• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

boot_owl

Reaction score
when sending trousers for replication, what are the chances of a wedgie? I had a terrible experience with test trousers, measuring myself, measuring trousers and agreeing to whatever luxire suggested... now I have a very reasonable pattern with different tailor, I'd prefer to order from them, but the Holland and sherry cloth is not available anymore from them... I wouldn't want to get a wedgie on a 400£ trousers...
My copied trousers and shirts have been phenomenal. Jacket required some additional alterations but is looking real nice now, will post soon

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
when sending trousers for replication, what are the chances of a wedgie? I had a terrible experience with test trousers, measuring myself, measuring trousers and agreeing to whatever luxire suggested... now I have a very reasonable pattern with different tailor, I'd prefer to order from them, but the Holland and sherry cloth is not available anymore from them... I wouldn't want to get a wedgie on a 400£ trousers...
Saw your email. Your order was from August 2019.

Anyone whose pattern precedes November 2020 and has had fit issues, we recommend starting afresh.
Our geometry of our older pattern technique worked very well for some customers but not as well for some others.
The new geometry works well for most customers. A similar technique is used by the best tailors in the world.

But sending well-fitting pants an equally good option to restart.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Saw your email. Your order was from August 2019.

Anyone whose pattern precedes November 2020 and has had fit issues, we recommend starting afresh.
Our geometry of our older pattern technique worked very well for some customers but not as well for some others.
The new geometry works well for most customers. A similar technique is used by the best tailors in the world.

But sending well-fitting pants an equally good option to restart.
soo do you still have flannel I mentioned? thanks!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
soo do you still have flannel I mentioned? thanks!
We are checking that with the mill. We will reply to your email once we have a word.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
We are checking that with the mill. We will reply to your email once we have a word.
Thanks! No rush! I’m pretty sure it’s not on Holland and sherrry books already, and the only reason I contacted you was because you still show picture of it... anyway it will be project for when corona in London is over...

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Printed denim chambray pocketing

1611413006820.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

boot_owl

Reaction score
Received this Ethomas plaid jacket last week. My third jacket from luxire - they raised the armhole on my pattern, lowered the gorge and buttoning point, and took it in a bit at the waist. I’m pretty pleased - only thing worth addressing are a bit of roll near the collar on the shoulders and the pattern matching on the back seam

148C8DBF-D225-420F-9A1D-B17480FF0282.jpeg
7B441F90-CC60-4031-B3DB-B9EE72C81B54.jpeg
2906AA22-D19A-48E8-9397-EBA4F32D701E.jpeg
833AC9D2-62E0-489F-B2AC-95B5FCA32498.jpeg

Here’s the previous iteration (second jacket):

0642E38D-DDE8-4072-81F7-9AB6204BB6A3.jpeg
61F9F7F1-07F4-4BBB-B95C-2FDFE3D9B1FB.jpeg
31230F74-223F-4053-8ECB-B982E824628D.jpeg
EF09AC2B-960B-48C2-A978-097F7BA8D7D8.jpeg

Megakurth

Reaction score
Received this Ethomas plaid jacket last week. My third jacket from luxire - they raised the armhole on my pattern, lowered the gorge and buttoning point, and took it in a bit at the waist. I’m pretty pleased - only thing worth addressing are a bit of roll near the collar on the shoulders and the pattern matching on the back seam

View attachment 1541861 View attachment 1541862 View attachment 1541863 View attachment 1541864
Here’s the previous iteration (second jacket):

View attachment 1541865 View attachment 1541866 View attachment 1541867 View attachment 1541869
Looks nice overall. On the new jacket, I notice a bit of a roll/“wave” on the collar itself (you can notice on the one side especially). Is that due to a press or is the collar in theory a bit too short? I’ve had this on several of my Luxire jackets and noticed on several other member photos. I think we’ve gotten to the root and fixed it in at least one, but wondering if it’s just part of their standard pattern and something that others are having challenges with.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Looks nice overall. On the new jacket, I notice a bit of a roll/“wave” on the collar itself (you can notice on the one side especially). Is that due to a press or is the collar in theory a bit too short? I’ve had this on several of my Luxire jackets and noticed on several other member photos. I think we’ve gotten to the root and fixed it in at least one, but wondering if it’s just part of their standard pattern and something that others are having challenges with.

I'd say the lighting exaggerates it a little but it's not press related - a common issue for many of my jackets. Couldn't say whether it is an issue with their pattern as the left shoulder is quite clean, and that's my 'normal' shoulder

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics