• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with Luxire raw denim jeans fabric?

Can you comment on how much it shrinks in the wash and how much to account for it?

monkk

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with Luxire raw denim jeans fabric?

Can you comment on how much it shrinks in the wash and how much to account for it?
I think they do, or used to, pre wash them and they do not shrink at all, but also do not fade much.

star656

Reaction score
Do we know if Luxire will be doing black friday gift card sales this year? I know last year they discontinued the large sales on individual items, but I do believe gift card sales were still available.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Just bought the Ready to Wear Dugdale Grey Wool Gurkha Pants in the size 33 waist & 29 Inseam. It fits tight around the thighs and the buttocks but overall I think it fits well around the waist and the inseam seems alright. I was thinking of ordering Made to Measure instead. Do you have any tips about what I should do? Obviously I should increase the thigh measurement but by how much? I want the pants to be draped nicely. In the pictures I inserted the pleats are almost gone. Even increasing the waist from 33 → 34 would probably not help?

I inserted the Ready to Wear measurements as well. I have yet to measured the pants and compared the measurements with the Ready to Wear measurement.

Attachments

• Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16 #2.jpg
    Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16 #2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16 #3.jpg
    Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16 #3.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16 #4.jpg
    Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16 #4.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16.jpg
    Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.16.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Skärmavbild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.20.26.png
    Skärmavbild 2021-11-18 kl. 13.20.26.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Scarlatti

Reaction score
Just bought the Ready to Wear Dugdale Grey Wool Gurkha Pants in the size 33 waist & 29 Inseam. It fits tight around the thighs and the buttocks but overall I think it fits well around the waist and the inseam seems alright. I was thinking of ordering Made to Measure instead. Do you have any tips about what I should do? Obviously I should increase the thigh measurement but by how much? I want the pants to be draped nicely. In the pictures I inserted the pleats are almost gone. Even increasing the waist from 33 → 34 would probably not help?

I inserted the Ready to Wear measurements as well. I have yet to measured the pants and compared the measurements with the Ready to Wear measurement.
Very difficult to use this as a base model for MTM (It is far to tight almost everywhere). You would need something that comes really close to your ideal fit and only requires very few changes here and there.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Very difficult to use this as a base model for MTM (It is far to tight almost everywhere). You would need something that comes really close to your ideal fit and only requires very few changes here and there.

Yeah, I was kind afraid I could not use this as a basis for MTM. The problem is almost all my trousers are like this - it fits quite nice in the waist and inseam but the thighs never fit. Here is literally my best fitting pants and even then the fit is poor. I literally graduated 2 months ago so I haven't really had the chance to get myself expensive bespoke pants but that might be the only option now, whereafter I could base my MTM measurements on said pants?

What do you think about this fit? Sorry about the quality of the pictures.

Attachments

• Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 15.30 #2.jpg
    Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 15.30 #2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 15.30 #3.jpg
    Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 15.30 #3.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 15.30.jpg
    Bild 2021-11-18 kl. 15.30.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 194

Megakurth

Reaction score
As in our post a few days, reproduced below, we have received the recycled wool flannels.

They are now available here.
One change: The composition is 90% recycled wool and 10% nylon. The nylon was added for strength and for better performance if washed at home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have recently created this style of elastic adjusters which are completely invisible. The waist can expand or contract a full 3 inches with little impact on how it actually looks.

In our tests, the buttons were not causing any discomfort on the waist, but, we may still hide them behind a layer of fabric for comfort.

The fabric? This is our new wool-flannel, made from 100% recycled wool, a big step towards making Luxire circular. Doing our bit for the environment, this reduces CO2 emissions by 84%.
Available soon in 3 shades: Light grey, charcoal and camel.

View attachment 1674490

View attachment 1674482

View attachment 1674483

View attachment 1674484

View attachment 1674485
@luxire any updates on the hidden elastic adjusters? Any photos from in the wild?

Blastwice

Reaction score
@luxire any updates on the hidden elastic adjusters? Any photos from in the wild?

Here is a photo of the (inner daks-type adjuster) on a pair of corduroys. I have been requesting this type of adjuster on my orders since I learned about it. I like it because I can get the waist size I like to wear with bracers with a clean outer waistband, but still adjust if bracers aren't on the menu on any given day.

image_50425345.JPG

Megakurth

Reaction score
Here is a photo of the (inner daks-type adjuster) on a pair of corduroys. I have been requesting this type of adjuster on my orders since I learned about it. I like it because I can get the waist size I like to wear with bracers with a clean outer waistband, but still adjust if bracers aren't on the menu on any given day.

View attachment 1706001
How do they look during wear? One thing I noticed about past orders with external Daks and side adjusters in general is that they tend to “scrunch” the waistband a bit.

Blastwice

Reaction score
Great question-- I haven't used them yet so I cannot answer that. (Usually I roll with bracers.)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our office in Munich is now ready to welcome our customers. You can visit us for measurements, browsing through fabric swatches, for advise or just for some saratorial discussions. You can book a time slot here.

WhereNext

Reaction score
Our office in Munich is now ready to welcome our customers. You can visit us for measurements, browsing through fabric swatches, for advise or just for some saratorial discussions. You can book a time slot here.

Unrelated to this, but just FYI: I just got your e-mail about your 12 ounce VBC flannel collection, but the links don't seem to actually work. It may just be me, but you might want to check, just in case it's not user error on my part.

weriker

Reaction score
The link to the collection, or better "selection", works with me ?‍♂️

Chrisone

Reaction score
Yeah, I was kind afraid I could not use this as a basis for MTM. The problem is almost all my trousers are like this - it fits quite nice in the waist and inseam but the thighs never fit. Here is literally my best fitting pants and even then the fit is poor. I literally graduated 2 months ago so I haven't really had the chance to get myself expensive bespoke pants but that might be the only option now, whereafter I could base my MTM measurements on said pants?

What do you think about this fit? Sorry about the quality of the pictures.

I had the same problem as you, couldn´t find RTW trousers with a decent fit and enough room in seat/thigh area. The slim fit/Low rise trend the last decade didn´t make it any easier...

I ended up with two pairs of Bill´s khakis bought of Ebay: M2 (straight) and M2P (pleats). I then got a tailor to slim down the legs a wee bit from the knee and down. Luxire have copied the pleated pair perfectly, the straight pair I have sent them yet.

If you nail the seat/thigh fit, the rest is possible to fix - but not the other way around. It's just like a suit jacket: The shoulders have to fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads