• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Daraven

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is always the risk of some miscommunication along the way but I’ve always found them to be fair in figuring out a solution. It might make sense for you to send in the original pair to copy as well as these for adjustments to that.
I agree fully, in my experience Luxire has always been super helpful when issues arise. Of course it sucks when an order gets messed up but I think it’s worth remembering that even with in person MTM/custom clothing things go wrong. With Luxire it’s all online and mostly via email communication. Considering that, and their approach to fixing problems, there is not too much to complain about imo.

alan_t

Reaction score
I agree that they are generally pretty good. I have good experience with the shirt I ordered from them last time.
But this one is pretty bad... I could see why they adjusted the measurements, but how could one not see the issues with the drawstrings? lol, like if they just take a look a the finished product, they would notice it. I wonder if they even bothered to do any QC.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I agree that they are generally pretty good. I have good experience with the shirt I ordered from them last time.
But this one is pretty bad... I could see why they adjusted the measurements, but how could one not see the issues with the drawstrings? lol, like if they just take a look a the finished product, they would notice it. I wonder if they even bothered to do any QC.

Our QC process is amazing. We check each measurement and each style detail for each garment we make. There are rare misses, which happened with the drawstring here.
The measurement changes were made based on our process for the kind of request received.
It may not have worked for you but we have a way of fixing this.

As for communication, in our experience, most customers do not understand these nuances and asking them questions leads to more confusions. Though post-facto, we may not feel the same.

Drawstring pants fit differently. Even for my own drawstring pants, I had to go through a few iterations before getting to a fit I was comfortable with.

Hence it is better to do a remake if the process does not work for customer, for whatever reason.
It has one more advantage - remake also helps us fix issues that the customer does not perceive as errors.
Overall, it leads to better satisfaction. There is just an initial hump we need to tide over. We can do it together.

alan_t

Reaction score
I am already working with customer support to get this fixed.
I do hope it will work out in the end.

Cuebert

Reaction score
What fusing works best for the roll of a nice Button down; fused/unfused? Which strength? Anyone with experience?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What fusing works best for the roll of a nice Button down; fused/unfused? Which strength? Anyone with experience?
On a classic oxford, unlined is very popular. On lighter fabrics, a bit of an unfused interlining will work similarly well.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
I went unlined/unfused with my OCBDs. For my linen buttondown I went with a lined collar, it still looks great and has a solid roll.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Do you have any ecru denim for jeans in 100% cotton, and do you have capacity to do swatches ATM?

Also, do you have any photos of previous DB jackets that you have made?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any ecru denim for jeans in 100% cotton, and do you have capacity to do swatches ATM?

Also, do you have any photos of previous DB jackets that you have made?
Ecru denim - Yes, a few good options available now
Swatches - Yes
DB jacket - Will get back :)

boot_owl

Reaction score
Ecru denim - Yes, a few good options available now
Swatches - Yes
DB jacket - Will get back :)

Do you have any photos or links to the ecru options? I've seen a few ~90% cotton bull denim but I'm looking for 100% :)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any photos or links to the ecru options? I've seen a few ~90% cotton bull denim but I'm looking for 100% :)
New fabrics were received a few weeks ago and are not listed yet. Will share some info.
It will be nice if you can send an email.

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
If you have an out-of-stock fabric in your wishlist, do you get an email notice when it’s back in stock?

KevSF

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some advice as this is my first time ordering from an online-MTM store:

1. Is the shirt measuring process easy to perform? As in, would it be easy to mess up for someone with no experience in measuring shirts? My alternative is shipping an existing well-fitting shirt in, but I am worried about potential transit issues as FedEx recently lost a very expensive item that I shipped with them. As I'm just starting my collection, that shirt is currently my best fitting dress shirt by far (MTM).

2. I'm looking to get a new premium standard white dress shirt for formal events and weddings, as well as occasionally for business. I see there are a lot of options on the website (Warzone, Warzone Plus, Classic Poplin, etc), does anyone have a recommendation for one to start with?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads