• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

TBY

Reaction score
Black Friday items? What happened??

I had a pair of trousers sent initially to confirm fit and was waiting on the others. A combination of my living in China and being slow delayed them in the first place.

As soon as COVID hit, everything ground to a halt.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire masks. We focused on comfort for all-day wear. 2-layers of fabric for safety.

DSC_7767.JPG

il vecchio

Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets irritated by emails from Luxire asking why I haven’t ordered recently,when my current order is not yet fulfilled?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets irritated by emails from Luxire asking why I haven’t ordered recently,when my current order is not yet fulfilled?

Not annoyed but it’s clear their emails haven’t been really adjusted to the current situation in general and definitely not to personal situations

Kelvin0683

Reaction score
About to make a purchase for a pair of 100% linen trousers. Does anyone have recommendations on how to keep them clean without the risk of shrinking them?

Boggis

Reaction score
Anyone have an experience ordering a suit from Luxire? I've had a pair of trousers made, and was very pleased.
However viewing this thread & their website there appears to be a bias towards trousers & shirts. I was wondering whether anyone had any personal experience with a suit and whether they'd recommend.

Quesjac

Reaction score

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an experience ordering a suit from Luxire? I've had a pair of trousers made, and was very pleased.
However viewing this thread & their website there appears to be a bias towards trousers & shirts. I was wondering whether anyone had any personal experience with a suit and whether they'd recommend.

If you scroll through this thread you will find several examples. I believe @taxgenius and @EFV has had suits made.

If you decide to have suits made by luxire Please post about your experience and I think you should be prepared to ship the garment to and from India a couple of times.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you scroll through this thread you will find several examples. I believe @taxgenius and @EFV has had suits made.

If you decide to have suits made by luxire Please post about your experience and I think you should be prepared to ship the garment to and from India a couple of times.

My advice applies to Luxire and actually to any online MTM program. If you have a suit that fits well, feel free to ask them to copy it. Don't expect it to look identical but it may be close enough. You may still need to make some corrections once you get it back. But by the grace of God, do not send in measurements of your body and expect to be happy with the outcome. There are limits of an online MTM program (actually any MTM program) and this is one of the most crucial ones. It makes no difference who took the measurements and how accurate they are, the process doesn't lend itself to a favorable outcome.

Last edited:

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a suit made last summer. I sent in a bespoke jacket (plus my standard Luxire trouser pattern), and the resultant product was within the margin of error I would expect from replicating it by a different maker and in a different fabric.

I would happily order again, mostly for linen or cotton fabrics where the cost of bespoke tailoring is somewhat outweighed by the shorter lifespan of such garments (and probably their more casual nature).

I would probably use successive orders to dial in my pattern slightly, but I am also realistic. All my Luxire trousers are made on an identical pattern, yet there is substantial variation in how they ‘wear’ depending on the fabric. Bespoke tailoring made with personal appointments can adjust for that, but there are diminishing returns in trying to tweak ‘by post’ garments to reflect different fabrics.

Boggis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, very helpful! Yes my intention would be to send in a jacket for measurement. I sent in trousers for measurement last time and was pleased with the result, but I figure a jacket would be much more difficult to copy.

Certainly when I do proceed I'll report back here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads