• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Ladislav

Reaction score
I will give an update tomorrow. I need to do a fabric burning test.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Is the whole advice via email thing not happening anymore? Still waiting on an email back about the fit of my trial jacket.

Also thought these services would go on by employees working from home. Waiting for two weeks on some advice on my trousers.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Some pretty big assumptions about workers' facilities to work from home right there

Luxire: "Our customer service and IT teams are working from home during this period. We are thus glad to answer any queries you may have during the period."

The assumption was made after reading this. However, I understand the situation, no hard feelings.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire: "Our customer service and IT teams are working from home during this period. We are thus glad to answer any queries you may have during the period."

The assumption was made after reading this. However, I understand the situation, no hard feelings.

Apologies. Coordination not happening well enough between the different teams remotely, to give good advice.

A lot of the times, we pull out patterns, study the image and pattern together to understand what changes will work best.
There certainly are cases where we are able to understand the changes just from the images.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First rule of styleforum: trust no one

Second rule of styleforum: always remember to notify your local fire department when you are conducting fabric burn tests.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
@luxire will you reopen the 15th or did your government prolonged the confinement? It looks like in spain we will start slowly going out the 26th

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Hi guys, I do come with quite important and ridiculous question here. Did anyone have an experience, that Luxire, would cheat on him in terms of material composition??

Thanks
I will give an update tomorrow. I need to do a fabric burning test.
Now that you mention it, I've actually melted a pair of corduroy trousers which were supposed to be 100 % cotton. The fabric always did feel a little funny, and one day when I was ironing them I noticed that they left residue on the iron and a hard, plastic like surface on the trousers...

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
People who are staying at home (I guess most of us) - What are you mostly wearing during the lockdown?

It has been shorts and t-shirt for me primarily. When going out, am wearing some trousers and polo, the idea being that they can then be quickly washed in the machine and dried.

Learning: The woven cotton shorts have been more comfortable in the heat than the knitted ones.
Loose T-shirts with a bigger neck opening are more comfortable. Thin, old, worn-out ones get preference.

What has your experience been?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, we photograph most pieces before they leave our studio. Recently, they were all added to an online repository. Is fun browsing.
Depending on the mood, they eye catches items of different types. These days, it has been the staples.

4NcsMrC.jpg

mYfRwAb.jpg

J7jiYE0.jpg

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, we photograph most pieces before they leave our studio. Recently, they were all added to an online repository. Is fun browsing.
Depending on the mood, they eye catches items of different types. These days, it has been the staples.

4NcsMrC.jpg

mYfRwAb.jpg

J7jiYE0.jpg

Is it possible for us to browse this archive?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible for us to browse this archive?

The archive will need to me moved to a sharable, public area for all to access. We will probably do that in the near future.
We will also need to clean it up a bit. There are a lot of ordersheet images, which have names and addresses.

poilu

Reaction score

mYfRwAb.jpg

@luxire
I’ve noticed this on a lot of your trousers, including my pair. The back rise is often an inch higher than the front rise.
This lead to unsightly bunching under the back waistband, which naturally wants to sit horizontally along the waist.
Given that your measurements form does not have a back rise and a front rise measurement individually (I provided a total rise measurements) I was wondering why this is so common. My tailor mentioned how unusual this is when I showed him the trousers, and said that trousers should not be constructed in this way.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The back-rise being higher than front rise is quite standard. Do send us fit images. We can advise on the required changes to get you to the fit you desire.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads