• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Megakurth

Reaction score
@luxire I got the e-mail today regarding 10% off pants. Is it select fabrics? I only ask because I saw two pairs of easy care wool blend pants in greys, but wondering if it applies to other colors as well?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire I got the e-mail today regarding 10% off pants. Is it select fabrics? I only ask because I saw two pairs of easy care wool blend pants in greys, but wondering if it applies to other colors as well?
Only on items in the collection

br77

Reaction score
Drawstring pants fit differently. Even for my own drawstring pants, I had to go through a few iterations before getting to a fit I was comfortable with.

what would you say are the most important adjustments for drawstring pants if i start from a dress pant template you already have from a prior order? i am particularly worried about the poster's experience with a large waist - how should i translate waist measurements from dress pants to drawstring? thank you!

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what would you say are the most important adjustments for drawstring pants if i start from a dress pant template you already have from a prior order? i am particularly worried about the poster's experience with a large waist - how should i translate waist measurements from dress pants to drawstring? thank you!

on my first pair the waist was tough to pull past my hips despite the standard extra allowance luxire adds. Do give that some thought (Aside how loose or fitted you want them).

boot_owl

Reaction score
My pair didn’t require me to request any adjustments, and they’re great. My pattern is currently a bit large at the waistband for me though, I’m having to cinch my side adjusters pretty tight

br77

Reaction score
on my first pair the waist was tough to pull past my hips despite the standard extra allowance luxire adds.

wow i'm so glad i asked, i would have never thought about that. thank you for the reply!

i'm having second thoughts about altering the pattern, as i would like my pants when tied to have a 30-31 inch waist, but when i measured my hips it seemed i would need the pants to be at least 38 inches just to be able to pull them up. i'm worried about how all that extra material would look like once i tie up the pants :) i should probably find a pair of drawstring pants i like and send it to them, rather than trying to alter the dress pant pattern - which seems to always be the best bet with Luxire.

br77

Reaction score
My pair didn’t require me to request any adjustments, and they’re great. My pattern is currently a bit large at the waistband for me though, I’m having to cinch my side adjusters pretty tight

thanks for your answer. it's exactly the same with my pattern - it is a bit large, so i thought i would ask Luxire to take the waist in for the drawstring pair. but from what you and Proleet are saying, it sounds like i should just not ask for any waist adjustment whatsoever.

but doesn't all that extra material look untidy when you tie up the pants? i was going to use a Molloy tweed for the material, which is pretty heavy (545grams/meter). on top of all this, Luxire just raised the price from $250 to $350 for this fabric, and it seems crazy to spend so much money for a pair of casual pants that might not even come out right.

emptym

Reaction score
Got four new shirts from Luxire in a larger pattern, and the new fit is terrific. Two are remakes of old favorites:
IMG_0127.jpeg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow i'm so glad i asked, i would have never thought about that. thank you for the reply!

i'm having second thoughts about altering the pattern, as i would like my pants when tied to have a 30-31 inch waist, but when i measured my hips it seemed i would need the pants to be at least 38 inches just to be able to pull them up. i'm worried about how all that extra material would look like once i tie up the pants :) i should probably find a pair of drawstring pants i like and send it to them, rather than trying to alter the dress pant pattern - which seems to always be the best bet with Luxire.

i did base mine off my dress pants pattern. The first one I got made were hard to put on and I had to have them altered. For the next pair I asked Luxire to add more allowance in the waist (note they have a standard allowance already) and they turned out perfect. I’d just shoot them a note and see what they say.

boot_owl

Reaction score
thanks for your answer. it's exactly the same with my pattern - it is a bit large, so i thought i would ask Luxire to take the waist in for the drawstring pair. but from what you and Proleet are saying, it sounds like i should just not ask for any waist adjustment whatsoever.

but doesn't all that extra material look untidy when you tie up the pants? i was going to use a Molloy tweed for the material, which is pretty heavy (545grams/meter). on top of all this, Luxire just raised the price from $250 to $350 for this fabric, and it seems crazy to spend so much money for a pair of casual pants that might not even come out right.
7D16349B-23F1-4F70-9804-FD1A21F5FAF3.jpeg
8605F76F-82D4-471F-9418-46ACD5FDA0DF.jpeg

no complaints about extra fabric bunching or anything for mine

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
Hi @luxire @LuxireStudio Team,
I requested for inseam 30 inches but got 29 inches.
I also requested for no front point pocket in the order notes but still receive the coin pocket made.

Could you assist the next course of action? I dont think it makes sense to send back and pay the shipping fees back and forth to have it altered by your team.

Attachments

• IMG_9147.JPG
    IMG_9147.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_9148.JPG
    IMG_9148.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

OzWino

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality brownish chino fabric? I'm thinking about something for a casual work environment.

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got four new shirts from Luxire in a larger pattern, and the new fit is terrific. Two are remakes of old favorites: View attachment 1648899

Beautiful shirts by Luxire and good taste. What does Luxire call the pattern of the shirt that is the 2nd to the right? Some kind of black, grey tattersall?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants in your first picture (from the front) look quite strange, can't imagine how something like this would look in a 500+ GSM cloth!! This design will mostly look like pajamas.
Putting a drawstring closure on what would otherwise be a dress trouser pattern usually doesn’t look gear IMO. A drawstring closure is inherently casual, so the trouser itself should also be cut and styled more casually

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads