• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any size/dimension issues when ordering different cloth? I recently ordered two pairs of trousers, one in the dugdale flannel on sale (fabulous fabric) and one in the test trouser navy cotton, and both had the exact same measurements. Oddly, the flannel pair came quite loose and seemed varied compared a previous trouser order using the same measurements, and the cotton pair were on point with previous orders in the same measurements.

Whilst I haven't had the time to measure the flannel pair to see if they're made to the same dimensions, I figured I'd ask the community to see if this is a common thing?

drape and weight could also be a factor in how they hang vs. retain their shape. My VBC 4-ply and Brisbane Moss calvary twill look very different cause the calvary twill is very stiff and doesnt drape as well...

_coelho

Reaction score
Was the collar band also unlined and unfused or did you do something else there? I have an OCBD like that, but the collar does not stand up as well as the one in your picture.
That shirt was recently pressed, so it was looking the best way possible in that shot. I also asked Luxire to adjust the collar to my neck posture, so it sits very naturally into my traps and stays on the back of my neck at nearly all times. That helped a lot, I think.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
I know there are mixed opinions about Luxire customer service, but is my experience typical/reasonable?

I ordered some trial pants which arrived OK in most respects but hips and back rise were an inch too big for some reason. I sent emails and photos and they asked me to send back for alteration or remake. I did so, confirming that I needed the pants to be an inch smaller in these areas.

‘I have just received what appear to be a remade pair and the hip size is ok but the back rise is now an inch too short!

When I queried this I have been told that they remade them by subtracting an inch from the original measurements in my order. So basically, tough.

this is bizarre. What’s the point about sending trial pants if they are not obviously used as the basis for subsequent measurement changes? I even sent them photos showing the first pair pinned up by an inch, but this has been ignored.

bbob2013

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration, but these things happen in this type of arrangementThis is coming from someone that has had amazing and horrible MTM experiences from a variety of vendors.

Please consider there can be a lot of factors involved, language difference, hand off of project, multiple people involved... who knows, there can be a lot of room for error.

You did the right thing by getting trial pants, and this is exactly what you want to get worked out now.

Just email them and see if you both can work something out.

I try and communicate as clearly and plainly as possible with makers, and I also try and bullet point or list changes or mods I want.

Enjoy the ride!

Aloysius16

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration, but these things happen in this type of arrangementThis is coming from someone that has had amazing and horrible MTM experiences from a variety of vendors.

Please consider there can be a lot of factors involved, language difference, hand off of project, multiple people involved... who knows, there can be a lot of room for error.

You did the right thing by getting trial pants, and this is exactly what you want to get worked out now.

Just email them and see if you both can work something out.

I try and communicate as clearly and plainly as possible with makers, and I also try and bullet point or list changes or mods I want.

Enjoy the ride!

Yes, I appreciate the complexities but surely the customer shouldn’t bear the cost of a higher likelihood of producer error? I hoped for a reasonable response but to be told, essentially, "we did something different to your instructions but will not do anything to rectify it" is truly disappointing.

KKL81

Reaction score
When I pointed out that they made a measurement mistake on a trial shirt, I got a new one for free.

Torulf

Reaction score
When I pointed out that they made a measurement mistake on a trial shirt, I got a new one for free.
This is all anecdotal, but I have made approx 15 orders of 30-40 items and I have been very satisfied throughout except once, or maybe twice. Once when requesting certain changes in measurements in specific garment the instructions were misinterpreted, the result unwearable and "customer service" at the time beyond ignorant. I am still a customer, but a wary one. Patience will be required and all instructions exceedingly clear.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A recently shipped jacket.

greychecks.jpg

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Yes, I appreciate the complexities but surely the customer shouldn’t bear the cost of a higher likelihood of producer error? I hoped for a reasonable response but to be told, essentially, "we did something different to your instructions but will not do anything to rectify it" is truly disappointing.

My experience isn’t getting any better. Now told:

"...during the remake of the pants since its a trial pant the fabric rolls keep on changing and the fabric which is used for the remake of the pants is less stretchy. So we have reduced the 1'' from the original measurement which you provided."

So basically, they decided not to follow my instructions to base the size change on the returned pants as requested as they used a different fabric. This has resulted in the pants being the wrong size again (out by 0.75") but tough, suck it up.

How do customers have any confidence that they will get what they order?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This grey linen has been a mainstay for 6 years now. Always among the best seller during summer.

39658-2.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another of the beautiful summer checks. Wear with khaki chinos & feel amazing.

38404-A (2).jpg

Reaction score
was this the 7311 I ordered?

edit: yes it is, here’s a photo of it after a day of wear. Also make sure you pick up a pair of the 13 oz VBC 4 ply - wonderfully smooth but porous, happily wore it during Australian summer. I’ve heard it even handles Singaporean humidity, and the drape is fantastic too.
View attachment 1345625
Your photo makes the fabric have a orange hue (which I like) but the color on their website looks more brown. Which is more correct to your eye?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This grey linen has been a mainstay for 6 years now. Always among the best seller during summer.

View attachment 1351138

I am going to get these made up, was looking for a pair or lighter colored pants for summer. How is the drape and wrinkle-resistance (obviously will wrinkle a fair bit considering linen.. ?). Any other good fabrics to consider for summer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads