• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Kansai22

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing a few botton down shirts during this sale. I have seen a few designs that look amazing.

How wrinkle resistant are Luxire normal 100% cotton shirts?

I have noticed that some other brands although they have amazing designs as soon as I put the shirts on they look like they were not pressed at all, far beyond normal wrinkling.

Thank you in advance.

Chrisone

Reaction score
@luxire

At the old page you had a sport jacket fabric with blackwatch pattern that was 399 usd (or was it 349 or 449?), if I remember correctly. Not the EThomas worsted that you still have, but something more flannel like.

Do I remember correctly, and do you still have some of it available, even though it's not listed?

nevaeh

Reaction score
I have an email out with customer service, but I wanted to see if any of you all know about Luxire’s sizing while I wait.

I am interested in purchasing the Dugdale grey flannel trousers (https://luxire.com/products/dugdale-grey-flannel-dress-pants) but haven’t purchase from Luxire before.

What waist size should I get? My waist measures 31.25 inches and hips 36.75 inches. Based on body measurements it would be 31, but normally I purchase size 30 trousers. I don’t see a size guide on their website.

(This is not to rush CS—it’s the weekend and I completely understand if they need to take a few days to reply even after the weekend! But I wanted to make sure I don’t lose out on this great deal on the flannel trousers to wear during Chicago’s cold winters.)

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an email out with customer service, but I wanted to see if any of you all know about Luxire’s sizing while I wait.

I am interested in purchasing the Dugdale grey flannel trousers (https://luxire.com/products/dugdale-grey-flannel-dress-pants) but haven’t purchase from Luxire before.

What waist size should I get? My waist measures 31.25 inches and hips 36.75 inches. Based on body measurements it would be 31, but normally I purchase size 30 trousers. I don’t see a size guide on their website.

(This is not to rush CS—it’s the weekend and I completely understand if they need to take a few days to reply even after the weekend! But I wanted to make sure I don’t lose out on this great deal on the flannel trousers to wear during Chicago’s cold winters.)
If you have a pair of trousers that fits you well, strongly recommend that you ship them to Luxire for them to make a pattern from. Their block trouser pattern doesn’t seem to work for a lot of people based on photos posted here. You can buy the trousers now and write in notes that you will send in a pair for replication.

nevaeh

Reaction score
If you have a pair of trousers that fits you well, strongly recommend that you ship them to Luxire for them to make a pattern from. Their block trouser pattern doesn’t seem to work for a lot of people based on photos posted here. You can buy the trousers now and write in notes that you will send in a pair for replication.
@breakaway01 that is extremely helpful information. Thank you. I didn't know that buy now and measure later was an option. I'll go ahead and do that. Those flannel trousers are nice.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Cotton trial pants. I am slowly getting the silhouette I want.

1669586089869.png

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pair of moleskin trousers I’ve tried. This is straight out of the box so needs a good press, but quite happy with them. A slight miss as I requested belt loops, but it works a lot better with adjusters than I had anticipated so I don’t really mind.
23B66822-5AF4-4CBC-872B-E3273E9B6972.jpeg CD54AA76-8431-4C0E-AD3F-EF27FE1D6FBC.jpeg

Last edited:

midnightnavy

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the navy cotton twill fabrics offered by Luxire? I am interested having a pair of dark navy twill chinos made as an alternative to jeans. They are intended to be workwear, not dress chinos. Something more utilitarian along the lines of the military chinos once made by Bills Khakis. Any recommendations? Thank you.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DonRaphael What do you think about a permanent crease on summer fabrics weighting <240g/m
Imo, that would depend on the purpose. If it's chinos, I wouldn't put a permanent crease on them.

Generally though, I stay away from cotton trousers and lighter fabrics. Especially the two combined. I don't fancy how those drape. The only cotton trousers I own, which feature permanent creases, are heavier brisbane cotton trousers. That's what I wear in general for summer together with fresco, vbc 4ply and denim.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imo, that would depend on the purpose. If it's chinos, I wouldn't put a permanent crease on them.

Generally though, I stay away from cotton trousers and lighter fabrics. Especially the two combined. I don't fancy how those drape. The only cotton trousers I own, which feature permanent creases, are heavier brisbane cotton trousers. That's what I wear in general for summer together with fresco, vbc 4ply and denim.
any pics of those? I did permanent creased on a pair of drawstrings but neither the cut nor the fabric was favorable for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads