• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha

me too yesterday, but my collar.

Wow, how's that for coincidence? On the other hand, I'm not completely surprised by the choice of a man of good taste :).

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys must not live in so cal. Getting linens down here. 90+ past 2 weeks

emptym

Reaction score

Well it really seems like they are getting that jacket dialed in. Obviously, seeing it on a dummy is way different than seeing it on you, but that looks damn good from that picture.

Thank you. I posted pics of the previous jacket here. I'm sure this one will look as good or better.

emptym - thanks for the info on the jacket, I was the one that asked about the construction...definitely interested to hear how you like it. I've been looking for something just like that for about three years now with no luck. If Luxire is getting better, I might have them make me one..

Me too. A lot of unconstructed jackets are made rtw nowadays, but they're usually too short in the body and with too high a button stance, which is why I asked Luxire over a year ago to try to make one. They've done a great job imo and why I have a few more in the pipeline (that cotton twill, some vintage flannel I washed in hot water to make more dense, wind-resistant and durable, the heavy linen I posted earlier, and probably a corduroy jacket after that).

... Also, what fabric was used for that jacket? Was it CMT or something you had on hand? Can't remember if emptym said he sent in some fabric to get that one made...

The fabric in the picture Luxire posted recently was stuff I sent in. But the suit I posted a month or so ago was Luxire fabric, probably this, which is very nice too. I believe clapeyron posted pants made of it too.
Thank you for the suggestion chuckb. Have written to them, will make the fabrics available if we get a positive response.

VBC flannel is very good, as would be Drapers. Drapers is softer than the Minnis and probably less durable. Was I (and someone else above) mistaken in thinking you once had a Dugdale flannel that was less expensive than the Minnis?

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, how's that for coincidence? On the other hand, I'm not completely surprised by the choice of a man of good taste
smile.gif

Just FYI, the blue hounds tooth is much much softer than the end on end. I'd get it. And forgo the swatch.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just FYI, the blue hounds tooth is much much softer than the end on end. I'd get it. And forgo the swatch. 

Thx. The end-on-end is already quite soft. Will have to wait until Spring...

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got the fit down with only minor alterations from the second pair ordered. Just ordered one pair of trousers in each of Minnis mid-grey flannel, medium grey plain Dugdale Royal Classics and the tan version of the Dugdale Yorkshire Cavalry Twill (went with one of the 15-16 ounce ones, the 20 ounce ones are probably a bit heavy). I'll be excited to see what other medium grey flannel Luxire is able to source. $300 for good MTM flannel trousers is definitely a good deal, but the ability to get a good flannel trouser for less would be excellent.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards mate and thanks for sharing your impressions, glad to read of another happy customer

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Blue Linen Chambray - Coconut Buttons, Semi-Cut-Away Collar, Hidden-Button-down

OlafG

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered trousers in Duck-Egg moleskin? Is it sort of olive green?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics