• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Bersabee

Reaction score
What's the difference between these fabrics (other than the color)? I was under the impression that Dugdale Fine Worsted was 9-10oz but only one of the Luxire listing has the fabric as 8-9oz.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's been a couple of years since I ordered pants, and I've heard a lot has changed with regards to techniques/production in recent times. Can I still refer back to a previous order and ask for those measurements to be used, or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks.
We can work with the same measurements but a new pattern will be suggested if your result back then was less than satisfactory.
If you prefer the old pattern, we can certainly use it.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's the difference between these fabrics (other than the color)? I was under the impression that Dugdale Fine Worsted was 9-10oz but only one of the Luxire listing has the fabric as 8-9oz.

They are all the same. 280-310 grams will actually be 9-10 Oz, somewhere we may have made an error in mathematics, if not a typo.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Bersabee

Reaction score
They are all the same. 280-310 grams will actually be 9-10 Oz, somewhere we may have made an error in mathematics, if not a typo.
I see thanks.

Is the tropical wool suit the same as this posting?

I am trying to get better idea of the color.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

TomWambsgans

Reaction score
I placed an order in late November that has yet to arrive, apparently due to some customs issue at a FedEx office within easy driving distance. Have you guys had any issues like this? I have no idea how long I'm expected to wait.

@luxire Can you assist?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I placed an order in late November that has yet to arrive, apparently due to some customs issue at a FedEx office within easy driving distance. Have you guys had any issues like this? I have no idea how long I'm expected to wait.

@luxire Can you assist?

Wasn't an email or PM a better option?

A small fraction of shipments (5-7 shipments a year) get stuck with customs and are usually released after they have completed their verification.

We have a small team that deals with these issues and is always there to help. Just get in touch with us over email and let us know.

TomWambsgans

Reaction score
Wasn't an email or PM a better option?

A small fraction of shipments (5-7 shipments a year) get stuck with customs and are usually released after they have completed their verification.

We have a small team that deals with these issues and is always there to help. Just get in touch with us over email and let us know.
Sorry--forgot PMs were an option. I did try emails. Will try again.

Edit: Appears to be on track for resolution over email. Thanks again!

Last edited:

il vecchio

Reaction score
I know this was discussed a while back - but Uk customer bought pants 250 US dollars charged tax and duty £63 Uk sorry but satisfied customer but don’t think I would order again.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know this was discussed a while back - but Uk customer bought pants 250 US dollars charged tax and duty £63 Uk sorry but satisfied customer but don’t think I would order again.

Global e-commerce demands a world without borders, or atleast without customs duties.

We have solved this problem for EU customers though. They can order from the Luxire.de website and we take care of everything.

stuessi

Reaction score
Global e-commerce demands a world without borders, or atleast without customs duties.

We have solved this problem for EU customers though. They can order from the Luxire.de website and we take care of everything.

Any news on the issue with Switzerland? Is it now possible to order from the EU website without VAT already added at checkout? It was like that right at the beginning of the .de site until you changed it.

weriker

Reaction score
Just order from the .com website, there is no advantage to order from the .de website: Even if the EU VAT were deducted, you‘d still have to pay Swiss VAT when importing (and the end price were about the same, if not higher).

mkn90

Reaction score
Hi all

trying to look through the thread without much luck. I’m looking for a white dress shirt for work to wear with suits - more for the classy side than casual thus no oxfords.

I have the lustrous fine white and classic white poplin 100/2. However the first is to wrinkly and looks much like an Oxford. Any recommendations? Wearing Eton dress shirts today - any similar fabrics on Luxire.de?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads