• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We miss it too.

I think this a more mature way of doing it. We can choose to eat at the right time or when we are hungry. We are not being forced to eat in the fear of missing a delicacy.

At our end, we are a lot more at peace. This relaxed environment is being used to improve our service and products.

We have created a new pattern technique that allows us to create really slim pants while maintaining the perfect fit and comfort at the seat.

kurenai

Reaction score
Luxire Garment Bag

I commissioned several garment bags from Luxire, some in navy (shown in the pictures below) and some in dark olive (to be received). The material was carefully selected; the cotton twill, of choice, is a hefty 9oz, which offers physical protection when travelling, and the nature of the cotton allows for breathability. Of course, as per any good garment bag, moths are kept out.

Thank you to Ashish and the team at Luxire for helping me find better ways of taking of my wardrobe.

These bags are feature-packed:
(i) buttonholes at the top for hangers to pass through.
(ii) a tab composed of cotton to cover the buttonholes (preventing dust ingress)
(iii) a cotton canvas tab at the bottom to allow for the bag to fold in half)
(iv) YKK zippers
(v) transparent window (helpful for identifying what's inside)
(vi) diagonal opening for ease of inserting and removing garments

Are these garment bags available ??

Interested in picking some up if so

dluce76

Reaction score
Second jacket from Luxire, at a crazy price atm. Looking pretty good - will need to address the roll at the collar a bit, lengthen sleeves, and I’m considering taking in the waist a touch. I particularly enjoy the lapels and open rounded quarters, which I specifically requested. View attachment 1504271
Reference jacket for measurements, not for style:
@boot_owl

How do you like the fabric? Is it relatively lightweight? I'm considering this one for my second jacket commission.

boot_owl

Reaction score
@boot_owl

How do you like the fabric? Is it relatively lightweight? I'm considering this one for my second jacket commission.

Nothing mind blowing but certainly nice enough. 10oz so medium weight, but it feels light enough for me to wear in Australian Summer without much difficulty.

klp2332

Reaction score
Are these garment bags available ??

Interested in picking some up if so

I think that they are! Luxire would do well to create a product page for these bags, in various colours and/or sizes! I have a feeling they could really sell in that they fill a gap in the market.

I am certainly happy with mine.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am planning on ordering a luxire peacoat. Can you tell me more about the heavy black 30oz wool? Is it Melton wool? Tight weave? Prone to piling etc? Also is it available in midnight navy?
It is a tightly packed Melton. No pilling. Will last a few lifetimes. A little stiff.
Available in black, tan and grey herringbone.
The navy is 24 oz. It is soft and comfortable.

jayvee

Reaction score
Reckon you can make something like this?

1606809616954.jpeg
1606809616954.jpeg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Textbook

Reaction score
I don't know if I've missed something but Luxire seem to be charging for things that used to be free?

I've just ordered my 6th pair of trousers.

After clicking through to confirm the order, I realised the website had added $30 for the Extra Long Extended closure with double tab that I'd chosen and $10 for internal lining to knee.

Pretty sure these used to just be included? I know the Gurka waistband (of which I have 2 x trousers) was always charged at $30 extra because of the extra work involved) but the other high waistband styles (of which I have several) were just included in the price?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know if I've missed something but Luxire seem to be charging for things that used to be free?

I've just ordered my 6th pair of trousers.

After clicking through to confirm the order, I realised the website had added $30 for the Extra Long Extended closure with double tab that I'd chosen and $10 for internal lining to knee.

Pretty sure these used to just be included? I know the Gurka waistband (of which I have 2 x trousers) was always charged at $30 extra because of the extra work involved) but the other high waistband styles (of which I have several) were just included in the price?
Yes, the charges have been added.
Double tabs require extra effort similar to Gurkha pants. Lining is extra effort and extra material.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the charges have been added.
Double tabs require extra effort similar to Gurkha pants. Lining is extra effort and extra material.
Just to be clear, if I just chose a fabric and write in the notes that I want you to fabricate a pair of trousers from an earlier order that has lining, will you add the extra cost of lining after my initial payment? Just want to make sure that the lining is not missed when I pick a fabric and ask you to replicate.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just to be clear, if I just chose a fabric and write in the notes that I want you to fabricate a pair of trousers from an earlier order that has lining, will you add the extra cost of lining after my initial payment? Just want to make sure that the lining is not missed when I pick a fabric and ask you to replicate.
It is better to add the cost of lining when placing the order.
Sending email later for extra payment is an added exercise and not too pleasant.
Also, we are dependent on the judgement of the person processing the order.

We are gradually moving towards a system where notes and "afterthought emails" will be discouraged.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is better to add the cost of lining when placing the order.
Sending email later for extra payment is an added exercise and not too pleasant.
Also, we are dependent on the judgement of the person processing the order.

We are gradually moving towards a system where notes and "afterthought emails" will be discouraged.
Thanks. I can understand that. Just wanted to know how to proceed in order to replicate an earlier pair of trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads