• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
Gonna plug Luxire. Top notch service. Even if there's a slight delay in responding, I have no doubt it's worth the wait! The quality pieces on this thread make that clear (thank you @Blastwice for the most recent!!) and their communication and patience with my poorly articulated style ideas is much appreciated.

hysteria

Reaction score
What do you folks do with shirts and cotton pants to account for shrinkage post-wash? Does Luxire already add extra dimensions to your measurements to account for this, or do you have to do it? Or do you ask Luxire to do so?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Luxire still processing the "three-day" fabric orders in three days or are those running a bit behind as well right now?

carterneeld

Reaction score
I had a pair of trousers made two weeks ago and it was a 3-day turnaround for me and another few days DHL delivery to NYC. It was my first Luxire order and I am duly impressed.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Is Luxire still processing the "three-day" fabric orders in three days or are those running a bit behind as well right now?
I had my first order from them recently. The construction was a bit more than 3 days, but that was because they contacted me to suggest making one pair of trousers first and seeing how they fit before making the second pair. The first pair arrived pretty quickly given they had to ship to Canada. I had to get some minor alterations done by my tailor here, but they are taking those into account for the new trousers. I'm all in all quite happy with what I got, and look forward to wearing them!

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you folks do with shirts and cotton pants to account for shrinkage post-wash? Does Luxire already add extra dimensions to your measurements to account for this, or do you have to do it? Or do you ask Luxire to do so?
We prewash every fabric to arrest shrinking as much as possible.
Chinos and jeans are also washed before hemming for added assurance.

Still, some shrinkage may occur on some items, depending on multiple factors, including how they are washed and dried by the customer.

Blastwice

Reaction score
Machine wash is fine, but it's the machine dryer that gets you. Shirts and pants will shrink a little unless you hang dry always. I usually just wear shirts until they're too small and then repurchase again, since I don't have luxury of space in my studio to hang dry everything. Pants I bought a steel fold-able rack and hang dry them in my kitchen on laundry days.

hysteria

Reaction score
Machine wash is fine, but it's the machine dryer that gets you. Shirts and pants will shrink a little unless you hang dry always. I usually just wear shirts until they're too small and then repurchase again, since I don't have luxury of space in my studio to hang dry everything. Pants I bought a steel fold-able rack and hang dry them in my kitchen on laundry days.

With cotton, I find even with cold handwashing and flat drying, there is always a little bit of shrinkage after the first few washes. Sounds like it's not necessary to add extra dimensions to the measurements for Luxire shirts/cotton trousers?

zmurrro

Reaction score
To be honest, my beloved shirt from Luxire did shrink after some time (notable in chest and sleeves), so I will try to account for that next time.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
I got my Luxire linen trousers back from my tailor. Wearing them for the first time today. Here are a couple of pictures of the fit:

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

Please excuse my son's shoes in the background :).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads