• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a white shirt fabric for a casual summer wedding?
Not too see-through but the more cooler the better...

Maybe white pique, cotton-linen or cellulare.

monkk

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried making some jeans with his normal trouser pattern? I'm happy with my pattern but they told me over email to send a pair of jeans or give measurements and I'm afraid of starting the whole fit process again

I'm bit surprised of this Luxire approach of trousers - > jeans. If denim behaves differently can't they work out how to translate measurements?
Anyhow, from my experience I can tell that waist and thigh are exactly same on my jeans and trousers.
Back raise is inch shorter on denim and still find it too high. Front raise same.
Somehow half hip is 0.5 smaller on denim, but I feel same could be reduced in trousers as well.
Knee/opening you can easily measure pair you like at home.
In general go with same measurements for denim as for trousers. Suggest your own changes, eg reduce front/back raise if you feel like it. Otherwise, denim can always be bit imperfect and easy to alter at local shop.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire I've asked this before, but will do it again hoping your answer may have changed. Is there ANY chance you'll bring back or restock this wool like cotton? https://luxire.com/products/soft_brown_cotton_twill?variant=464966765#/

They were so versatile and good looking with a sharp crease although being cotton. They could easily be dressed up and/or down. Really loved them. So much that I wore them out.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire
Is there an update on the blue wool covert pants from the black friday sale?

Thank you.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Vadim T

Reaction score
@luxire
do you have a photo of a standard pattern for jeans back view?
I don't want my pockets to be lower than ****** as in the attached photo.
Or do I need to mention this when ordering?
w560.jpg

Thilgela

Reaction score
anyone has any insights on what "HAND-MADE BARTACKS" is? Does it apply to dress pants? Thanks!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a white shirt fabric for a casual summer wedding?
Not too see-through but the more cooler the better...
I ordered the white-cotton linen for a winter wedding in Thailand and was comfortable in it, but it's see-through. I wear undershirts, so wasn't too much of an issue.

View media item 2295389
View media item 2295388

boot_owl

Reaction score
Just received part 1 of my Black Friday order. Fresh batch of winter flannels just in time for... Australian summer (lol). Took one linen pair too.

Sent in a bespoke pair of trousers - as we all know, Luxire does a magnificent job of copying samples. Allow me to add to their list of successes.

bespoke sample by Dylan and Son:

Fresh Luxire flannels (lightened, actual:

Fresh linen cotton canvas from Luxire:

VL22

Reaction score
Just received part 1 of my Black Friday order. Fresh batch of winter flannels just in time for... Australian summer (lol). Took one linen pair too.

Sent in a bespoke pair of trousers - as we all know, Luxire does a magnificent job of copying samples. Allow me to add to their list of successes

Really like the drawstring closure trousers, can you describe the style a bit more?

boot_owl

Reaction score
Really like the drawstring closure trousers, can you describe the style a bit more?

It's a stock style from Luxire that I had made up with no changes in measurements specified vs my dress trousers.

The waistband doesn't have as much stretch as you might see in say sweatpants, so it can take a bit of effort to get on. It is however tight enough to stay at my waist without needing to tie the drawstring overly tight, and is comfortable to wear. I would probably have preferred a slightly longer drawstring, but the fit itself is clearly excellent.

I intend to wear these during summer in situations where Jeans may be a little too warm - I may even order an indigo or navy pair down the line.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sent in a bespoke pair of trousers - as we all know, Luxire does a magnificent job of copying samples. Allow me to add to their list of successes.

bespoke sample by Dylan and Son:

View attachment 1321984 View attachment 1321985 View attachment 1321986

Fresh Luxire flannels (lightened, actual:
View attachment 1321987 View attachment 1321989 View attachment 1321990
Fresh linen cotton canvas from Luxire:

View attachment 1321991 View attachment 1321992 View attachment 1321993
That's fantastic. I did the same thing after several trial and errors. Just sent in a pair of bespoke trousers and let Luxire replicate it, which they did a great job with.

As to your drawstring trousers, what's the fabric you've used? I wonder if the style is to casual for wool trousers. I envision that this style would look great with a pair of linen trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads