• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JIMB

Reaction score
First purchases from Luxire, any feedback will be appreciated.

Are the pants Luxire, too? Those look pretty good. Hard to tell break size without shoes, I recommend wearing them next time. Seat looks OK, but I'd ask luxire how to play with rise to remove some of the creases. Those are problematic in cotton in general, though.

For the shirt, I'd suggest much more room in the waist, probably mostly added to the back. Try to get rid of all the pulling you see. The *upper* back however, looks slightly too full, I'd probably take some of that in. I'd also suggest slightly longer sleeves, unbuttoned I try to let my sleeves hit the webbing in my thumb and index finger.

I never thought I'd say this, but the collar looks a little big to me, probably just my preference, though.

As always, wash 3+ times before making any adjustments.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire Friday green graph checks shirt constructed with NOBD I, lined, fused collar.
Navy black gingham flannel shirt consists of NOBD II, unlined & unfused collar.

p.henrik

Reaction score

Luxire dress shirt constructed in Vista Blue Dress Stripes
Consists of custom spread collar and single button cuffs.
Collar looks great, so while we're at it can I ask for collar details/ order number too? Would also be great if the lucky owner would post a picture wearing it too. Agree with poster above the Roma is just a bit too big for me. Thanks!

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire Washed Steel Blue Twill Chino Pants.
Details: Double reverse front pleats
Front pocket on seam
Jeans style button front closure with zip fly.
Hollywood style waistband with dropped belt loops.

Cuebert

Reaction score
Guys,

In preparation to my next Order I would like to refer to my latest one.

Is the invoice number equivalent to the Order # people are always referring to?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
http://luxire.com/collections/polos

I am very happy with the Linen Cotton fabrics though at their current price point they are quite expensive, though definitely worth it. I was lucky enough to have ordered them at 20% off during the Linen Sale
http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...icial-affiliate-thread/18300_100#post_7978183
http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...icial-affiliate-thread/18500_100#post_7998155

I have also tried some of the regular cotton fabrics as well (white, grey and navy pique) of which I liked the grey the most. From my experience the fabrics are very true to how they are depicted on their site. The Marsala coloured one is heading my way soon, hopefully. Overall I'd rate the cheaper fabrics a very good choice, though only if you require a bespoke product. I own several OTR polo shirts by Paul & Shark, van Laack etc. at a similar price point, which were made in little more luxurious fabrics, though they don't fit me nearly as well. Haven't been going back to OTR polos since the purchase of my first Luxire polo over a year ago.

The linen cotton shirts are easily my favourite wearable of the summer. I'm very happy with the fit and the breathability of the fabric. Would love to see a white navy stripe version of this fabric similar to this http://www.kentwang.com/polos/rugby-white-stripe-navy.html

Essentially if you are looking for a high quality polo shirt that not only meets but exceeds all expectations when compared to Lacoste, go with the Linen Cotton blends.

Last edited:

aidanc

Reaction score
Luxire (or anyone else!), any chance you have more pictures of that navy blue polo with the single button closure posted a few pages back? Laying flat the collar looks really good, I am just wondering if there are any pictures of someone wearing the same design of collar for reference.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does Luxire have good polo fabrics? I don't mean the cheap ones but really good mesh polo fabrics (similar in quality to Lacoste fabrics).

By design, we do not have anything that would fall in the "cheap" category. Even after quality checks, If something is not good gets sold and the feedback is not good enough, we stop offering it.

Adding a few more very good knitted fabrics in pique and jersey this week. The quality on some is much better than the brands you mention.

http://luxire.com/collections/polos

I am very happy with the Linen Cotton fabrics though at their current price point they are quite expensive, though definitely worth it. I was lucky enough to have ordered them at 20% off during the Linen Sale
http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...icial-affiliate-thread/18300_100#post_7978183
http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...icial-affiliate-thread/18500_100#post_7998155

I have also tried some of the regular cotton fabrics as well (white, grey and navy pique) of which I liked the grey the most. From my experience the fabrics are very true to how they are depicted on their site. The Marsala coloured one is heading my way soon, hopefully. Overall I'd rate the cheaper fabrics a very good choice, though only if you require a bespoke product. I own several OTR polo shirts by Paul & Shark, van Laack etc. at a similar price point, which were made in little more luxurious fabrics, though they don't fit me nearly as well. Haven't been going back to OTR polos since the purchase of my first Luxire polo over a year ago.

The linen cotton shirts are easily my favourite wearable of the summer. I'm very happy with the fit and the breathability of the fabric. Would love to see a white navy stripe version of this fabric similar to this http://www.kentwang.com/polos/rugby-white-stripe-navy.html

Essentially if you are looking for a high quality polo shirt that not only meets but exceeds all expectations when compared to Lacoste, go with the Linen Cotton blends.

Thank you for the feedback.

A white navy stripes fabric will be seen here early next week.

Luxire (or anyone else!), any chance you have more pictures of that navy blue polo with the single button closure posted a few pages back? Laying flat the collar looks really good, I am just wondering if there are any pictures of someone wearing the same design of collar for reference.

Can you please link to the shirt image? Will check if there are more images.

DBiddles

Reaction score
I'm very interested in getting some shirts and trousers made and thus any advice/improvements on some example fits would be very much appreciated. I took some measurements, do point out if they sound very off, keep in mind I'm a very slim guy.

Probably my best shirt fit.

Biceps / Sleeve Width: 7.5”
Rounded Armhole: 9"
Bottom: 18.5"
Chest: 18.25”
Waist: 17.25"
Yoke: 16.5"
Sleeve: 32.5"
Shirt Length: 29.25"
Cuff: 8”
Neck: 14.5"

Perhaps too slim in the body.

Biceps / Sleeve Width: 7.75”
Rounded Armhole: 9"
Bottom: 17.25”
Chest: 17.25”
Waist: 16.75”
Yoke: 16.5”
Sleeve: 33.25”
Shirt Length: 29.25”
Cuff: 8"
Neck: 14.5”

Probably a good trouser slimness although I'd prefer a higher rise and a smaller seat.

Waist: 15"
Half Hips: 19.25"
Hip Front Only: 17.75”
Front Rise: 12"
Back Rise: 13.25”
Thighs: 8.5”
Knee: 7.5"
Ankle Opening: 6.25”
Inseam: 28.75” with cuff
Pant Length: 39.75” with cuff

A skinnier option which I don't think I'll translate to m2m

Waist: 14”
Half Hips: 17.75”
Hip Front Only: 17”
Front Rise: 11.75”
Back Rise: 13”
Thighs: 8.5”
Knee: 7"
Ankle Opening: 6"
Inseam: 28.75” with cuff
Pant Length: 40” with cuff

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
By design, we do not have anything that would fall in the "cheap" category. Even after quality checks, If something is not good gets sold and the feedback is not good enough, we stop offering it.

Adding a few more very good knitted fabrics in pique and jersey this week. The quality on some is much better than the brands you mention.

The fabrics used by Lacoste are of rather good quality. And while I do appreciate the confidence demonstrated by your answer, I will disagree to that, simply by the fact that two shirts that I had ordered from you, including a 140/2, were truly disappointing in terms of fabric quality. The same went for a navy cotton used for trousers that proved shiny and absolutely not tasteful.

So I hope you will excuse my asking about quality fabrics but this is actually based on my experience, with you.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you like about the Lacoste polo fabric that makes you feel they are of good quality?

I ask because, while I have not bought one, I was not impressed when I examined then in person...

Pendulum

Reaction score
^ I would agree with the above, nothing exceptional at all about Lacoste polos.

evpj2L

Reaction score
@luxire - are you still pursuing the possibility of making sweaters in the foreseeable future? I know it's still summer, but looking ahead to the colder months, I'm sure many of us would be all over that. I recall a post mentioning that sweaters require special machinery...

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire - are you still pursuing the possibility of making sweaters in the foreseeable future? I know it's still summer, but looking ahead to the colder months, I'm sure many of us would be all over that. I recall a post mentioning that sweaters require special machinery...

Cosign.

Sweaters are probably the only piece of clothing left that I am forced to go to the mall for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads