• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some advice as this is my first time ordering from an online-MTM store:

1. Is the shirt measuring process easy to perform? As in, would it be easy to mess up for someone with no experience in measuring shirts? My alternative is shipping an existing well-fitting shirt in, but I am worried about potential transit issues as FedEx recently lost a very expensive item that I shipped with them. As I'm just starting my collection, that shirt is currently my best fitting dress shirt by far (MTM).

2. I'm looking to get a new premium standard white dress shirt for formal events and weddings, as well as occasionally for business. I see there are a lot of options on the website (Warzone, Warzone Plus, Classic Poplin, etc), does anyone have a recommendation for one to start with?

ive sent in a handful of things to replicate and never had any issues. Highly recommend to follow this route

exfalso

Reaction score
@boot_owl

I have been looking at this.

That happens to be my last order, and I must note that the trousers shrank considerably (~ 1" in length). The fabric itself is great, so much so that I will probably get another pair, but you might want to be careful.

monkk

Reaction score
That happens to be my last order, and I must note that the trousers shrank considerably (~ 1" in length). The fabric itself is great, so much so that I will probably get another pair, but you might want to be careful.
What is the style here - casual chino? I see slanted pockets but with double stitching. Was looking exactly same for casual chino pair, but was not sure what to refer.

Daraven

Reaction score
Can anyone share pictures of the "ONE PIECE HIDDEN BUTTON BAND COLLAR + NECK BAND" and what exactly is the difference to the "ONE PIECE HIDDEN BUTTON COLLAR + PLACKET" option?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire end-on-end shirt and VBC Prunnelle twill light grey trousers. I love these trousers. The drape is great and they breath fairly well. Would highly recommend the Prunnelle trousers. I've scooped up all the grey shades with this model.
IMG_20210712_081020.jpg

IMG_20210712_124424.jpg

IMG_20210712_082518_edit_681769138821489.jpg
IMG_20210712_082705_edit_681844217507935.jpg
IMG_20210712_080604_edit_681524089236630.jpg

Last edited:

yeknal

Reaction score
I haven't ordered anything from Luxire in a few years (around 2017 ish). Can you still reference an old order # for a template to start with? Has anything changed in the past few years? It looks like they have made some improvements to the website and turnaround time (both of which were never an issue for me).

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't ordered anything from Luxire in a few years (around 2017 ish). Can you still reference an old order # for a template to start with? Has anything changed in the past few years? It looks like they have made some improvements to the website and turnaround time (both of which were never an issue for me).
Yes, you can order referencing old order numbers.

In terms of change, though the ethos has remained the same, we have been making constant improvements.
In the last 6 months, our average customer satisfaction rating has increased to 4.8 from 3.6 over the last 3 years.

If you do not mind, what kept you away for this long period?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire shirt and trousers. The VBC brown tropical 4-ply is great. The drape on these is excellent and it holds a crease well. Another bonus is that the fabric is pretty much wrinkle free. It's fairly heavy, but you won't even notice as it remains cool and breathes well. Surface offers enough visual interest as well. Highly recommended. Any plans on re-stocking the light grey, @luxire ? https://www.luxire.com/products/vbc-lightgrey_853610_4415?_pos=12&_sid=a933cdefa&_ss=r#/
IMG_20210715_074825.jpg
IMG_20210715_080022.jpg
IMG_20210715_080256_edit_799745762321715.jpg

Last edited:

yeknal

Reaction score
Yes, you can order referencing old order numbers.

In terms of change, though the ethos has remained the same, we have been making constant improvements.
In the last 6 months, our average customer satisfaction rating has increased to 4.8 from 3.6 over the last 3 years.

If you do not mind, what kept you away for this long period?
That’s great to hear. Changing work environments mostly. The items from past orders are still going strong in terms of quality I just need to tweak the measurements slightly to get back to the perfect fit. I love one pair of pants from a past order so much I am going to reorder them with my updated measurements.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire shirt and trousers. The VBC brown tropical 4-ply is great. The drape on these is excellent and it holds a crease well. Another bonus is that the fabric is pretty much wrinkle free. It's fairly heavy, but you won't even notice as it remains cool and breathes well. Surface offers enough visual interest as well. Highly recommended. Any plans on re-stocking the light grey, @luxire ? https://www.luxire.com/products/vbc-lightgrey_853610_4415?_pos=12&_sid=a933cdefa&_ss=r#/
View attachment 1639118 View attachment 1639119 View attachment 1639120
Looks good. What fabric is the shirt?

marchello

Reaction score
View attachment 1639118 View attachment 1639119 View attachment 1639120

There are lovely! Are these as scratchy as the Minnis Fresco?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are lovely! Are these as scratchy as the Minnis Fresco?
Thank you, sir. Not for me, but I could see how people consider them as scratchy. But as I said, I don't think so. But I don't consider fresco minnis as scratchy either. I line all my trousers at the front to the knees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads