• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Shipping through European entity is expected start next week.

In terms of process, everything is possible.
One way to go about it:
1. You send us an email letting us know what you are interested in, we quote you a price
2. You provide your measurements, style details or send us your existing jacket/suit for replication (we arrange for pickup)
3. In about 4 weeks, we ship you the suit.
4. If there are any changes you would like, the suit is sent back for alterations

We no longer recommend makinng a trial in canvas or to send a semi-finished jacket as trial, but can be done if desired.

What it basically means is a slightly higher price on the site, but no customs or additional costs when shipping? Any other "perks" for european customers?

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Any altered costs associated with the European entity? I.e. should we place our orders quickly or wait until next week?

steiger

Reaction score

In terms of process, everything is possible.
One way to go about it:
1. You send us an email letting us know what you are interested in, we quote you a price
2. You provide your measurements, style details or send us your existing jacket/suit for replication (we arrange for pickup)
3. In about 4 weeks, we ship you the suit.
4. If there are any changes you would like, the suit is sent back for alterations

We no longer recommend makinng a trial in canvas or to send a semi-finished jacket as trial, but can be done if desired.
Thanks. My problem is I don't really trust myself to get the measurement right and expect a perfect fit and I don't have any bespoke/perfect old MTM suits for you guys to replicate. If I did I understand it would be easy as I have understood that you are masters in replicating stuff :)

WhereNext

Reaction score
Thanks. My problem is I don't really trust myself to get the measurement right and expect a perfect fit and I don't have any bespoke/perfect old MTM suits for you guys to replicate. If I did I understand it would be easy as I have understood that you are masters in replicating stuff :)
I solved this problem by flying from Cape Town to Bangalore and going directly to the Luxire workshop. Seems totally reasonable.....
Kidding! Well, that is what I did, but I'm not proposing international travel as a normal solution. I do think sending them something to copy is the best way to go about things (they nailed the pattern for my shirts and pants that way). You don't have to send them something bespoke/MTM to copy, I'd look around and see if you can find a cheap jacket/pants/suit (maybe vintage or on EBay or something), have it tailored locally to fit well, then send that in to Luxire to copy. Even if you have something close, you can always say "copy this but change the pockets in this way/reduce sleeve length by/taper trouser legs from the knees by?etc."
Just another option to consider!

fykchang

Reaction score
Came across a ready-to-ship jacket today.

View attachment 1563648
This is my order and just receive the suit a couple days ago. I decided to give Luxire a try from reading this forum for a while so here are my feedback based on this order

There is significant hand work through out - for the value you paid, I have not no complaint. The button holes are well done, hand picked stitched canvas and hand set collar. I decided to go with Ghurka trouser; again workmanship is satisfactory.

However, there are few problems as well. The seam on the jacket shoulder seems to be unsymmetrical(where the shoulder seam meets the sleeve is different on each side as I have Spella Camicia sleeves). The gorge can be higher for trendier look. As for the trouser, I had a long/high rise measurement, the fly can be longer by around 1.5" forwards the crouch but the trouser fit is excellent; however, there were not handwork on the trouser, except some pick stitch on the pockets and fly; the waist band lining were sewn by machine.

Other issue are more fit related, for me specifically on the jacket. I decided not to send a sample jacket to Luxire to copy because I have gained some weight in the waist area and provided my measurement based on their measuring guide. Unfortunately, I have some issue with shoulder puckering and back of the jacket (near the arm pit area) puckering.

I have sent few emails to them and proposed some options for resolution but have yet to hear back - seems like they only respond quickly on sales related inquiries.

Going forward, I would suggest to send in your best fit garmet for them to copy since in person measurement is currently impossible. I have no doubt they can meet your need on any style request. Personally, I plan to order again once these issues are resolved.

Attaching couple pictures as the suit is a navy in heavy VBC flannel with silver paisley color lining.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

the arbitrary

Reaction score
@luxire
1.What's the reason for no longer recommending it?
And you mean, $95 for the trial jacket, right?
2. Is it better just to send my suits (even though not best fit, but just enough to refer to like, -2 cm from the chest, +1 cm in sleeve length etc.) with shipping prepay for $35? That way, I only pay $35 and then both the ordered jacket and my jacket are delivered to me at the same time, right?

boot_owl

Reaction score
This is my order and just receive the suit a couple days ago. I decided to give Luxire a try from reading this forum for a while so here are my feedback based on this order

There is significant hand work through out - for the value you paid, I have not no complaint. The button holes are well done, hand picked stitched canvas and hand set collar. I decided to go with Ghurka trouser; again workmanship is satisfactory.

However, there are few problems as well. The seam on the jacket shoulder seems to be unsymmetrical(where the shoulder seam meets the sleeve is different on each side as I have Spella Camicia sleeves). The gorge can be higher for trendier look. As for the trouser, I had a long/high rise measurement, the fly can be longer by around 1.5" forwards the crouch but the trouser fit is excellent; however, there were not handwork on the trouser, except some pick stitch on the pockets and fly; the waist band lining were sewn by machine.

Other issue are more fit related, for me specifically on the jacket. I decided not to send a sample jacket to Luxire to copy because I have gained some weight in the waist area and provided my measurement based on their measuring guide. Unfortunately, I have some issue with shoulder puckering and back of the jacket (near the arm pit area) puckering.

I have sent few emails to them and proposed some options for resolution but have yet to hear back - seems like they only respond quickly on sales related inquiries.

Going forward, I would suggest to send in your best fit garmet for them to copy since in person measurement is currently impossible. I have no doubt they can meet your need on any style request. Personally, I plan to order again once these issues are resolved.

Attaching couple pictures as the suit is a navy in heavy VBC flannel with silver paisley color lining.
I think the gorge you have looks excellent, but I lean more towards a lower gorge these days. Would be great to see it on you in a photo!

Since were posting About Luxire jackets, here are some photos of mine again:
504FC134-A746-434F-AFFE-92F68C85DE6A.jpeg
792EC7E4-2AAB-4380-8836-71F4FA797CC9.jpeg
apart from the pattern matching at the back seam, absolutely delighted

fykchang

Reaction score
I think the gorge you have looks excellent, but I lean more towards a lower gorge these days. Would be great to see it on you in a photo!

View attachment 1568219 View attachment 1568220 apart from the pattern matching at the back seam, absolutely delighted
I will upload some picture of the front view later when someone can help me. BTW, how is your shoulder seam, are they symmetrical?

Here are some picture of the puckering.

Attachments

• image4.png
    image4.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 86
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image0.png
    image0.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 102
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 105

boot_owl

Reaction score
I will upload some picture of the front view later when someone can help me. BTW, how is your shoulder seam, are they symmetrical?

Here are some picture of the puckering.

definitely some work that can be done. Mine aren’t exactly symmetrical, but I have asymmetrical shoulders and this is my third jacket. Luxire accurately diagnosed the alterations to the pattern needed to address some of my previous fit issues so I think it’s worth organising a send back for alteration once you can get some More photos

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody got a recommendation for Epic fabrics from Luxire? I'm thinking about making swim shorts with it.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire
1.What's the reason for no longer recommending it?
And you mean, $95 for the trial jacket, right?
2. Is it better just to send my suits (even though not best fit, but just enough to refer to like, -2 cm from the chest, +1 cm in sleeve length etc.) with shipping prepay for $35? That way, I only pay $35 and then both the ordered jacket and my jacket are delivered to me at the same time, right?
We were not seeing any value add from the trials. Shipping is anyways involved, rather send back the finished jacket for small changes.

Best to send a garment for replication only if it is a perfect fit. If changes are anyways needed, start with measurements.

emptym

Reaction score

View attachment 1568219 View attachment 1568220 apart from the pattern matching at the back seam, absolutely delighted
That looks great. Love the fabric and styling. I'd wear it with stone or light gray pants or jeans.
Anybody got a recommendation for Epic fabrics from Luxire? I'm thinking about making swim shorts with it.
I've had a harrington and a hat made of Epic fabric, red and dark gray. I like both. Luxire would prob. know which. I would never have thought of using them for swim trunks, but I like the idea. I'd get a swatch(es) first. Pls keep us posted!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are more or less out of Epic and Schoeller fabrics that are suitable for swim shorts.
Will work on sourcing again.
We do have fabrics from Eurojersey, Italy, which is Olympic grade swim material.
It is knitted though.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are more or less out of Epic and Schoeller fabrics that are suitable for swim shorts.
Will work on sourcing again.
We do have fabrics from Eurojersey, Italy, which is Olympic grade swim material.
It is knitted though.

I see, thank you for letting me know. Unfortunately I'm looking for a woven fabric for my swim shorts. Do you know how long it takes to source them again?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads