• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
I had the same problem as you, couldn´t find RTW trousers with a decent fit and enough room in seat/thigh area. The slim fit/Low rise trend the last decade didn´t make it any easier...

I ended up with two pairs of Bill´s khakis bought of Ebay: M2 (straight) and M2P (pleats). I then got a tailor to slim down the legs a wee bit from the knee and down. Luxire have copied the pleated pair perfectly, the straight pair I have sent them yet.

If you nail the seat/thigh fit, the rest is possible to fix - but not the other way around. It's just like a suit jacket: The shoulders have to fit.
Thanks for your reply. So this is essentially a trial and error process? I was thinking of going bespoke for the pants and shirts and then basing the luxire measurements on said bespoke clothes. I know it won't come out as perfect doing this but it will at least be a first step in the right direction I suppose.

Chrisone

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. So this is essentially a trial and error process? I was thinking of going bespoke for the pants and shirts and then basing the luxire measurements on said bespoke clothes. I know it won't come out as perfect doing this but it will at least be a first step in the right direction I suppose.

I´ve gotten several pairs made from scratch (custom provided measurements) from Luxire through the years. The first two were meeh, but the third and fourth and fifth were alright, by tweaking the mesurements a little by little. Still I find that the "send in your best fitting pair of trousers and ask for some minor tweaks"-method was far superior, at least for me. Could be different for others, as no body is created the same.

Shirts are a different beast. They are much easier to nail by measurements only.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went through an extensive trial and error process and never managed to nail down my fit. So I gave up. Went to a bespoke tailor, had a pair of trousers made from scratch. Sent them to Luxire and asked them to replicate the fit. All in all, the bespoke route was by far a more cost effective approach. ~25 trousers later, I'm still a happy Luxire customer.

It's extremely difficult to nail down your fit and all details by trial and error and pics unless you're extremely lucky.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire: Could you post pictures of your Cornflower Blue Bengal Stripes and Cobalt Blue Bengal Stripes fabrics for comparison? The photos on the website look identical.
Glad to send the comparative image. Please send us an email.

EDIT
Just checked, the Cobalt is sold out. Real image of cornflower is below.
Website image of shirt is digital and will be replaced shortly.
Very nice fabric.

1637600001446.png

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OUTERWEAR FOR WINTER

Overcoats, Car-coats, Shirt Jackets, Trench Coats and more...

Inspired by shirt jackets, we chose to experiment with other types of outwear to be able to produce them faster, in elegant cuts while keeping them affordable.

When we go out to buy coats, we are met with "wool-look" blends of polyester and viscose, which generally sell at sub $100 prices.
As soon as we talk wool, the prices increase many fold.

We are now offering outerwear in wool, of different weights, weaves, made to your measurements, starting at $149.99
Think trench coat in Cavalry twill.

WHAT IS OFFERED
Jackets and coats made in a wide variety of fabrics
A wide selection of preset designs, small changes can be made on request
Made to your measurements

OPTIONAL FEATURES
Customization of design that would make the product complex or increase time of production
Viscose lining is standard. Any other lining or interlining will be additional
Non-standard accessories/buttons/snaps/closures etc

1637612234740.png

Viatu

Reaction score
OUTERWEAR FOR WINTER

Inspired by shirt jackets, we chose to experiment with other types of outwear to be able to produce them faster, in elegant cuts while keeping them affordable.

When we go out to buy coats, we are met with "wool-look" blends of polyester and viscose, which generally sell at sub $100 prices.

We are now offering outerwear in wool, of different weights, weaves, made to your measurements, starting at $149.99

WHAT IS OFFERED

OPTIONAL FEATURES
Customization of design that would make the product complex or increase time of production

View attachment 1708228

Links to some of the overcoat fabrics please.

conak

Reaction score
old.​

Do you have a fabric link for the trench coat cavalry twill fabric?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OUTERWEAR FOR WINTER

WHAT IS OFFERED

OPTIONAL FEATURES

View attachment 1708228

can you post some different types of coats you already made?

Blastwice

Reaction score
Links to some of the overcoat fabrics please.

If I were picking out overcoat fabrics I'd try:
I think a wide wale corduroy or even one of their new recycled wool options could look great in an overcoat as well.

Viatu

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads