• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
I received past week my denim and is very good and feels great value even compared to rtw. Has anyone tried light blue denim with luxire? I have seen some photos on the web but they look weird. has anyone something similar to this? maybe @luxire has some photos
1598214738720.png
1598214773990.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is the "fade" jeans that is woven to a light shade.
Combined with a fade wash, this will show the aged look.

The two images you share above are jeans that were washed from a darker shade.

1598238861149.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t know why but it looks so weird to me. Has anyone any photos wearing it or with natural light?

This is not a natural fade. It is a lighter shade of denim. This, with a faded patina will look like you want it to look.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Looks too uniformly pale IMO
yea but if you look at the angloitalian jeans (first picture) it also is uniform. The difference I think is in the edges. The angloitalian edges look faded while Luxire ones look clean.

This is not a natural fade. It is a lighter shade of denim. This, with a faded patina will look like you want it to look.
If I choose the dark denim can you fade it like the original pictures? Any photos?

boot_owl

Reaction score
yea but if you look at the angloitalian jeans (first picture) it also is uniform. The difference I think is in the edges. The angloitalian edges look faded while Luxire ones look clean.

If I choose the dark denim can you fade it like the original pictures? Any photos?

I disagree, the seams have different shades. Perhaps the Anglo italian ones were garment washed while the luxire ones were washed before cutting.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
I disagree, the seams have different shades. Perhaps the Anglo italian ones were garment washed while the luxire ones were washed before cutting.
yes that was what I was referring to. The seams are faded and that's what makes the look. I made some quick and dirty photoshop to the luxire ones and applied only faded seams and looks much more normal.
1598271827207.jpeg

boot_owl

Reaction score
yes that was what I was referring to. The seams are faded and that's what makes the look. I made some quick and dirty photoshop to the luxire ones and applied only faded seams and looks much more normal.
View attachment 1446263
Apologies, I should’ve read the second sentence. I believe luxire offers wash-fading to pretty much any shade for additional cost.

angusangus

Reaction score

The first photo you have posted is of jeans that were originally dyed dark blue and then garment washed / stonewashed to fade them in the factory, much like most Levis or other jeans sold in mainstream outlets. That kind of washing is usually the province of large manufacturers only, although Luxire is able to do some pre-washing. The second photo you have posted looks like actual wear of a pair of darker jeans due to long term use (it is possible that there was some factory fading done, but we would need a closer photo to see). The Luxire photo is of jeans that are uniformly dyed a light colour, which will of course look subtly but unmistakeably different from a dark garment that has faded. What you refer to as the difference in "the edges" is the visual variation that arises from fading due to wear and tear, which is mimicked by the garment washing process.

Many people on this and other forums would blanch at the idea of buying pre-faded jeans and prefer the look that comes with natural fading that reflects your body shape and use. But each to their own and machine-faded jeans like those in the first photo have their own appeal (see "norm-core")

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire When do you think it will be possible again to order swatches?
Hopefully soon. The fabric team is now fully staffed. They do have some backlog. Once it clears, we will start fulfilling swatch orders.

Last edited:

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
The first photo you have posted is of jeans that were originally dyed dark blue and then garment washed / stonewashed to fade them in the factory, much like most Levis or other jeans sold in mainstream outlets. That kind of washing is usually the province of large manufacturers only, although Luxire is able to do some pre-washing. The second photo you have posted looks like actual wear of a pair of darker jeans due to long term use (it is possible that there was some factory fading done, but we would need a closer photo to see). The Luxire photo is of jeans that are uniformly dyed a light colour, which will of course look subtly but unmistakeably different from a dark garment that has faded. What you refer to as the difference in "the edges" is the visual variation that arises from fading due to wear and tear, which is mimicked by the garment washing process.

Many people on this and other forums would blanch at the idea of buying pre-faded jeans and prefer the look that comes with natural fading that reflects your body shape and use. But each to their own and machine-faded jeans like those in the first photo have their own appeal (see "norm-core")
Yes, but you can rarely fade dark denim to that point unless you buy some very rare pair from Japan or something like that. I was just curious how Luxire fading looked because I want light denim but I won't order unless I see some photos.
Bellow you can see a pair I bought 4-5 years ago from Japanese fabric which was almost black at the beginning.
1598352875952.jpeg

angusangus

Reaction score
Yes, but you can rarely fade dark denim to that point unless you buy some very rare pair from Japan or something like that.

Nice fades. However, I'm not sure I agree: you'd be surprised what can be achieved by putting some fine japanese jeans in the normal washing machine cycle after every wear or two just like you would for your underwear and tshirts for a year. It looks a lot like the first photo. Source: got married, wife would no longer tolerate the "no wash fades" lifestyle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads