• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Has it been stated the current turn around for existing patterns? Shirts / Pants?
We are still trying to come upto speed after restarting post lockdown.
At capacity, we have only about 20 days orders pending. Given the smaller team, 6-7 weeks seem to be our estimate at this moment for current orders.

stuessi

Reaction score
I still have may February trial pants and trial shirt order pending. Any idea how long it will take?

boot_owl

Reaction score
I still have may February trial pants and trial shirt order pending. Any idea how long it will take?
At capacity, we have only about 20 days orders pending. Given the smaller team, 6-7 weeks seem to be our estimate at this moment for current orders.

Camillo

Reaction score
Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any fabric suggestions for a formal white shirt (twill, maybe poplin but crease resistant and easy to iron)?
Was thinking about Brembana or Monti, e.g.:
https://luxire.com/products/bremban...l-white-fw13214?_pos=6&_sid=db86c1c09&_ss=r#/

Won't link any specific fabric from Monti because there are few options there and I cannot say the difference (@luxire , any suggestions?)
The Brembanas remain high on our list of recommendations for white and blue business shirts.
The Montis are a close second.

The one you chose above is really good.

Camillo

Reaction score
@luxire , thanks for your input. Is it a more finer twill weave like e.g. the oxford by Brembana?

My second question is - is this white twill I linked earlier in stock? I need a shirt asap and would like to give my order a priority.

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire , thanks for your input. Is it a more finer twill weave like e.g. the oxford by Brembana?

My second question is - is this white twill I linked earlier on stock? I need a shirt asap and would like to give my order a priority.
Yes, fine twill and ready available.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire what would be the approximate turnaround on a couple stock oxfords right now (warzone, classic blue)?

boot_owl

Reaction score
Luxire what would be the approximate turnaround on a couple stock oxfords right now (warzone, classic blue)?

Timmbo

Reaction score
My (first order) trousers ordered in March arrived this week.

interesting. My single shirt order (not my first shirt order) from February is yet to be dispatched. Not a problem for me at all, but thought I’d share in case anyone finds the information useful.

Torulf

Reaction score
interesting. My single shirt order (not my first shirt order) from February is yet to be dispatched. Not a problem for me at all, but thought I’d share in case anyone finds the information useful.
I would count myself lucky. I recently received my order and things seem to be somewhat in disarray at the moment. My order was pretty messed up. Given my long experience with them I do have confidence they will sort things out.

flx

Reaction score
I would count myself lucky. I recently received my order and things seem to be somewhat in disarray at the moment. My order was pretty messed up. Given my long experience with them I do have confidence they will sort things out.
In what way was it messed up ? I can fully understand that it's difficult given the current circumstances to keep everything running but I hope those weren't any major quality flaws but rather just some split up shipments or something like that.

I was planning on ordering myself now that everything seems to be going back to normal but I'm a bit afraid of dealing with any major flaws (i.e. stuff requiring return shipping) since it's always a huge hassle to get stuff through customs in my country.

Torulf

Reaction score
In what way was it messed up ? I can fully understand that it's difficult given the current circumstances to keep everything running but I hope those weren't any major quality flaws but rather just some split up shipments or something like that.

I was planning on ordering myself now that everything seems to be going back to normal but I'm a bit afraid of dealing with any major flaws (i.e. stuff requiring return shipping) since it's always a huge hassle to get stuff through customs in my country.
a) Tweaks to an existing pants pattern which went all wrong (I think I would feel confident to order out of an existing pattern), some other stuff which were excellent, and b) I had a small heartattack when I saw the import duties (hint, hint)

Reactions: flx

flx

Reaction score
a) Tweaks to an existing pants pattern which went all wrong (I think I would feel confident to order out of an existing pattern), some other stuff which were excellent, and b) I had a small heartattack when I saw the import duties (hint, hint)
I guess you're also from a european (/EU) country then ?

For me it's not just the duties itself (which I have no problems with) but depending on the shipping company there can be ridiculous surcharges for handling the import process and / or really unacceptable delays (I've once waited over 2 weeks for a DHL Express shipment and it took probably at least 20 phone calls and mails).

Having to send stuff back sounds like a nightmare in regards to the whole import process (I've never done so myself but I guess it'll be a real pain proving you've already paid for it and that you just sent it back for alterations).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads