• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for some shirts back on June 5th and the arrived on Tuesday. The shirts are great except they messed up one of the fabrics.

From L to R:
Sky Blue Summer Chambray
Indigo Denim Wabash Polka Dots (but where are the polka dots? :cloud: )
Navy Yellow Red Madras

The measurements on all three are spot on and the fabrics are great. Now I just need to decided if I want to go through the hassle of sending the indigo denim back in order to get it with the correct fabric.

On an unrelated note - I really enjoyed tracking the shipping of these shirts. They traveled halfway around the world in less than 36 hours. Had it not been over a weekend, I have a feeling it would have been considerably less time.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the Order-Two-Linen-Shirts-on-Father's-Day-and-Get-a-Nice-Discount-Code again?

xizenta

Reaction score
Guys stop asking for sales on linen stuff. Honestly I have more than I need or want. They are a pain ********** to press after washing. Bring on the oxford, end-on-end, and chambray shirting sale :slayer:.

Last edited:

prozach1576

Reaction score

Guys stop asking for sales on linen stuff. Honestly I have more than I need or want. They are a pain ********** to press after washing. Bring on the oxford, end-on-end, and chambray shirting sale :slayer:.

agreed

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can never have too much linen...my closet is stocked with linen and linen-cotton shirts and pants from Luxire, and there's always room for more!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jc9289

Reaction score

Hmm. either my eyes are broken, or they updated their site since I asked. Haha regardless, thanks.

Do you prefer BD collars or regular for the linen-cotton? I was thinking the NOBD I may be good for this kind of shirt because it's unfused/lightly lined, but I'm not gonna be wearing a tie very often (or ever) with this shirt, so I'm not sure if that's the best collar for the sans-tie look.

southern-swede

Reaction score

Hi All,

Since this is my first post on SF, I thought I'd introduce myself by sharing my origin story. Maybe it sounds familiar.

About 8 months ago, I didn't know anything about classic menswear but I did have an irrational hatred of square toed shoes. I was looking for a new pair of shoes for work and, having failed at the mall, I took to the internet to find what I needed.

Fast forward 8 months....

Now I check my email 42 times per day hoping to see my latest shipping confirmation from Luxire, and I'm also completely obsessed with fabric.

I follow this thread pretty damn obsessively too. I really enjoy seeing the results of all of your orders.

We are in the same boat. Im at a midsummer party here in Sweden but I can't stop thinking about what Im going to order next from Luxire, had to check out this thread whats new. Wearing my pale pink dress shirt and vbc pants from my last order.
Is there any rehab centers for luxire addiction? :D

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm. either my eyes are broken, or they updated their site since I asked. Haha regardless, thanks.

Do you prefer BD collars or regular for the linen-cotton? I was thinking the NOBD I may be good for this kind of shirt because it's unfused/lightly lined, but I'm not gonna be wearing a tie very often (or ever) with this shirt, so I'm not sure if that's the best collar for the sans-tie look.

So far all of my shirts - except for the ones I wear with suits - are unfused/unlined BD collars, so that's what I did with th cool white linen cotton as well. That's just my personal preference, I'm sure the NOBD I would work as well.

tautology

Reaction score
Hi,

Have been ordering shirts from luxire for a while. Mostly excellent work, with a few hiccups in communication but their customer service always pulls it off in the end.

Two questions for the more experienced

1. Someone mentioned they have Thomas mason fabrics. Is there a linen cotton option from them? I am interested in the 70 linen/30 cotton fabric from Thomas mason.
2. I am about to pull the trigger on the indigo blue/grey linen pants. These would be my first pants. I noticed many people had issues especially the excess fabric in the butt and inner thighs. If I take specific pants measurements rather than body measurements should I expect issues? Is it still better to do a test pair?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: test pants versus regular pants, if you measure carefully a couple of times pants that fit you well (making minor corrections you think may be needed; be conservative in your corrections), I would not worry about it. My view is that I would rather have a slightly less than perfect but still wearable first pair of pants in a fabric I want than get test pants that might not get worn. Just pay careful attention and measure carefully. If you have a couple pairs of pants that both fit well, measuring them both and averaging can work. I recently did that after losing some weight and got my best fitting pair of pants from Luxire yet.

My advice re: test pants might be different if you were ordering some $250-$350 fabric (i.e. Minnis flannel). For a basic pair of linen pants, however, I think careful measurement should get you something you like wearing.

evilmerino

Reaction score
I checked the current Luxire Collar google document and couldn't find it,
But has anyone re-created the Fray Napoli spread collar?

Beautiful curve and nice long collar points.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads