• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire The wool rich camel is sold out. The other colors are the washable wool?
Yes, they are all washable.
We will be restocking the camel in fall 2021

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, how will that work? Do you add that fabric to the website for selection?
Just send us an email. We will guide you through the ordering process.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Have the prewashing routines changed since january 2020? Last time I ordered jeans around that time they shrank to be almost unwearable.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have the prewashing routines changed since january 2020? Last time I ordered jeans around that time they shrank to be almost unwearable.
All denim/jeans are now pre-washed, unless requested otherwise.

Serving wannabe raw jeans enthusiasts was becoming a pain.
Seasoned guys know what to expect from raw jeans.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
All denim/jeans are now pre-washed, unless requested otherwise.

Serving wannabe raw jeans enthusiasts was becoming a pain.
Seasoned guys know what to expect from raw jeans.
Unfortunately, I'm a wannabe seasoned guy.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm a wannabe seasoned guy.

We have you covered

1620915304474.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I did ask for pre-wash at the time, though, which prompted my original question.
Please send us an email. We can check your order and let you know.

nubirth

Reaction score
@luxire Your denim jackets. How are they ordered? (Sizing) Are they preset sizes or do I need to figure out my sizing and send it to luxire?

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
I could use some advice re: linen suiting. I would like one in either a navy or tobacco brown. I will wear it in the depths of the midwestern American summer. This will be my first linen suit so I am not sure what weight to get and whether the fabrics enumerated below are viable options.

1) Navy Irish Linen

@luxire can you tell me what weight this is and whether you think it would make for a good suit?

2) Navy Linen Cotton Canvas

Will this be breathable enough for a suit that will be worn in the 90s and up? I know 11oz isn’t too heavy for linen but does the cotton canvas aspect make this too heavy for hot weather? Will this be too scratchy if made into an unlined suit?

3) Dugdale Tobacco Linen

Is 9oz heavy enough? As I understand it, the lighter the linen the more prone to wrinkles. Since this is the less staid of the two color options, do I run the risk of highlighting the non-conservative business dress-ness of the suit by making it in a lighter weight?

Finally, I know I want it partially unlined. Will telling @luxire I want it buggy lined suffice for directions or should I be more specific? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I could use some advice re: linen suiting. I would like one in either a navy or tobacco brown. I will wear it in the depths of the midwestern American summer. This will be my first linen suit so I am not sure what weight to get and whether the fabrics enumerated below are viable options.

1) Navy Irish Linen

@luxire can you tell me what weight this is and whether you think it would make for a good suit?

Will this be breathable enough for a suit that will be worn in the 90s and up? I know 11oz isn’t too heavy for linen but does the cotton canvas aspect make this too heavy for hot weather? Will this be too scratchy if made into an unlined suit?

3) Dugdale Tobacco Linen

Is 9oz heavy enough? As I understand it, the lighter the linen the more prone to wrinkles. Since this is the less staid of the two color options, do I run the risk of highlighting the non-conservative business dress-ness of the suit by making it in a lighter weight?

Finally, I know I want it partially unlined. Will telling @luxire I want it buggy lined suffice for directions or should I be more specific? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I really like the Dugdale 9oz - yes it is heavy enough, but it definitely wouldn't be anywhere close to conservative business dress. It is heavy enough to drape while performing well in my hot Australian summers

WhereNext

Reaction score

1) Navy Irish Linen

3) Dugdale Tobacco Linen

Always be specific as Luxire deals with lots of custom orders so assuming that there is just one definition for "buggy lined" (just as an example) is probably leaving yourself open to miscommunication and/or disappointment.
The cotton-canvas cloth is not scratchy, but I also wouldn't call it especially breathable or light. I have a pair of pants in it and would think a suit in it would be more Spring appropriate than 90-100 degree Summer....everyone's heat tolerance varies, though!
Just to your last point, linen suits are unlikely to be thought of as "conservative dress" in many places, no matter what the color of the suit is. Obviously, darker and more traditional colors like navy and grey would be MORE conservative, but linen is distinctly different than wool and the linen-cotton canvas has significant texture that will denote it as not particularly conservative (even though it doesn't wrinkly anything like plain linen).

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Your denim jackets. How are they ordered? (Sizing) Are they preset sizes or do I need to figure out my sizing and send it to luxire?
Though we have standard sizes, best to do custom measurements to get the perfect fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads