• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

pmestrad

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently ordered from luxire and was looking for some feedback on my experience. I ordered a jacket and pants to be made in the emerald green fabric listed on the site. The jacket on the left is what arrived (placed next to Spier and Mackay emerald herringbone jacket).

Anyways, after receiving it, I checked the site to see if I was mis-remembering the color. I found, however, that the jacket color did not at all match what was listed on their site. I emailed CS and they informed me that they did in fact use the correct fabric. I then went back to the site to confirm this and they had changed the images relating to the fabric to more closely match what I received. The previous images which showed a darker and more richly colored fabric were removed.

My question is, do I have a legitimate complaint here? Surely I could have ordered a swatch before I ordered the suit, which I do understand. What really bugs me is the changing of the website photos after I emailed them. I just feel like I was misled to some degree (otherwise, why change the photos at all if you feel they are accurate). The suit is way too pale for me to wear with my pale skin tone and will not be using it unfortunately. Should I just chalk this up to an expensive lesson or does the complaint have some legitimacy? Thanks!

Of note: the jacket construction and pant construction are great. I am not at all complaining about that. They did very good work. Just to be fully honest and upfront.

Also, ignore the propercloth hanger. I just put the jacket on that hanger as I like it more. That was from a completely different order, however.

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 148

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently ordered from luxire and was looking for some feedback on my experience. I ordered a jacket and pants to be made in the emerald green fabric listed on the site. The jacket on the left is what arrived (placed next to Spier and Mackay emerald herringbone jacket).

Anyways, after receiving it, I checked the site to see if I was mis-remembering the color. I found, however, that the jacket color did not at all match what was listed on their site. I emailed CS and they informed me that they did in fact use the correct fabric. I then went back to the site to confirm this and they had changed the images relating to the fabric to more closely match what I received. The previous images which showed a darker and more richly colored fabric were removed.

My question is, do I have a legitimate complaint here? Surely I could have ordered a swatch before I ordered the suit, which I do understand. What really bugs me is the changing of the website photos after I emailed them. I just feel like I was misled to some degree (otherwise, why change the photos at all if you feel they are accurate). The suit is way too pale for me to wear with my pale skin tone and will not be using it unfortunately. Should I just chalk this up to an expensive lesson or does the complaint have some legitimacy? Thanks!

Of note: the jacket construction and pant construction are great. I am not at all complaining about that. They did very good work. Just to be fully honest and upfront.

Also, ignore the propercloth hanger. I just put the jacket on that hanger as I like it more. That was from a completely different order, however.
I've run into the same issue. Blue trousers on the site, purple in real life (these turned out great anyway). Cream trousers on the site, yellow in real life (in my case, these were like yours unwearable). In any other case I'd say you have a legitimate complaint, but with Luxire I've - perhaps falsely so - just decided to live with it and order swatches if I really want to be sure of the color I'm getting. When buying from Luxire, there are quirks and inconsistencies you unfortunately have to live with which I've never encountered before. Personally, I have find that the positives outweigh the negatives by a lot.

With that said, I've only had positive experiences with customer service and you should write to them and ask. I feel I have been fairly compensated in the past, and in one case I was the one who had erred. However, I have not complained about the color being wrong (yet). I've read that others here have had less pleasant experiences so your milage may vary.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The older and newer images are of the same fabric.
Do not read too much into the change of the images. Based on customer feedback, our IT team does review quality of images and where they see that better imaging can be done, they do the change.

For your case, we are still be going by the older images.

pmestrad

Reaction score
The older and newer images are of the same fabric.
Do not read too much into the change of the images. Based on customer feedback, our IT team does review quality of images and where they see that better imaging can be done, they do the change.

For your case, we are still be going by the older images.

Thanks for the reply. That is the same reply I got via email. Again, I am not trying to be a super complainer or difficult, so I really do appreciate your time.

Can you explain what "For your case, we are still going by the old images" means?

pmestrad

Reaction score
I've run into the same issue. Blue trousers on the site, purple in real life (these turned out great anyway). Cream trousers on the site, yellow in real life (in my case, these were like yours unwearable). In any other case I'd say you have a legitimate complaint, but with Luxire I've - perhaps falsely so - just decided to live with it and order swatches if I really want to be sure of the color I'm getting. When buying from Luxire, there are quirks and inconsistencies you unfortunately have to live with which I've never encountered before. Personally, I have find that the positives outweigh the negatives by a lot.

With that said, I've only had positive experiences with customer service and you should write to them and ask. I feel I have been fairly compensated in the past, and in one case I was the one who had erred. However, I have not complained about the color being wrong (yet). I've read that others here have had less pleasant experiences so your milage may vary.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, the actual work they do in constructing garments seems great.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That is the same reply I got via email. Again, I am not trying to be a super complainer or difficult, so I really do appreciate your time.

Can you explain what "For your case, we are still going by the old images" means?
I am also unsure about what this means. If the delivered fabric looks very different from the old images then I can understand your disappointment. I guess another example of why ordering swatches before placing an order might be important, though Luxire does not always have swatches of all of their available cloths (those that have to be ordered). One compromise is to ask whether Luxire is willing to remake at cost.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Best to continue communicating with the customer service team. They will find you a solution.

bbob2013

Reaction score

If you did not order and review a swatch in-hand, then there is no grievance. Unfortunate, yes, but not a gripe. That is part of the adventure with MTM, with any company. Even in full bespoke, when you see the material and swatch it can present much different once it’s produced to scale. You need to handle the swatch and review in different lighting situations, unless you have or handled other garments in the same fabric that you can reference by mill and fabric number.

I have several duds, from a few different companies. It’s an expensive education, but you will learn how to evaluate and make informed decisions.

Actually, I recently ordered a white dress shirt staple, and asked to replicate a previous order specs. Upon arrival I noticed the collar was unlined unfused and looks pretty bad with a tie (the intended use), but that is what I asked for by asking for replication. I overlooked that detail and was focused on fit of other order. That is on me.

pmestrad

Reaction score
If you did not order and review a swatch in-hand, then there is no grievance. Unfortunate, yes, but not a gripe. That is part of the adventure with MTM, with any company. Even in full bespoke, when you see the material and swatch it can present much different once it’s produced to scale. You need to handle the swatch and review in different lighting situations, unless you have or handled other garments in the same fabric that you can reference by mill and fabric number.

I have several duds, from a few different companies. It’s an expensive education, but you will learn how to evaluate and make informed decisions.

Actually, I recently ordered a white dress shirt staple, and asked to replicate a previous order specs. Upon arrival I noticed the collar was unlined unfused and looks pretty bad with a tie (the intended use), but that is what I asked for by asking for replication. I overlooked that detail and was focused on fit of other order. That is on me.
Fair point. I will be doing swatches for now on. Thanks for the feedback. I will ask that we no longer discuss this in the thread per the request of the vendor. I appreciate all feedback and the vendor for time and effort. I will update with the final end result of my conversations with them via email. Thank you all again.

paxonus

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a collar that sits up higher on both the neck and the chest than a standard collar? Here is what I am thinking. In this photo, could the collar be constructed so that the size and shape is the same, but the top of the collar wraps around the neck at the point of the break between the neck and the head on the mannequin?

1582233528176.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible to make a collar that sits up higher on both the neck and the chest than a standard collar? Here is what I am thinking. In this photo, could the collar be constructed so that the size and shape is the same, but the top of the collar wraps around the neck at the point of the break between the neck and the head on the mannequin?

View attachment 1340788
Can be done. We can create and send you similar images by placing on a dummy. Once you approve, we can proceed.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Can be done. We can create and send you similar images by placing on a dummy. Once you approve, we can proceed.
Exactly the kind of response we’ve all grown to expect, no matter how wacky the request

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads