• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are your waistbands fused? I ordered a jeans few months back and the waistband feels too soft which doesnt hold well above my hips/ at waist level.
Most trouser waistbands have Banrol in them and are not fused.
Jeans waistbands are traditionally made with double fold of the same fabric. We follow the same tradition.

boot_owl

Reaction score
We do have a few options available and also many more shades available from Minnis, Dugdale. The Minnis, Dugdale ones are really good and reasonably priced.

A little too late this year for trying to source linen but am sure our mills and suppliers will have something ready to offer. Will update.

Big fan of my Dugdale tobacco linen trousers. Is it true that most Irish linen comes from same source (Baird McNutt?)? Is it worth simply sourcing directly?

TomWambsgans

Reaction score
I'm admittedly new to MTM pants, but I ordered two from Luxire with the exact same measurements and the jeans (on bottom in the picture below) feel off when I wear them--too wide in the thigh and knee, with an undesirable bell-bottom effect as well. The other pants feel perfect, as do the Proper Cloth pants I have with these measurements.

I tried measuring these two and didn't notice any glaring differences between them, but maybe I measured in the wrong places.

Is this the result of the patterns, or did I mess up by not modifying my measurements before I ordered the jeans?

Attachments

• luxire pants comparison.jpg
    luxire pants comparison.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 87

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm admittedly new to MTM pants, but I ordered two from Luxire with the exact same measurements and the jeans (on bottom in the picture below) feel off when I wear them--too wide in the thigh and knee, with an undesirable bell-bottom effect as well. The other pants feel perfect, as do the Proper Cloth pants I have with these measurements.

I tried measuring these two and didn't notice any glaring differences between them, but maybe I measured in the wrong places.

Is this the result of the patterns, or did I mess up by not modifying my measurements before I ordered the jeans?
Do send us an email. We will find you a good solution.
I can suggest that you wear it a few times and try to understand which aspects you like and dislike. We can then make the new pattern to incorporate your choices.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To the post above, will explain a few points that I have understood over the years:

Trouser patterns come in different shapes. For easier understanding, will generalize and simplify a few things here:
1. Traditional trousers were made to sit a little high on the waist, wrap comfortably around the hips and fall cleanly over the legs.
2. Jeans, on the other hand, we made to sit slightly lower and hug the body.
3. Both these items would use very different shaped patterns
4. Over time, the 2 patterns started merging - to make chinos, to make slimmer pants and quite often just because someone was trying to copy without fully understanding them.
5. Today we see a platitude of fits and pattern techniques, some of which have emerged trough hard-work and research and some through accident
6. At Luxire, with trousers being our primary product, we have devised our pattern over-time, relying on feedback. Our jeans pattern is a derivation of our trouser pattern
7. When measurements are translated into patterns, they are done onto the base pattern technique of the maker. It would result in a fit that is different. It may feel better or sometimes not.
8. If you like something of your's that fits well, we recommend that it is sent to us for replication of fit.
9. Do give the garment some initial wear if possible. Our perspective may change after the first reaction. The next pattern can be made to incorporate the preferences.
10. The initial iterations are an investment. In the long run, a well formed Luxire(or any other good tailor) pattern can really enrich our lives.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody can link me the thickest, most opaque, linen-cotton blend white shirting fabric?

Also, can Luxire use smoke MOP buttons for dark color shirts?

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How can I order it in Europe? Unfortunately I didn't find this fabric on your german website.
We are in the final stages of syncing both website fabrics. In the interim, do send us an email and we will enable ordering of this.

Also linking website stock with our store record so that we seldom send fabric regret mails.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant lustrous khaki and sand.
Most shades are available. Just send us an email and we can guide you further.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads