• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 The shoulders on this jacket look very rigid, was that by request? I'm interested to see some natural
shoulder examples.

Watching the pictures as Luxire refines its jacket making skills, I've seen huge strides in their jackets, the lapel roll, etc. I have still yet to see, however, a real natural shoulder. All the pictures have that same roped shoulder as the picture above. When Luxire masters a natural shoulder, this new MTM service will explode.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Royal oxford is what you want @DonRaphael

Some say it isn't as formal as twill, but I think that's nonsense. It's a very fine fabric with a great weave that gives it a visual interest and a touch of formality due to the sheen. It's the first shirting fabric I thought of immediately after I read your description.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some say it isn't as formal as twill, but I think that's nonsense. It's a very fine fabric with a great weave that gives it a visual interest and a touch of formality due to the sheen. It's the first shirting fabric I thought of immediately after I read your description.
I've NEVER at all understood the idea that Royal Ox lacks formality...to me, it's the most formal fabric out there, outside of exclusively formal weaves. The texture is (to me at least) reminiscent of a pique bib on a tuxedo shirt...it's probably my favorite 4 season shirt.

Cityplace

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Royal Oxfords as well - soft, breathable, relatively wrinkle proof and a nice texture as mentioned.

dapwalk

Reaction score

+1 The shoulders on this jacket look very rigid, was that by request? I'm interested to see some natural
shoulder examples.

Luxire sportcoat

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DonRaphael
One trick with the Luxire website is that you can often figure out the mill's name for the fabric from the URL. For example from http://luxire.com/products/albini-plain-fine-white-albini_np_st_james_fl34766_1_310 you can tell that it's the St. James, which leads you to http://www.albinigroup.com/en/brands/thomas-mason/product-families/st-james

In general with white fabrics you're going to have to compromise between opacity and wearing cool. Which is more important to you? A poplin like the St James will, compared to other weaves, will generally wear cooler but be more transparent and more prone to wrinkling. Twill and royal oxford can be good choices but be aware that some of these fabrics may have a slight sheen to them, which IMO can be a good thing for a formal shirt but isn't everyone's cup of tea.

That's a great suggestion, thank you.The most important to me is the transparency issue, I do not, under any circumstances, want the fabric to be transparent. When you say sheen regarding royal oxford, is it obvious or is it subtle? The sheen is the reason I'm staying away from sharkskin fabrics for example (or maybe I've just seen bad examples of sharkskin in the past).

Royal oxford, not oxford. I'm not suggesting this particular fabric, but something along these lines: http://luxire.com/products/lelan-cotton-royal-white-oxford-ss_rz_5396

I honestly didn't have a clue it was two different fabrics, just thought 'royal' implied it was a fancier kind of oxford. I'll have a look at Luxire's royal oxford supply. Thank you very much for your input.

Well, you're the third or fourth suggesting royal oxford, so I guess that's what I'll be ordering. Just have to find a fabric on Luxire's website that has as little sheen to it as possible. Thank you for your help.

I've NEVER at all understood the idea that Royal Ox lacks formality...to me, it's the most formal fabric out there, outside of exclusively formal weaves. The texture is (to me at least) reminiscent of a pique bib on a tuxedo shirt...it's probably my favorite 4 season shirt.

Thank you for your input. As I've said above, I'll take a look at the fabrics Luxire offers along those lines.

I'm a big fan of Royal Oxfords as well - soft, breathable, relatively wrinkle proof and a nice texture as mentioned.

Looks like you guys are all suggesting it. Thank you for your help!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've checked the Luxire website, and these are the two white Royal Oxford fabrics that they're offering (one was suggested earlier):
1. http://luxire.com/products/lelan-cotton-royal-white-oxford-ss_rz_5396
2. http://luxire.com/products/grandi_sky_roy_b_14937_00031_fine_white_royal_oxford_200-2

Is the second shirt worth paying approximately $100 more for?

EDIT: I ordered the G&R fabric. Thank you for your help, gentlemen. I really appreciate it as the shirt is for my wedding. I'm very confident it'll look great.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luxire sportcoat

This looks pretty good, but it's hard to get an idea of the overall shape with a closeup shot like that. Do you have a full shot of the jacket? Is this your jacket?

iDrone

Reaction score
Just received my custom blazer style shirt jacket from @luxire I wanted something like don johnson's lightweight versace blazer in miami vice,

mines a little plainer and greener but overall I'm happy with the results, thanks guys!

Quesjac

Reaction score

Just received my custom blazer style shirt jacket from @luxire
 I wanted something like don johnson's lightweight versace blazer in miami vice,

mines a little plainer and greener but overall I'm happy with the results, thanks guys!

Looks great. How did you decide on the measurements? From a similar garment, or did you build out from a shirt pattern (or a jacket)?

dapwalk

Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing what "soft" actually means, but that shoulder doesn't seem to be terribly built up/structured. I like the look of it for sure.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoot, my pants pattern is finally perfect. Going to be bad for the ol' wallet. Shirts just about there, too.

Also, major props for making white canvas jeans using just the measurements from Left Field's website (what I requested). Just perfect translation.

That jacket looks good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads