• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could ask the customers, wether they would want to give you a photo of them wearing the shirt, for a very little discount (let's say $5-10), in order to use it on your site as an example picture ;)
Not sure that's a small discount over time.

But they can have pictures of my shirts any time.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been so much talking about regular collars, but no OCBDs :( How is Luxire's regular button down collar, are you satisfied?

Which OCBD collar looks best? I'm interesting in ordering an OCBD, but I am not sure about which collar I should pick.

Do you have an awesome OCBD collar, NOBD?

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD doesn't like button down collars.

I think the Luxire standard unlined button down collar is very nice. I get it on all my OCBDs.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I don't really like BD... I do like OC. : )

You can use the option Search This Thread and search for "button-down" (or something like that). I think there are some people who have been working on nice button-down collars.

Edit: Louis was quicker.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this was meant to my mate, Beatlegeuse
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
I think you got the measurements absolutely perfect, those shirts look nice!
Hahaha, there seems to be a lot of Betelgeuse/Beatlegeuse confusion around here. atoms - the shirt looks fantastic, thanks so much for the pics. I agree, I think it may be a little too casual for my office here. Not that anyone else in my office is particularly well-dressed, but I at least like to hold myself to a standard of wearing more formal-ish clothing :)

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream Twill Chino

But someone have complained that it's somewhat transparent, so you will see the inside pockets...
What else?

"That's just a flashlight."

I decided long ago, if I'm getting cream/white pants, they're going to be half lined in the front.

No pay, no play.

Spurious

Reaction score

http://luxire.com/pages/pant-measurements
How is this not clear? Waist: Half Hip:
You're not going all the way around, that would be full hip and full waist. Sorry for being rude but there's SO MANY QUESTIONS lately that could be looked up or sent directly to Luxire.
No problem. I sent them to Luxire, but wasnt sure how busy they were. Two measurements were the same for me, so I was wondering, if I did a mistake somewhere.

topos

Reaction score
No problem.
I sent them to Luxire, but wasnt sure how busy they were.
Two measurements were the same for me, so I was wondering, if I did a mistake somewhere.

You might note the pants are positioned differently in both pictures. In the first, the entire waistband is laid flat and straight, and in the second the pants are laying a bit more naturally. I'm not an expert pants-measurer, but if I had to guess I'd say to measure across the hips lay the pants in such a way that the fabric across the hips does not bunch in front or back (nor does it pull - so button/zip the pants).

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to know which fabric the pants of emptym are made of.

Cream Twill Chino

But someone have complained that it's somewhat transparent, so you will see the inside pockets...

I've got a pair of the cream twill chino and I have too experienced the problem with transperancy.
Actually I can't believe emptym's pants are made from the same fabric as mine.
First of all his pants are noticeable cream/stone in color, mine are off-white at most.
Secondly the fabric of his pants seems to be heavier and thus draping more nicely.
Lastly his pants are obviously not see-through, mine are, both under artificial as well as under natural light.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NOBD: what collar do you use on your Oxford shirts?

And what's the difference between NOBD collar 1 and 2?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
heyo, some fit advice.

this is my latest shirt.

I had a lot of issues with my original shirts with extra fabric in the back, and my original solution was to really take in the waist/shirt bottom (which is why it looks so slim). with this shirt I tried darting, which worked really well, and for the next shirt I'll add some width to the shirt opening and waist.

my real question is two issues:

I have some strange tightness in the chest, but, as you can see with my arms wide, I have at least 3" extra of fabric in the chest. my other issue is the collar - it gapes a little too much when unbuttoned, but I can wear a tie easily with this, so it's definitely the right collar size. what measurements should I adjust?

measurements:

Neck: 16.50 - Sleeve: 34.25 - Fit: Custom - Collar: Button Down - Cuff: 1-Button - Back: Center Pleats - Pocket: No - Placket: Yes - Custom_notes: Chest: 22.25"
Bicep: 8.8"
Bottom: 19.75"
Neck size: 16.6"
Shoulder seem to collar on front: 6.1" on each side of collar
Yoke: 18.15"
I'd like a nice collar roll. I'd also like two darts in the lower back to take in about an inch and a quarter fabric (so it doesn't billow out in the lower back). I also have sloped shoulders

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(In my opinion) that shirt is too tight in the waist and bottom, hence why the bottom of the placket flares when untucked.

I think you've been a bit too generous on your shoulder measurements too. I'd go 17.5" - if you're always going to wear it with the top button undone, you can afford to have a smaller yoke to make the shirt sit nicely on the shoulders, rather than slipping off the edges.

Instead of darts, I prefer reducing the back measurements as compared to the front for the waist and chest. I don't like darts, especially in OCBDs.

I also think you should also reduce the bicep measurement to 8.25 or even 8.

Tightness in the chest can be caused by an armhole measurement which is too small.

You don't appear to have a very big chest, and yet your chest measurement is 22.25.

I'd increase the armhole measurement slightly, and make the chest 10.5" back, 10.75" front.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yea the shirt is definitely tight below the tuck in point -- I kept making the waist/hem measurement smaller and smaller to get rid of billowing, and I think that + the darting is too much. going to just stick with darting from now on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads