• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Bazsy

Reaction score
I've also thought about this.
And how come when I buy something OTR from VBC for eg. they have the mills name sewn on the inside but Luxire never adds the mills name so you might actually forget what fabric you got unless you keep track of it yourself. Would be nice to have a sewn on mill label. Can this be requested when ordering perhaps?

Thanks, sounds reasonable.
They usually add the mills name on jackets and can certainly do it if you put it in the order notes. I think they get a fix amount with every roll of garment which might not be enough to put on every garment. I don't see this as an issue but as I said they most probably do this for you if you order it that way.

BLSF

Reaction score
Can I ask the benefits/drawbacks of having one adjuster on the rear of a waistband, instead of two on the side?

I ask because I think one the back looks better than the side adjuster, however the side adjusters are much more common.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Luxire waiting for all 10 orders to be placed before beginning production?
I am guessing that they don't have the fabric on hand and have to order it, thus the answer is likely yes.

GoIrish

Reaction score
I am guessing that they don't have the fabric on hand and have to order it, thus the answer is likely yes.
That would make sense. I guess I assumed incorrectly that the orders were being processed immediately as my card was charged upon ordering, not that I'm concerned about that. It would be nice however, and courteous, if those that committed wouldn't hesitate any longer.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would make sense. I guess I assumed incorrectly that the orders were being processed immediately as my card was charged upon ordering, not that I'm concerned about that. It would be nice however, and courteous, if those that committed wouldn't hesitate any longer.

In my last crowd sourcing experience with Luxire for Minnis flannel, the cloth was ordered once the minimum was reached. I believe we are up to 7 at this point, and I for one am not worried. If we get to 9 and it stalls, I will order another pair to get it launched.

I think we should give it another week. Not sure about others, but my schedule in the summer is pretty chaotic. Get on it fellas!

Best,

DL-

hmlarsson

Reaction score
Is Luxire waiting for all 10 orders to be placed before beginning production?

In my last crowd sourcing experience with Luxire for Minnis flannel, the cloth was ordered once the minimum was reached. I believe we are up to 7 at this point, and I for one am not worried. If we get to 9 and it stalls, I will order another pair to get it launched.

I think we should give it another week. Not sure about others, but my schedule in the summer is pretty chaotic. Get on it fellas!

Best,

DL-
It will be at least 11 orders since i made my order (without signing up) last week.:)

muddy250

Reaction score
First pair of trial pants came today, very impressed. Great job by Luxire, all that needs doing to the next pair is a 1/4" extra in the calf and 1/2" off length for a perfect fit. Amazing.

IMG_4811.JPG
IMG_4810.JPG

Last edited:

Nemesis_4

Reaction score

Best,

DL-

Was dragging my feet, order has been placed @DavidLane :slayer:

Nemesis_4

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads