• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our new western shirt. We chose not to go overboard with the styling and kept it simple.

1614002727057.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of western, do you have any pictures of the railroad in a raw or one wash version? Interested in a sawtooth western in an unwashed indigo denim.

Couldn't find a raw image. But, can be made as desired.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire--is the Black VBC twill available for 3-day turnaround (https://luxire.com/products/vbc-vit...unnelle-110s-black-twill-vbc_887_601_5730#/)? I'm planning to order a pair of test trousers on a new pattern first, but am hoping to order the VBC's next as a replacement for my tuxedo trousers. I will need them for a wedding in May, but want to make sure I order them in time.

Thanks.
Yes, available for 3 day service.

Almost all our fabrics except are available for 3-day service, some Minnis/Fox/Dugdale/BM items.

Last edited:

Skoaky K

Reaction score
Question folks. If I wanted to raise the waistband on a pair of high rise trousers would I need to only adjust the front rise and back rise? Would I need to change the out seam as well?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question folks. If I wanted to raise the waistband on a pair of high rise trousers would I need to only adjust the front rise and back rise? Would I need to change the out seam as well?
Front rise, back rise and outseam

conak

Reaction score
Measurements question: Why is the outseam measurement required? I would think that with front rise, back rise, and inseam, there would be no point in an outseam measurement. For a given front rise, back rise, and inseam length, is there actually any possible play with the outseam length? If so, how does it affect fit?

alfredt

Reaction score
Measurements question: Why is the outseam measurement required? I would think that with front rise, back rise, and inseam, there would be no point in an outseam measurement. For a given front rise, back rise, and inseam length, is there actually any possible play with the outseam length? If so, how does it affect fit?

I believe it has to do with having bowlegs or knock-knees. If you have normal alignment your outseam is equal to inseam + rise but if you have knoknees the outseam can be made shorter and if you are bow-legged the outseam can be made longer? I'm no tailor so I'm not sure but this makes sense in my head.

1614180054973.png

conak

Reaction score
I believe it has to do with having bowlegs or knock-knees. If you have normal alignment your outseam is equal to inseam + rise but if you have knoknees the outseam can be made shorter and if you are bow-legged the outseam can be made longer? I'm no tailor so I'm not sure but this makes sense in my head.

View attachment 1561725

Thanks, that does make sense. This is very useful since I am mildly knock-kneed. Found this online based on your theory, so looks like you are correct:

1614180738791.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads