• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Bersabee

Reaction score

Man, CMT jackets are priceyyyyyy

steiger

Reaction score
Hi @luxire,
I'm in the thoughts of ordering a MTM suit from you guys, how would it be best to proceed?
I'v ordered trousers before but haven't really nailed the fit down 100% yet, also my fault as I 'gave up' last time I ordered when I sent in pictures and you guys just game new recommendations on alterations. Now in the market for a (or a couple over time) new suit as I have some problems finding a perfect one OTR. Jackets fits ok OTR (with some small alterations) but trousers are a problem as normally the trousers that go with the suits today are way too slim for me and don't have a high rise.
Sincerely

Megakurth

Reaction score
Hi @luxire,
I'm in the thoughts of ordering a MTM suit from you guys, how would it be best to proceed?
I'v ordered trousers before but haven't really nailed the fit down 100% yet, also my fault as I 'gave up' last time I ordered when I sent in pictures and you guys just game new recommendations on alterations. Now in the market for a (or a couple over time) new suit as I have some problems finding a perfect one OTR. Jackets fits ok OTR (with some small alterations) but trousers are a problem as normally the trousers that go with the suits today are way too slim for me and don't have a high rise.
Sincerely
I just wanted to chime in as I’ve gone through both jacket replication with changes and in-person measurements with continued fit through the virtual e-spoke process and had several suits, jackets and my Tuxedo made.

I would suggest either sending in an existing jacket and making changes from there or going through the e-spoke process which has an additional cost but further helps with dialing down for (they send you the basted jacket, you send back for dialing down for and finishing, etc).I am told the jacket process has gone through several improvements since I last had one made. I’ve been overall pleased but a few items to note:
-there may be variations based on fabric as each fabric behaves differently
-there may still be tweaks needed in the final product (this is typical of normal bespoke/MTM as well)
-Luxire will make garments based on stylistic requests/recommendations but will also account for your individual body type
-patience is nailing down fit is key :)

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @luxire,
Sincerely

Get it done elsewhere and have them copy it.

steiger

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the comments.
I don't really have anything that that fits 100% atm and there are no MTM tailors in the town where I live or close by. I'm going to Thailand in March though to Koh Lanta and Phuket, anyone have any recommendations for a good tailor there? I could have something made for me there if it's possible (i'm there for about a week per place) and then use it for replication in the future.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @luxire,
Sincerely
For the trousers, when was the last time? If you have not tried in the last 6 months, I would suggest you write to us again.
Our techniques have transformed in recent times and the results have been amazing.

For the jacket, if you are not sending a well fitting jacket, then let us work with measurements.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The history of Luxire on this thread is 10 years old now. Things change. Past ≠ Present

In terms of customer satisfaction, we have had highs and phases of embarrassing, extreme lows.

We are now at our highest ever. Together with our transformed pattern techniques, super quick deliveries and a customer first approach, Luxire customers are happy and satisfied.

If you have not tried us for a long time, now is the time to try us again.

Bersabee

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in as I’ve gone through both jacket replication with changes and in-person measurements with continued fit through the virtual e-spoke process and had several suits, jackets and my Tuxedo made.

I would suggest either sending in an existing jacket and making changes from there or going through the e-spoke process which has an additional cost but further helps with dialing down for (they send you the basted jacket, you send back for dialing down for and finishing, etc).I am told the jacket process has gone through several improvements since I last had one made. I’ve been overall pleased but a few items to note:
-there may be variations based on fabric as each fabric behaves differently
-there may still be tweaks needed in the final product (this is typical of normal bespoke/MTM as well)
-Luxire will make garments based on stylistic requests/recommendations but will also account for your individual body type
-patience is nailing down fit is key :)
How do you get this e-spoke service you speak of? Do you know the cost?

steiger

Reaction score
For the trousers, when was the last time? If you have not tried in the last 6 months, I would suggest you write to us again.
Our techniques have transformed in recent times and the results have been amazing.

For the jacket, if you are not sending a well fitting jacket, then let us work with measurements.

Last time was about a year ago so I guess i'ts time to try again.
Should I find the latest email exchange and start from there and say hello from styleforum or how do you prefer?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last time was about a year ago so I guess i'ts time to try again.
Should I find the latest email exchange and start from there and say hello from styleforum or how do you prefer?
Thank you!
Yes, will be a good idea to continue the thread from the last email exchange.

zmurrro

Reaction score
I have received my first items from Luxire just before Christmas. Overall I am very happy.

I tried two approaches.
I based oxford shirt on my body measurements, which my wife took and it come out perfect. I like the material and shirt seems to be of high quality, and all the details were as requested. Unfortunately I put it on yesterday and it was significantly tighter due to Christmas cookies, but that is on me :)

With pants I was afraid of them being too tight if I went with body measurements as I often have issue with tight hips/ thighs and have to wear 'athletic' fits. I went with measuring my pants, not body. They came out exactly as I requested in terms of measurements, but the fit is not ideal. My mistake was I measured my pants with 2% spandex and even though I added few cms in few places, it was not enough for the non stretch material of the Luxire pants. Again, this one is me. There is some extra material on the both leg seams, so I might be able to fix it! Other than that, material is great and all the details as requested.

Thanks @luxire !!

kugelblitz_

Reaction score
It's been a couple of years since I ordered pants, and I've heard a lot has changed with regards to techniques/production in recent times. Can I still refer back to a previous order and ask for those measurements to be used, or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads