• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There is no gimmick. Instead of asking the customer to send the garment back and pay for shipping of the new garment, we remake at 50% discount. The final cost to the customer is $22.5 to $30 for trial shirt/pants. They also get to keep the garment they already have.

When offered the choice, almost everyone choose the 50% option. No brainer, I guess.

tayyabp

Reaction score
There is no gimmick. Instead of asking the customer to send the garment back and pay for shipping of the new garment, we remake at 50% discount. The final cost to the customer is $22.5 to $30 for trial shirt/pants. They also get to keep the garment they already have.

When offered the choice, almost everyone choose the 50% option. No brainer, I guess.

The garment I bought were not trial pants. They costed around $200 CAD. Asking for a remake at 50% discount means I would have to pay an additional $100 CAD just to get them remade or altered. The website says that the first order has a free remake in any case (and this was my first order). It would make more sense just to ship the pants back and have them remade for free, as the website indicates.

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The garment I bought were not trial pants. They costed around $200 CAD. Asking for a remake at 50% discount means I would have to pay an additional $100 CAD just to get them remade or altered. The website says that the first order has a free remake in any case (and this was my first order). It would make more sense just to ship the pants back and have them remade for free, as the website indicates.

Sure, you can send the pants back and also pay for shipping the new pants back to you.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still, I wish some blogger or luxire would post a beginners guide mentioning trial garments and the importance of ordering a bit to large as all local tailors can remove fabric.

flx

Reaction score
Still, I wish some blogger or luxire would post a beginners guide mentioning trial garments and the importance of ordering a bit to large as all local tailors can remove fabric.
But thats also only true to a certain extent. If you order a jacket for example and the back is to large it might not be economical to get it fully altered since it'd have to be completely redone (at least thats what my local tailor told me).

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But thats also only true to a certain extent. If you order a jacket for example and the back is to large it might not be economical to get it fully altered since it'd have to be completely redone (at least thats what my local tailor told me).

Yeah, jackets are a different story. But I dont think most customers start with a jacket. If I ever were to order a jacket I would ship one for them to copy.

Reactions: flx

Megakurth

Reaction score
Yeah, jackets are a different story. But I dont think most customers start with a jacket. If I ever were to order a jacket I would ship one for them to copy.
They also offer the trial jacket program where they send you an unfinished jacket which allows for further fit and customization

flx

Reaction score
They also offer the trial jacket program where they send you an unfinished jacket which allows for further fit and customization
I always wondered how sending stuff back wold work in relation to customs since they shouldn't tax you twice.
In my country they're usually very distrustful of invoices from foreign countries since there is so much invoice/tax-fraud related to items shipped from asia as gifts.
Is there any special documentation you'll get ? Or do you have to file something yourself.

Megakurth

Reaction score
I always wondered how sending stuff back wold work in relation to customs since they shouldn't tax you twice.
In my country they're usually very distrustful of invoices from foreign countries since there is so much invoice/tax-fraud related to items shipped from asia as gifts.
Is there any special documentation you'll get ? Or do you have to file something yourself.
I’ve used the prepaid label service and haven’t gotten hit with a tax yet

flx

Reaction score
I’ve used the prepaid label service and haven’t gotten hit with a tax yet
I think it's also depending a lot on the country you're living in as some western european are notorious for having very strict customs. I've sometimes had to pay more than the actual value since they adjusted it to their estimate but most of the time it's not worth fighting it if you value your time and the increased amount isn't too high.

If anybody from Belgium, France, Germany or the Netherlands has returned something for alterations I'd be very curious to hear about their experiences.

CyclingTex

Reaction score
@luxire Hi, I’m looking to order a few suits. I would like to send one of my suits for measurement. What is the turn around time right now?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Hi, I’m looking to order a few suits. I would like to send one of my suits for measurement. What is the turn around time right now?
Suits turnaround is 3 weeks currently, after receiving all required details.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Just received a set of masks in my latest order, I had a quick look and they seem to have a good fit.

No wire across the nose side to shape the top, which some have. (I will try one first but might add a wire if necessary.) Nice fabrics, some cottons and silks from what I can tell. I think you can request particular fabrics but I just asked the folks to use whatever was convenient.

I only have photos on my phone but can get others later if people are interested.

Last edited:

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a set of masks with my order, I had a quick look and they seem to have a good fit.

No wire across the nose side to shape the top, which some have. (I will try one first but might add a wire if necessary.) Nice fabrics, some cottons and silks from what I can tell. I think you can request particular fabrics but I just asked the folks to use whatever was convenient.

I only have photos on my phone but can get others later if people are interested.

did you order these or did they come complementary?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads