• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, i've emailed back and forth with them in the past few days

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
I searched the thread for "NOBD II tie" and found two posts, one asking for a picture of it w/o and one with tie.

In the post with tie, I think it was answered but the picture probably of the II with tie doesn't show.

Anyone got a picture of the NOBD II with tie that they could share with us, or point me in the right direction?

And Luxire - will you get any black watch fabrics? I think it would make a nice casual shirt beside all the sky blue oxfords of mine...

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a "suggestions box" somewhere for fabrics we'd like Luxire to consider having in future? Maybe this thread will do.

- a dark-red/burgundy small-scale or graph check on white background. The check itself not being too thin. Something like 11790 35 from Thomas Mason Silverline, if the fabric code is still right (my shirt made from it is now old, so codes may have changed)
- a dark-red/burgundy bengal stripe. There's what appears to be a somewhat narrower and brighter red stripe on the site, and an oxford cloth too, but I'm after something slightly darker & wider like Silverline 33333 39.
- a pale grey small scale check or, preferably, a pale grey candy stripe. A pale grey wider-spaced stripe might also pique my interest, like 33332 44 from Silverline (at least, that's what the code used to be).
- a solid cream i.e. not white, not ecru, not lemon yellow, but something more like a pale but warm yellow, or very pale peach. This is seriously hard to find, and I don't know why; it's really versatile. The only shirt I've ever had that was the right colour was Ringhart 1638/60/985 (again might be an out-of-date code), but the fabric itself wasn't fantastic.
- more tattersals: but in cotton (or brushed cotton, or viyella or similar), and with a regular check, not the kinds of varying widths seen on the flannels currently on the site but in those autumnal colours. This sort of pattern, in these sorts of colours.
- a blue end-on-end in cotton, with some surface interest, but in more of a sky blue rather than the darker Tufts Blue currently on site.
- a pink candy stripe (not oxford cloth)
- a good simple white shirting like that found in Alumo Superior or TM Silverline.

Most of the above, with the exception of the tattersals, can be found in TM Silverline, BTW, in case any comes Luxire's way...
wink.gif

And if I've overlooked any of the above already on the site, please point them out to me!

Last edited:

Simplicio

Reaction score
^^These are good suggestions, and I agree that a solid cream shirt (BD) is both very wearable and hard to find. Theresa told me a few weeks ago that they plan to add a few higher quality light blue end-on-end fabrics. But I am not sure that this has happened. Once I get my fit sorted I plan to order a number of basic light blue dress shirts. But I'd like to find the right fabric first. It is a little odd that they don't seem to have something already, since this is the most basic.

It is heartening to hear that some people are getting their orders. I have resigned myself to a long-ish wait for mine. A bit frustrating, as I may need to go back and forth a bit before the fit is just right.

aglose

Reaction score
Does anyone have a swatch of the Navy wool flannel? The picture on the website appears to be a black square. I'm thinking Luxire hasn't had a chance to upload a photo of the swatch.

Xtra

Reaction score
Is there a "suggestions box" somewhere for fabrics we'd like Luxire to consider having in future? Maybe this thread will do.

I don't think so, but you could either post here or through email.

By the way, I have a gingham shirt incoming in a couple of weeks and I was thinking - what kind of cuffs/collar do you get it with?

I've gone with a BD-collar, but should the collar/cuffs be unlined/unfused or lined/unfused? I have a gingham shirt by PRL that doesn't feel as "loose" (don't know a good word for it) in the collar/cuffs as my oxford shirts by Luxire. Is that mostly due to different fabric or is it due to the fact that maybe the PRL gingham shirt is either lined/unfused or lined/fused in collar and cuffs?

Phew... that was lot of words about the same, but the question is what kind of configuration do you use for casual gingham shirts? (BD-collar is already decided)

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, i've emailed back and forth with them in the past few days

I heard back today. I'm stuck with a little bit of a deadline and I thought everyone got their purchases in 1-2 weeks but now I'm reading some got it after months. Really, really hoping that's not the case with my orders.

There is no way to track when you will get it is there? One order says payment was paid and another says authorized (not paid) and both say unfulfilled. Is it shipped once the status becomes "paid"?

mattcritchlow

Reaction score
Is it shipped once the status becomes "paid"?

No. The work is started once the Payment Status becomes Paid.

When the Fulfillment Status changes from Unfulfilled to Fulfilled, then the order is shipped.

Wade

Reaction score
Authorized means they received the order. Paid means they began working on it. It's shipped once you get a tracking number

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I heard back today. I'm stuck with a little bit of a deadline and I thought everyone got their purchases in 1-2 weeks but now I'm reading some got it after months. Really, really hoping that's not the case with my orders.

There is no way to track when you will get it is there? One order says payment was paid and another says authorized (not paid) and both say unfulfilled. Is it shipped once the status becomes "paid"?

My first shirt order came at about 4 weeks after order, 3 weeks after paying. The second one came about 2 weeks after ordering

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm stuck with a little bit of a deadline and I thought everyone got their purchases in 1-2 weeks but now I'm reading some got it after months. Really, really hoping that's not the case with my orders.

So far my limited experience has been that they're lightning fast if your fabric is in stock. In fact, on my second order, I think I got the shipping email before they got round to taking the money from my paypal! In general, though, I believe that once the money is taken from your paypal, they've started work on the order, so you can probably expect the shipping email within a week or so from that. This is just what I've gleaned from others in the thread; my own experience has just been two orders so far, with a third just submitted.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Britons here? Have you ever got hit by the customs when ordering from Luxire?

Last edited:

topos

Reaction score
In general, though, I believe that once the money is taken from your paypal, they've started work on the order, so you can probably expect the shipping email within a week or so from that. This is just what I've gleaned from others in the thread; my own experience has just been two orders so far, with a third just submitted.

This has been my experience as well, after a single order. And I just placed another. And may I reiterate an unrelated point that other have made: order swatches, even if someone here has already posted a pic of the swatch you want. I am grateful to find out a couple of fabrics I thought I'd like won't work for me, and I'm also happy to find out some I'm iffy about I really like.

On a second unrelated note: I discovered through my first order that I like my chinos to fit slimmer in the leg than my wool dress pants. I didn't know this until I ordered a pair of chinos based on a pair of suit pants. Maybe this is obvious to a lot of you, but it wasn't to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads