• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

dluce76

Reaction score
On my most recent Luxire order I have a front rise of 12.5" and back rise of 18.5". Will be taking in the back rise from the waistband in the next order but happy with the front rise. For reference, I am 6'6" and the trousers sit at or just above my navel.

You must have a long torso. I am 6'0 with a 12.5" front rise and 18" back rise and they sit slightly below or at my navel.

henaal

Reaction score
Two orders arrived yesterday, EThomas cavalry twill and raw denim selvedge jeans (14.5oz).

Jeans I ordered using my trouser pattern as a baseline with some modifications. The modifications included lowering the rise 1.5cm, longer hem length and some others. The result is pretty good, and I would recommend going this route for people who have a good chino pattern and are looking for a somewhat similar fit with jeans. The crotch feels a bit tighter than in my chinos, same with the hip. That could be due to the heavier fabric weight and different construction. I'll start wearing these and see how they soften up, and then think what changes I'd like for my next pair. In any case, I consider this a success.

The EThomas cavalry twill is amazing, instantly one of my favorites. Nice weight, feels durable but has that "high-end" feel at the same time. Fit is getting damn near perfection.

I guess for my next adventure it is time to ship my bespoke jacket for replication to complete my black friday purchases...

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Hello!
Would need some help for my next pair. From the green trouser lux was supposed to clean up the seat on the new order of the khakis. I'm not 100% satisfied with how it has been made, any ideas to make it better for next pair? Any other thoughts on fit improvement?
All help would be greatly appreciated!
I have those same "cream" trousers (they're a shiny yellow irl). I ordered them at the same time as a VBC flannel. The VBC flannel fits me quite well, whereas the cream trousers are nigh unwearable, as they do not drape and they wrinkle and crinkle if you so much as look at them. Also the color is fukken fugly. With that in mind, I believe your trousers fit you reasonably well. Send the pictures to luxire and ask for suggestions. I do not believe any large changes are going to be necessary.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like when I get side adjusters and the extra fabric from the pull tab sticks out - largely depends on fabric though.

Anyone tried getting loops to tuck the excess fabric into? I know Luxire can do it, but I'm worried it may add some extra bulk to the silhouette of the waist.

Daraven

Reaction score
I don't like when I get side adjusters and the extra fabric from the pull tab sticks out - largely depends on fabric though.

Anyone tried getting loops to tuck the excess fabric into? I know Luxire can do it, but I'm worried it may add some extra bulk to the silhouette of the waist.
My last order came standard with a little loop on the side adjuster. It's a tiny piece of fabric, doubt it will affect your waist silhouette tbh...

Camillo

Reaction score
Wanted to recreate something similar to the Shirtonomy's turndown collar and that's how it looks like (it's the modified NOBD-II collar):

Shirtonomy:
27368413_1514329035331527_1195356738117688916_o.jpg

Luxire:
IMG_20200225_181037_1.jpg IMG_20200225_182109.jpg IMG_20200225_181852.jpg

I really like the end result. It looks nice with a tie (not so good without but who said all types of collars has to play with everything).

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bsarosi

Reaction score
Wanted to recreate something similar to the Shirtonomy's turndown collar and that's how it looks like (it's the modified NOBD-II collar):

Shirtonomy:
View attachment 1344128

Luxire:
View attachment 1344129 View attachment 1344131 View attachment 1344130

I really like the end result. it looks nice with a tie (not so good without but who said all types of collars has to play with everything).

What’s the order #? I’m inclined to copy this collar as I like how it makes the neck/face look slimmer

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@patliean1 , sure:

As I said, it was based on the NOBD-2 but with following adjustments:

- collar points length: 3.7"
- spread: 5"
- tie space: 0.4"

Thanks. I actually emailed Luxire two weeks ago with almost the exact same collar design but as a button down. Based of my existing modified NOBD II.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does a VBC: Dark Grey Tropical Wool differ from a Fresco type of fabric?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads