• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Vadim T

Reaction score
@luxire three orders, all different lining. By what principle is the choice of fabric in the manufacture of pants?
White stripe fabric and black stripe fabric the most suitable for the lining but black is the best option for me.
I can influence the choice of lining when ordering?
2.jpeg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Yes you can. I request Bemberg lining all for my trousers in the notes section

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just recd a shirt about 10 days ago...

how can I offer a review on the fabric?

I recall the older site had reviews.

Last edited:

kugelblitz_

Reaction score
Just received my first order! Had trial pants made and am pretty pleased for a first attempt. My tastes are trendier than most here, and I didn't find much similar to what I wanted in prior posts, so I figure these results might be useful to a particular niche of users.

First, regarding service:
I'm about to go on vacation and asked whether these could be rushed at all so I could get them in time to test on my travels. NINE DAYS FROM ORDER TO DOOR IN NYC. They're not a special fabric and I didn't have any tricky requests - but still. Completely amazing. Thanks Lux

Photos of the pants straight out of the box:

TcMPtg9.jpg

vv6N7d9.jpg

Rqdq92p.jpg

This is what I was going for:

7NwHA88.jpg

Only special detail I requested was a 1.25" sewn cuff which isn't offered as a standard size. I also requested the fabric be hot washed and tumbled to reduce shrinkage, hopefully their shape doesn't change wildly in the wash. Still plan to wash cold and air dry.

Fit: I used garment measurements Frankenstein'd together from 5 different pants, including Unis Gios, Unis Fords, and some Black Lapel MTM trousers. These meet those numbers exactly. The main issues seem to be puckering at the crotch and a fairly pronounced wedgie.

Any ideas on how to improve fit? Obviously these are cut very slim, and I'm thinking playing with the back rise and making them .25-.5" looser everywhere may clean up the drape. I'm also slightly bow legged, so short of changing them to a relaxed cut, I don't know that they will ever hang perfectly straight.

Nice! What fabric is this?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall a much better experience than the previous 'new' website!

Some comments/questions on shirt ordering process:
(1) When there are only two photos, clicking on the second photo does not bring it up e.g. see https://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/light-blue-university-stripes-oxford
This is true on both Safari and Firefox on a Mac.
(2) "Collar Length" is usually termed "Neck Size" (at least in North America)
(3) Currently the workflow for ordering a shirt is confusing. Step 1: I can pick one of the preset 'styles' but I can't seem to customize anything here. Why not? If I want to customize then I have to do everything through custom notes (at least as far as I can tell). High potential for error if I forget to specify something like no chest pocket since there are no prompts. Then Step 2: if I click on "Customize Fit", I only see options for measure shirt/measure body/send us a sample shirt. If I want to use an existing pattern then I have to use a custom note, which seems non-intuitive. Would like a way to refer to an existing pattern for measurements as a fourth option. Even better, would like a way to save templates for faster ordering and reduce error.

In addition, I think it would be very helpful to have a FAQ page and/or some 'best practices' guides on the website. If someone wants to order a custom shirt, what would you recommend as the most efficient process to arrive at a well-fitting shirt? How should one take photographs to diagnose fit problems?

Fabric categories are odd.
For shirts you have a mix of attributes: color, pattern, weave, material, mill all in the same list. I think you need to rethink this.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Overall a much better experience than the previous 'new' website!

Some comments/questions on shirt ordering process:
(1) When there are only two photos, clicking on the second photo does not bring it up e.g. see https://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/light-blue-university-stripes-oxford
This is true on both Safari and Firefox on a Mac.
(2) "Collar Length" is usually termed "Neck Size" (at least in North America)
(3) Currently the workflow for ordering a shirt is confusing. Step 1: I can pick one of the preset 'styles' but I can't seem to customize anything here. Why not? If I want to customize then I have to do everything through custom notes (at least as far as I can tell). High potential for error if I forget to specify something like no chest pocket since there are no prompts. Then Step 2: if I click on "Customize Fit", I only see options for measure shirt/measure body/send us a sample shirt. If I want to use an existing pattern then I have to use a custom note, which seems non-intuitive. Would like a way to refer to an existing pattern for measurements as a fourth option. Even better, would like a way to save templates for faster ordering and reduce error.

In addition, I think it would be very helpful to have a FAQ page and/or some 'best practices' guides on the website. If someone wants to order a custom shirt, what would you recommend as the most efficient process to arrive at a well-fitting shirt? How should one take photographs to diagnose fit problems?

Fabric categories are odd.
For shirts you have a mix of attributes: color, pattern, weave, material, mill all in the same list. I think you need to rethink this.

Thank you very much. Very good an important points you have raised.

1. Added to the bug list. Will have it closed in 1-2 days.
2. Will get that changed. Will also do a review of the terminologies and text on the site.
3. Creating style and Saving style, measurement profiles are in development. Hoping to have it live before Christmas.
4. Working on a "Customer service FAQ" page and also on a "Getting Started Guide". FAQ should be available in a week. The guide will also assist new customers in ordering. The guide still need some designing so make take a bit longer.
5. The collection drop-down will be replaced with a more intuitive menu and the color, mill options will come in a screen like the attached. This may go live as early as today. Some issues remaining.

Desktop - Collection page copy.png

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pics.......Lux nailed this shirt.

BTW.....I feel this collar is maybe the BEST roll I own.......hands down....and no, Im not sharing my order no.......lol

I was kidding about sharing my order no,....of course Id share....a few have asked. Its being called the Faco collar, order no 24693

View attachment 881761

View attachment 881762
Love the cuff! And the roll for that matter :)

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on creating measurement and style profiles.
In the interim, you can view your measurement details and notes for each order when you login to your account.

Else, you can also just send us an email.
That sounds very promising. Hoping also we could have more than one profile for trousers for instance, as plain chinos would have different measurements than tailored trousers etc.

mortgagebank

Reaction score
The reviews are back and are the same as the last time. May be, we will have to try and change the questions so that the reviews are better focused. We prefer not to moderate the reviews.
Thanks.

While not website related, I wish there was a way to match up my previously ordered shirts to a specific fabric. I have about a dozen blue pencil stripe shirts and I haven’t a clue which shirt corresponds to the fabric on the website. I like certain of these fabrics more than others and have reordered the wrong fabric a number of times.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Great to see the reviews back, and the new features rolling in. I suspect you did the switchover mostly in CSS and the machinery is still the same underneath? In any case, it's looking more and more appealing, and I'm sure new customers will appreciate the slightly less intimidating process.

Thanks.

While not website related, I wish there was a way to match up my previously ordered shirts to a specific fabric. I have about a dozen blue pencil stripe shirts and I haven’t a clue which shirt corresponds to the fabric on the website. I like certain of these fabrics more than others and have reordered the wrong fabric a number of times.

If you have kept your emails, there will be fabric details in each order confirmation. Or are you thinking more of a label on the shirt?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That sounds very promising. Hoping also we could have more than one profile for trousers for instance, as plain chinos would have different measurements than tailored trousers etc.

Yes, any number of profiles will be allowed, for both measurements and styles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads