• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
I have the same problem with a similar color (Apple fresco cotton) indeed caused by bleach. Would it be possible to re-dye them?
We can try doing so, with a darker color.
Not a standard service we provide, but, something we do have access to.
With reference to this thread I went ahead and bought some dye at the hardware store and dyed my trousers. No trace of the bleached stain remains. Again, I allowed a stain remover meant for whites to sit on those trousers for far too long so your mileage may vary depending on the agent used. I'd imagine Luxire has access to better quality dyes so I see no reason for it not to work when going through them.

mr_igloo

Reaction score
So I received my pair of fit trial pants a couple days ago, and although its not terrible, there are a few problems.
First, the back crotch seam is too tight in my seat, resulting in the "wedgie" effect that others on here also seem to have a problem with when ordering pants from Luxire. The pants are also constraining in the crotch when I sit down.
Second, although my hip and thighs are average, the pants seem to fit too tight in this area as well. Especially given the fact that the pocket slits are cut rather small, this makes the pants feel constraining when sitting or using the pockets.
Third, the pleats open up and do not look very pronounced. In fact for a pleated pair of pants, the fronts look quite flat. I guess this is related to the fact that the hip area is a bit tight.
I find these issues a little strange because I ordered the pants with a standard "regular fit" based on my waist and inseam measurements. Most rtw pants have a better fit so it kind of defeats the purpose of mtm.

Any suggestions on how to solve these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
117768138_1443511155845615_5104885488808124967_n.jpg
117771111_417898052503720_8430984397056293279_n.jpg
118033083_3858123704203355_3018803613521974347_n.png

boot_owl

Reaction score
So I received my pair of fit trial pants a couple days ago, and although its not terrible, there are a few problems.
First, the back crotch seam is too tight in my seat, resulting in the "wedgie" effect that others on here also seem to have a problem with when ordering pants from Luxire. The pants are also constraining in the crotch when I sit down.
Second, although my hip and thighs are average, the pants seem to fit too tight in this area as well. Especially given the fact that the pocket slits are cut rather small, this makes the pants feel constraining when sitting or using the pockets.
Third, the pleats open up and do not look very pronounced. In fact for a pleated pair of pants, the fronts look quite flat. I guess this is related to the fact that the hip area is a bit tight.
I find these issues a little strange because I ordered the pants with a standard "regular fit" based on my waist and inseam measurements. Most rtw pants have a better fit so it kind of defeats the purpose of mtm.

Any suggestions on how to solve these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. View attachment 1441786 View attachment 1441787 View attachment 1441788

in my experience highlighting these issues to luxire and asking them to make appropriate changes for your next order is the best way to go. MTM and even bespoke are an iterative process, which is why luxire recommends the relatively inexpensive trial garments for your first ordsr

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire

Would you be able to make a 'fun shirt' like the below examples by Drake's and Ralph Lauren? In other words, do you have the same oxford fabric in multiple colors?

The "traditional" way to make a "fun shirt" is to use off-cuts from other jobs to save cloth and train tailors. It might be interesting to offer this as a service (eg. you can select all blue and white patterns, or all pastels, but the actual design is unique and uses whatever cloth is available.)

alfredt

Reaction score
The "traditional" way to make a "fun shirt" is to use off-cuts from other jobs to save cloth and train tailors. It might be interesting to offer this as a service (eg. you can select all blue and white patterns, or all pastels, but the actual design is unique and uses whatever cloth is available.)
Oh awesome, I did not know that was the origin of the fun shirt. Agreed it would be even cooler if this served an actual purpose of reducing waste at Luxire.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It is a good idea.

mr_igloo

Reaction score
in my experience highlighting these issues to luxire and asking them to make appropriate changes for your next order is the best way to go. MTM and even bespoke are an iterative process, which is why luxire recommends the relatively inexpensive trial garments for your first ordsr
Yeah, I also sent them an e-mail after posting. I just wanted to see what other users have tried to do to resolve the fit issues, and whether it works out well.

Chrisone

Reaction score
My jeans order from february just shipped

Mine arrived yesterday, after 5 months waiting time. Perfect copies of the ones sent in, with small adjustments as ordered. The photos at Luxire.com doesn't do the jeans fabrics justice. It was the same last time I ordered jeans, this feels like the best price/quality offer they have.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday, after 5 months waiting time. Perfect copies of the ones sent in, with small adjustments as ordered. The photos at Luxire.com doesn't do the jeans fabrics justice. It was the same last time I ordered jeans, this feels like the best price/quality offer they have.
Thank you!
Sad about the 5 months though.

Going by our pipeline, we should be fulfilling fresh orders by mid/end September. After which, we intend to fulfill all orders within 3 days of receipt. That will allow you to choose MTM over RTW without the disadvantage of wait.
What that will also mean is end of "sales and discounts" as a sudden large amount of orders will throw the system out of gear.

Below is the current completion % by month as of today. We have made good progress in recent weeks.

1597922484847.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads