• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

SartorialStudent

Reaction score
I have this. Not quite as epic as the ecru heavy vintage, but a really lovely fabric. Heavy enough for a range of climatic conditions, but it’s linen so will look a bit odd if worn out of season. Not to be worn in the vicinity of small children or animals...

Luxire has the linen-cotton canvas in white, that would be my choice as an underrated fabric suitable for at least 3 season wear:

Alternately, perhaps @luxire can help you source a suitable fabric?
For Sweden, 4-season wear, I would recommend the Brisbane Moss Keats. Also available in white, cream.
It is an amazing fabric in our experience.

Thanks for the reply! I tend to prefer twill or plain unless it's a 100% linen pant. Also heard that a linen/cotton mix usually will crease as much as 100 linen but without the benefits of ventilation, maybe that isn't your experience?

Brisbane moss looks great @luxire but would really like it in an off white color, any other suggestions maybe?

SartorialStudent

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of the linen cotton canvas. The blend and the weave means it seems to hold a crease much better than pure linen. It breathes adequately, but is a dense fabric so I wouldn’t wear in tropical heat. I’d consider it an all-rounder with a slight bias to spring/summer, but that’s also true of white as a colour.
Thanks for the very swift reply! Sweden could rarely be seen as tropical so that won't be a problem then, and great to know that it holds a crease well. I tend to think that canvas works best in spring/summer but I do think that off white or cream trousers looks great on a crisp winter day as well, though preferrably corduroy, flannel, plain or twill. Also aware that a twill can be flanneled and so on but yeah, I think you know what I mean, you seem to have a knack for clothing ;)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I tend to prefer twill or plain unless it's a 100% linen pant. Also heard that a linen/cotton mix usually will crease as much as 100 linen but without the benefits of ventilation, maybe that isn't your experience?

Brisbane moss looks great @luxire but would really like it in an off white color, any other suggestions maybe?

The Keats shade card. In case something meets your needs.

Keats_1.jpg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stumbled on this. Seems quite a steal:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great - @luxire any comments on this fabric? Seems pretty light, wonder how it would drape.

The weight was in gsm, so the actual weight is 7.5 Oz. The fabric is excellent, great drape.
The price was an error and has been corrected. The orders already placed will be honored.

Reactions: 1up

Steepleman

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that submitting body measurements for trousers and 'regular' will give me a regularly fitting trouser? Well, one which is supposed to fit regularly given the extent of online MTM without fittings. Or was I supposed to fill in all of the boxes?

poilu

Reaction score
Hello all, got a few questions about shirts.
Looking at getting one made to start replacing my off the rack ones. I'm after a thin, crisp, dry fabric in white. Could anyone make any suggestions? Something like this fabric from Saman Amel:
shirt1.jpg

Second, in terms of fit: I'm a thin, tall guy, and even the slimmest of cuts from TM Lewin, one of the 3 affordable English shirtmakers ends up billowing out in my mid and lower back.
While I don't want to get a skintight shirt, I don't want it to be rather trim in the waist and hips so I don't get any flaring out in those areas. Should I get my shirt in slim or super-slim from Luxire?
What would be fantastically helpful is if someone could post a picture of them in a super-slim and a slim shirt for comparison.

Thanks so much ahead of time.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all, got a few questions about shirts.
Looking at getting one made to start replacing my off the rack ones. I'm after a thin, crisp, dry fabric in white. Could anyone make any suggestions? Something like this fabric from Saman Amel:
View attachment 1359143

Second, in terms of fit: I'm a thin, tall guy, and even the slimmest of cuts from TM Lewin, one of the 3 affordable English shirtmakers ends up billowing out in my mid and lower back.
While I don't want to get a skintight shirt, I don't want it to be rather trim in the waist and hips so I don't get any flaring out in those areas. Should I get my shirt in slim or super-slim from Luxire?
What would be fantastically helpful is if someone could post a picture of them in a super-slim and a slim shirt for comparison.

Thanks so much ahead of time.

The best approach is to take a really well fitting shirt (if you aren’t there yet consider getting one tailored) and send it in for them to replicate (and tweak off of that if needed).

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe brembana white twill also Google wollen hulls luxire shirt cloth guide. Ask them to pre-wash to avoid shrinkage.

Measure your best fitting shirt and adjust. If you are slim avoid back pleats and make it with darts. Dont decrease measurments too much on your first shirt. If it is slightly too big you can have it slimmed by a local alteration tailor. Expect 2-3 tries before it is "perfect" and enjoy the Journey as much as the goal.

poilu

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I live in a smaller city in England and there aren't any MTM or bespoke tailors around, as far as I know. Have considered having the first shirt made bespoke but not an option currently.
That Brembana twill looks good, should I be going for a fabric of lower weight if I want a shirt that's not stiff, shiny, and super formal.
These two cloths from Turnbull and Asser are exactly what I'm looking for (slightly too dear though).
shirt3.jpg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I live in a smaller city in England and there aren't any MTM or bespoke tailors around, as far as I know. Have considered having the first shirt made bespoke but not an option currently.
That Brembana twill looks good, should I be going for a fabric of lower weight if I want a shirt that's not stiff, shiny, and super formal.
These two cloths from Turnbull and Asser are exactly what I'm looking for (slightly too dear though).
View attachment 1359166

Don’t think you need a bespoke tailor to do some alterations on a shirt. A regular alterations tailor is fine. I also wouldn’t recommend picking an expensive fabric for your first shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads