• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire if i want to make adjustments to a previous order's measurements for a future order, is the best way to describe them in half-measurements (i.e. pants folded along the crease and using a tape measure where a 1/2" measured flat would really reduce the leg circumference by 1"...)?

Basically I want to take about 1" of fabric out of the rear thigh (from seat to knee)...I can upload pictures in a couple days if that would help

Boggis

Reaction score
How does one go about ordering swatches from Luxire? I've not seen any options on the website.

Boggis

Reaction score
Find “extra service” and then just add the amount you want(1$ per swatch)

Got it! I don't think I'd ever have found it without asking. Do you just then include the names of the swatches you want in the notes?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it! I don't think I'd ever have found it without asking. Do you just then include the names of the swatches you want in the notes?

just send a mail following your confirmation mail and copy in all the links of the fabrics you want in there

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire if i want to make adjustments to a previous order's measurements for a future order, is the best way to describe them in half-measurements (i.e. pants folded along the crease and using a tape measure where a 1/2" measured flat would really reduce the leg circumference by 1"...)?

Basically I want to take about 1" of fabric out of the rear thigh (from seat to knee)...I can upload pictures in a couple days if that would help

Describing in half is preferred. Also, it allows you to change only the front or back parts

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
How does Luxire's own flannel hold up compared to the Dugdale dark gray? The latter is a 20 dollar premium, but heavier and without polyester. I'm bit of a purist when it comes to polyester, so I'm considering springing for the Dugdale but if the polyester makes for a longer-lasting trouser I could reconsider.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some of Luxire’s own brand, but cannot say for sure which ones you are referring to. They usually select good fabrics, but if it’s only $20 to move up to Dugdale that seems a good move.

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
I have some of Luxire’s own brand, but cannot say for sure which ones you are referring to. They usually select good fabrics, but if it’s only $20 to move up to Dugdale that seems a good move.
Just for clarity, these are the two fabrics I had in mind:

The Dugdale looks to be very good value.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a thick chino fabric in sand?

A mid-high rise fit for my thighs and ass in a thicker fabric has been surprisingly hard to find.

Something that is like a more casual washed canvas khaki.

Where are the products made? I ask because anything outside of NAFTA gets hit with a 39-40% duty/tax rate here.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BIGBILLYBIG - Dugdale, no question. I have a Luxire flannel which looks very similar to that but may be heavier. In any event, I’d pay the small upcharge.

@FlyingHorker - Luxire manufactures in India, from fabric sourced from a variety of countries.

dluce76

Reaction score
Just for clarity, these are the two fabrics I had in mind:

The Dugdale looks to be very good value.
I got a pair made up in the Dugdale. Very nice. Definitely recommend it. At that price, and since grey flannel is such a staple, I'm considering getting a second pair made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads