• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new pair of Luxire pants came in and it fits pretty well but it has some issues around the bottom of the seat area. When compared to my bespoke trousers, I noticed that where the front and back rise meet, the bespoke trousers places it 0.5" closer to the fly than Luxire's.

What's the best way to explain this to Luxire? @luxire @LuxireStudio

IMG_20200922_150452.jpg

IMG_20200919_105942 (1).jpg

boot_owl

Reaction score

Xune

Reaction score
Sounds like you have some grief with your government, not Luxire. Presumably, you are in a high tax jurisdiction but are getting the benefits of said taxation.
I suspect he expected that value of the parcel will be declared low so that there's no tax or very low.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of shipping to norway, I've just received a 2170,- import fee bill for my 4200,- order, long after the order was delivered. No option to pre pay, no warning this was going to happen.

Not great stuff, guys.

I am guessing that DHL has demanded better documentation, maybe they have gotten conspicious after thousand of packages with 5 dollar shirts.

You got unlucky once and lucky 25 times. Now they have include Norwegian VAT in their check out and I dont think luxire is to be blamed.

stuck_in_norway

Reaction score
I am guessing that DHL has demanded better documentation, maybe they have gotten conspicious after thousand of packages with 5 dollar shirts.

You got unlucky once and lucky 25 times. Now they have include Norwegian VAT in their check out and I dont think luxire is to be blamed.

See my previous post. I fully understand luxire is not in charge of norwegian customs.

shoesforever

Reaction score
Yeah, we kind of do have a problem with our Norwegian government hehe. Almost everything has a high tax.
For example when we shop in countries, which are part of the European Union, they will deduct VAT. This way we don't have to pay double the VAT, but do pay 10,7% tax on top as well as the DHL fee. The issue here would be that our tax system and Luxire's new policy, now makes Luxire's products as expensive as in store MTM more or less. This in turn is kind of like banning and effectively excluding all future Norwegian customers. Thus the complaint. Norway is also a pretty small market compared to other countries, so it won't affect Luxire very much.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I tried emailing Luxire, haven't heard back, so thought maybe I'd try here.

Has anyone ever made up a pair of easy pants? Something with elastic in the back? Would you put your normal waist size in and Luxire accounts for the stretch? i.e. If I'm a 34" waist, the pants will be made up with a 32" waist to account for stretch.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I tried emailing Luxire, haven't heard back, so thought maybe I'd try here.

Has anyone ever made up a pair of easy pants? Something with elastic in the back? Would you put your normal waist size in and Luxire accounts for the stretch? i.e. If I'm a 34" waist, the pants will be made up with a 32" waist to account for stretch.

Elastic waist pants can get quite uncomfortable when there is not enough room.
I would suggest 34. Have a drawstring added for adjustment.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elastic waist pants can get quite uncomfortable when there is not enough room.
I would suggest 34. Have a drawstring added for adjustment.

I can attest to this. I had a pair made in a stretchy Corduroy with the elastic and drawstring waist and they are like wearing pajamas and have officially replaced my sweatpants for around the house.

-DL

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some good news:
We are in week 2 of the trial of our 3-day service. Most orders received are being made and shipped in 3 days. Add another 2-3 days for delivery. Your made-to-measure garment, delivered in a week.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Some good news:
We are in week 2 of the trial of our 3-day service. Most orders received are being made and shipped in 3 days. Add another 2-3 days for delivery. Your made-to-measure garment, delivered in a week.
¿This is only for no specifications or corrections order right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads