finished shirts versus the fabric itself. I would personally prefer just one or the other (ideally the fabric itself) for the preview photo.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clicking for instance pants and then Loro Piana for me gives no results, it seems the auto generated search term “loropiana pants” is wrong, if you add a space to make it “loro piana pants” it works. Same when I try other options under pants, like Brisbane Moss.

Reaction score
thank you!
some thoughts-
under material, pique is not a material but a weave

under pattern, needs to be a plain option. Also I think it is too much to have stripes and candy as separate options. Polo is not a pattern -- again would add a "Weave" category and list a pique weave (in addition to other weaves like oxford, twill, end-on-end, etc).

Under delivery time, does 1 week mean the fabric is in stock and 3 week mean that the fabric has to be ordered? If so I would say that instead of "1 week".

I am still not a fan of the preview photos varying in terms of showing finished shirts versus the fabric itself. I would personally prefer just one or the other (ideally the fabric itself) for the preview photo.

I agree with all of the above.
Also: please standardize fabric weights (some are measured in gsm, others in oz) and add a "weight" filter. If someone has already mentioned this, consider this a "second."

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Working on data cleanup, including the tags. Should set right the issues raised above.

Added a "Wishlist" feature today.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have people begun to receive their Black Friday orders yet? Not a big deal... just used to Luxire churning out my orders in 7 days or less.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow......Ive never seen 7 days......usually 2 weeks......20 days....

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow......Ive never seen 7 days......usually 2 weeks......20 days....

Before BF I hadn't ordered anything from Luxire since May, so maybe they've slowed down a bit but I've had orders of trousers (multiple pairs) turn around in 7 days.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered on Nov-24th and received my order on Dec-6th.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads